Awwwww..... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2004, 05:19 AM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:38 AM
Awwwww.....

Just a little tidbit. When Kerry's face was shown on the jumbo-tron at the Clinton library opening the crowd started chanting "Kerry! Kerry!"

That had to be interesting with both the president and senator kerry there....

Old 11-19-2004, 05:24 AM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

When I was at the dinner in Washington, they showed a video of the life of the guy the dinner honors, Bishop Walker. Several political figures were in the video. One of them was John Kerry, and keep in mind this was only three days after the election. There was a huge ovation when he came on the screen. For some of us that was actually the highlight of the whole evening.

Old 11-19-2004, 05:29 AM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:38 AM
I liked President Clinton's speech, especially this

"I don't want to be too political here, but it bothers me when America gets as divided as it was. I once said to a friend of mine, about three days before the election -- I heard all these terrible things -- I said, "You know, am I the only person in the entire United States of America who likes both George W. Bush and John Kerry, who believes they're both good people, who believes they both love our country and they just see the world differently?"

What should our shared values be? Everybody counts. Everybody deserves a chance. Everybody's got a responsibility to fulfill. We all do better when we work together. Our differences do matter, but our common humanity matters more.

So I tell you we can continue building our bridge to tomorrow. It will require some red American line-drawing and some blue American barrier-breaking, but we can do it together. "

http://www.clintonpresidentialcenter...dedication.htm
Old 11-19-2004, 05:49 AM   #4
New Yorker

Local Time: 07:38 AM

I'm often critical of Clinton for various reasons, but SOMEONE ANYONE has needed to say this, and it's sure not going to be Bush, who thought he had a mandate with less than the popular vote, and it's probably not going to be current dems. So Billy boy, thank you!

sd
Old 11-19-2004, 06:51 AM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

I missed the speech because I had to work and then go to a birthday party. But I agree, someone has to say this stuff. I've also criticized Clinton for various things, but not this.
Old 11-19-2004, 08:48 AM   #6
Acrobat

I watched bits and pieces of the Library opening on the news last night It was great to see the first family and former first families gathered with high spirits despite the rain - it was nice to have those whatever political differences put aside just for a day.

And Bono and Edge were there, always a plus. Did anyone see Chelsea Clinton during Sunday Bloody Sunday? She was just swooning with a big smile on her face!
Old 11-19-2004, 09:16 AM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Other than his extramarital affairs and his obvious political differences with me, I will admit that Clinton has been a great leader, and a his legacy should not be forgotten.
Old 11-19-2004, 05:16 PM   #8
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
I liked President Clinton's speech, especially this

"I don't want to be too political here, but it bothers me when America gets as divided as it was. I once said to a friend of mine, about three days before the election -- I heard all these terrible things -- I said, "You know, am I the only person in the entire United States of America who likes both George W. Bush and John Kerry, who believes they're both good people, who believes they both love our country and they just see the world differently?"
I liked that part of his speech too!
Old 11-19-2004, 05:19 PM   #9
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
Other than his extramarital affairs and his obvious political differences with me, I will admit that Clinton has been a great leader, and a his legacy should not be forgotten.

I totally agree with you Macfistowannabe on this.
Old 11-19-2004, 05:36 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
I agree with this also. I'm a fan!
Old 11-19-2004, 06:40 PM   #11
Blue Crack Distributor

I'm a huge Clinton fan, so I was happy to hear what he had to say in his speech yesterday.
Old 11-19-2004, 07:05 PM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

if i had been there i think i would've had a heart attack. john kerry, jimmy carter, bill clinton, bono, the edge, al franken, etc. etc. it would've been like, for lack of a better word, an orgy!
Old 11-19-2004, 10:42 PM   #13
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
if i had been there i think i would've had a heart attack. john kerry, jimmy carter, bill clinton, bono, the edge, al franken, etc. etc. it would've been like, for lack of a better word, an orgy!
Sick thought. Although, Clinton probably would have taken you up on the offer, eh?

-Cheap shot. I like that he said America has to come together.
Old 11-19-2004, 11:31 PM   #14
Refugee

I might be one of the few in here to say that I'm critical of Clinton in that he was too conservative. He hurt the poor so much with his welfare reform and his inability to really do something positive with medicare. Nevertheless, I have a deep respect for him in that he did manage to do a lot of things right. He helped broker peace in N. Ireland, and he worked like hell in the mid-east. Sure he made mistakes in the field of his personal life, but I'm not picking up a stone to throw at him. Overall, i sure wish like hell he could run again.
Oh, odd use of the word, orgy, u2democrat...but i understand what ya mean. Can you imagine sitting at a table with them all? Orgy of the minds....
Old 11-20-2004, 12:45 AM   #15
The Fly

In a Clinton Library ceremony interview, Senator KERRY has arrived at =thee= reason why he ultimately lost the election: Ozama! Actually, it's that type "thinking" of his that ensured he'd lose.