Australian Election - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-24-2007, 02:29 AM   #31
Jesus Online

Local Time: 08:22 AM
He's sterile, alright!

Quote:
1. Islamic Immigration - CDP understands that Islam is not just a religion but a religious - political ideology which when fully implemented does not necessarily sit well in a democratic system. CDP believes that Australians want to take time out to do a social impact study on what that would mean for our Nation of Australia and believes that every nation has the sovereign right to whom it will allow across its borders.

Old 11-24-2007, 02:31 AM   #32
Jesus Online

He's also concerned that the price of a Big Mac is the same in Sydney as it is in Broken Hill. What a pioneering thinker.

Old 11-24-2007, 02:33 AM   #33
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:22 AM
Dont make me read that stuff again. It was bad enough when Teefy was asking.

At my polling place the CDP person offered me her flyer. I said "no thanks" but I must have had a horrified look on my face as the Labor and Greens person cracked up laughing.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:36 AM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
He's also concerned that the price of a Big Mac is the same in Sydney as it is in Broken Hill. What a pioneering thinker.
They are or arent the same price? They shouldnt be the same, Broken Hill has bluer skies than Sydney and thusly should have more expensive Big Macs.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:37 AM   #35
Vocal parasite

You know, those CDP fundie lunatics seem almost sane once you look up the Citizens Electoral Council. Britain was behind 11 September 2001, globalisation's aim is to reduce the world's population from 6 billion to 1 billion, and the anti-global warming movement can be equated to Nazi eugenics!

And ugh, Pauline Hanson's running again in Queensland. That just makes my skin crawl. Fuck off already, you racist cunt.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 11-24-2007, 02:39 AM   #36
Blue Crack Addict

Why are both parties everywhere? Where did all these nutjobs come from? I had the CDP and the CEC and Family First in my electorate but no Democrat.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:51 AM   #37
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Senate Results

More
Party Continuing New Total
Liberal/National Coalition 19 0 19
Australian Labor Party 14 0 14
The Greens 2 0 2
Family First 1 0 1
Unallocated 0 40 40
How can this be true so early? The polls are still open over here. This happens every election and I still dont get it. I know WA is 10% or wotever of the state but still...
Old 11-24-2007, 02:53 AM   #38
Jesus Online

Quote:
Originally posted by beli
Dont make me read that stuff again. It was bad enough when Teefy was asking.

At my polling place the CDP person offered me her flyer. I said "no thanks" but I must have had a horrified look on my face as the Labor and Greens person cracked up laughing.
Same kind of thing happened to me when the Liberal woman tried giving me one of hers. I might have scowled, because the Green's lady backed off too, but I followed her and smiled and held out my hand and she laughed.

http://www.news.com.au/feature/0,,50...CMP=KNC-google

Try that, beli and everyone. Surprise, surprise, Bob is my friend.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:54 AM   #39
Jesus Online

Quote:

They are or arent the same price? They shouldnt be the same, Broken Hill has bluer skies than Sydney and thusly should have more expensive Big Macs.
They are, and he's pissed off about it. He's on a mission from God to sort out the Big Mac crisis in Australia! I bet it's those bloody muslims' fault!!
Old 11-24-2007, 03:01 AM   #40
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Why are both parties everywhere? Where did all these nutjobs come from? I had the CDP and the CEC and Family First in my electorate but no Democrat.
How the hell are CEC managing to field so many candidates? Like I said earlier, I don't know how they even have 5 or 6 supporters, let alone enough of a base to field plenty of candidates nationwide.

The Democrats really seem to be disappearing. That GST fiasco's legacy has been brutal.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 11-24-2007, 03:15 AM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

Angie, I'm about to go out and miss all the excitement

Would you be able and willing to SMS me regarding:

* Benelong
* Moore
* Lindsay

please? Also, if the government falls that would be a nice SMS.

Thats only if you are kicking back watching this of course.

Im off to Brahms again. Unfortunately "Requiem" was last week. Would have been appropriate (hopefully).

:toodles:

http://www.abc.net.au/elections/fede...orateindex.htm
Old 11-24-2007, 03:19 AM   #42
The Fly

Local Time: 07:22 AM
Schweet....Bartlet's pretty much lost Macquarie. ALP has had a 5% swing.

The ABC are calling Lindsay for the ALP. And apparently need 12 seats to take power.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:22 AM   #43
Vocal parasite

Howard's looking shaky in Bennelong.

Come on Howard, pull a Stanley Bruce!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 11-24-2007, 03:38 AM   #44
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Howard is gone!
Old 11-24-2007, 03:41 AM   #45
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Acrobat Angel
Howard is gone!
Well, not quite yet, either personally or nationally. Personally, only 11.8% has been counted in Bennelong so far. But that 11.8% is showing a considerable swing away. On the ABC's website, they're currently showing 5,083 votes to McKew and 4,825 to Howard. Much more to come. This could come down to the wire.

Nationally, without QLD, SA, or WA yet, I don't think anything can be called. I want to call it to Labour, but I don't want to get prematurely excited.

Gig pictures | Blog