Average IQ stats of people in U.S. election states

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
anitram said:

The practical what?

I can only speak for what I've seen, but using deodorant, flushing the toilet properly, recognizing when the elevator stops at a floor other than yours, and not leaning against walls marked "wet paint" seem not to be the strengths of some math professors.

I really don't think this means anything for several reasons:

1. You don't know how many of those high IQ people voted for who,

2. No one tested every single voter

3. It doesn't always make you smarter that you graduated from college, I know a lot of college grads who are too stupid to find their way to the bowling alley or put dishes in the dishwasher without covering the hole the water comes through :huh:

Speaking of IQ, I have a nephew who was certified with a 135 IQ as a 10 year old and spent several years in the 'gifted' program, but goofed off in high school and now rates a 1.68 GPA :sigh: I'm sure there are people with much lower IQ's with better grades. It's not always an indicator.

namkcuR said:

Profound mental retardation (MR) below 20 or 25
Severe MR 20-25 to 35-40
Moderate MR 35-40 to 50-55
Mild MR 50-55 to about 70
Borderline 70-79
Dull normal 80 to 90
Normal 90 to 110
Bright normal 110 to 120
Superior 120 to 130
Very superior 130 and above

So the red states range from 'dull normal' to 'normal', while blue states are 'bright normal'.

swell... i'm superior... oh wait, i voted for bush. [sarcasm] subtract 50 points from my score, please, so i can hang out with the rest of my fellow people

[/sarcasm]

i dont know where to begin. or end.

U2Kitten said:
It doesn't always make you smarter that you graduated from college, I know a lot of college grads who are too stupid to find their way to the bowling alley

:lol:

My sense of direction is a bad joke. I might get lost on the way to the bowling alley too if it's too far out in the suburbs. I got lost on the way to a party last month and actually had to come home because I couldn't find the damn thing. :reject: :reject:

Michael Griffiths said:
I should have included the text that came as part of the gif image of the stats in the file I was sent:

"The IQ numbers were originally attributed to the book "IQ and the Wealth of Nations", though they do not appear in the current edition. The tests and data were administered via the Raven's APT, and The Test Agency, one of the UK's leading publishers and distributers of psychometric tests. This data has been published in the Economist and the St. Petersburg Times, though this does not mean it should be taken as fact."

According to the link, though, the Economist retracted the article on the grounds that it may have been a hoax since they were unable to verify any of the data. Apparently Raven's denies that any such data exists:
http://www.nbr.co.nz/print/print.asp?id=9123&cid=1&cname=Media

speedracer said:

I don't know much about IQ tests, but I have plenty of contempt to shower upon a certain group of test-writing pinheads in Princeton, NJ.

:yes: And they're the ones who write the SAT, the ACT, and practically every standardized test in the book. You know the College Board has a near-monopoly on standardized tests? CLEP, AP, those two I mentioned, plus fifty other billion important exams. Yes, I realized it's not IQ, but it's the same concept.

Hmm,

Conservative? Yeah, on most issues.

Republican? yup, long story short, Democrat petition taker, said he would get paid if I registered as a Republican, and because I really was in a hurry, I did so. That's terrible but, I use it just for these occassions, as I'm a U.S. Republican directly because of a U.S. Democrat.

I'm also a republican in the pedantic, dictionary term, but that doesn't really apply to the U.S. political party.

I fall in the superior range for IQ tests.

I like being an exception to the rule. :D

I'm not so great with math, but I was an "A" student in everything else.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom