au revoir quebec, et le rest of canada - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-06-2006, 01:23 AM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:10 PM
au revoir quebec, et le rest of canada

yikes.

how the tide has turned for us poor liberal supporters in canada.

the rcmp is now investigating the latest liberal mishap, and it's looking more and more like this could be the final nail in paul martin's party's coffin.

i can NOT believe we're going to elect a conservative government with STEPHEN HARPER AS OUR PRIME MINISTER.

this destroys me to no end.

i'm a proud canadian who prides himself in believing that he's part of a progressive country, that doesn't pander to the americans, and represents the interests of ALL CANADIANS.

it's funny. when the liberals have scandals, it results in a few million dollars being sent to the wrong people.

when conservatives have scandals, they send their nation's finest to fight a war that doesn't need to be waged in the first place.

oh yes people, canada would be in iraq this very moment if harper and his ridiculous "alliance" party had been in power in the months leading up to the iraq invasion.

we've got it good, people. wake the FUCK UP. if you want to make a statement, if you're sick of the liberals WAIT ONE MORE TERM I BEG OF YOU. harper will be gone, and the conservatives will shift more to the centre.

i sound like a desperate man, because i am one. my entire family is conservative - on both sides. my riding? will never vote anything but for the most right-leaning party available.

and best of all of course, is the fact that a liberal destruction will mean quebec will have filed for soveriegnty within five years.

our country's peak was in the 90's - early 00's. now i seriously wonder what kind of a canada we'll have left in 2.5 weeks.

fuck harper.

Old 01-06-2006, 01:57 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 05:40 PM
I almost want to see Harper be PM, just to see how badly he can fuck everything up, almost. Don't worry, there entire caucus is made up of rookies who will end up screwing up so badly we will be having another election in about 18-24 months again. I'm no fan of Martin or the Liberals but I agree it's better than the Allianc...Conservatives. Just think Harpur will be invited to Texas on the weekends and help George on the range. We will be one happy conservative family in North America. Awwwww, how sweet.

Then the Alliance will get voted out of oblivion again next election.

Old 01-06-2006, 02:38 AM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:10 AM
And to think that people call that attitude condacending, huh.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:23 AM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 06:10 PM
i still don't think harper's got enough support to win it, regardless of what certain polls say. with any luck, we'll end up with another liberal minority government, and stephen harper will lose the conservative leadership, and that will be that.

that's what i'm hoping for, anyway.

Old 01-06-2006, 08:29 AM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:10 PM
Even if Harper became PM, the chances of him getting a majority government are seemingly remote, and he'll find himself a bit lonely when the three other parties are all leftist. That means a lot of compromise, and hopefully, that means he'll have to abandon his gay bashing tendencies.

His intolerance and pandering to the Christian Right has always been his downfall.

Melon
Old 01-06-2006, 11:08 AM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Take comfort Zoom - if Harper wins, it won`t be for long and he`ll probably have to make room for the likes of McKay.

Anyway, leave it to Ontario to save the day once more
In the lead-up to the election in 2004, the pundits were predicting, based on the polls, a Tory minority gov`t. And I think that like 2004, the Tories leading the polls a few weeks before the election will mobilize the left come election day, which won`t translate into votes for the NDP but strategic voting on their part will ensure we have another Liberal government.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:37 PM   #7
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by trevster2k
I almost want to see Harper be PM, just to see how badly he can fuck everything up, almost. Don't worry, there entire caucus is made up of rookies who will end up screwing up so badly we will be having another election in about 18-24 months again. I'm no fan of Martin or the Liberals but I agree it's better than the Allianc...Conservatives. Just think Harpur will be invited to Texas on the weekends and help George on the range. We will be one happy conservative family in North America. Awwwww, how sweet.

Then the Alliance will get voted out of oblivion again next election.

sounds like many americans circa 1999 ... be careful what you wish for ...
Old 01-06-2006, 06:07 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 05:40 PM
I said almost
Old 01-06-2006, 06:23 PM   #9
The Fly

Ahahah.. I also hope Harper won't be elected. He doesn't inspire me any trust and I disagree with most of his ideas, as many Quebeckers. But don't worry... even if he's elected, he'll be kicked from his trone before the end of his mandat. At least, that's what people predict. Now we just gotta hope it will be true.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:43 PM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
And to think that people call that attitude condacending, huh.
who asked you?

anyone who respects what's been accomplished in the last 10 years should know better than to trust the alliance.

if the conservatives win in the future with a different NON-PYCHO LEADER, i'm for change.

but for now, i like paul martin. he's been given one mega shitty hand to play with as a result of all the scandals, and he's handled it as well as anyone could.

right since day one, really, his government's been dogged by scandal allegations.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:08 PM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96
but for now, i like paul martin. he's been given one mega shitty hand to play with as a result of all the scandals, and he's handled it as well as anyone could.

right since day one, really, his government's been dogged by scandal allegations.
Indeed. Forgetting all about Jean Chrétien, Paul Martin hasn't had a lot of time to prove himself, but what he's done so far has been pretty good. He was a bit wishy-washy, at first, but he eventually developed the courage and conviction that his party needed. It's done him pretty well, so far, and it would be a pity if he was cut off this soon.

Melon
Old 01-06-2006, 08:51 PM   #12
ONE
love, blood, life

plus, he stands up to you evil americans too.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:06 PM   #13
The Fly

Careful here, not every American is evil More diplomacy, please. eheh.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:08 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

The only thing that may save us in the end is if undecided voters all swing Liberal (there is a tendency to do this) or the waffling NDP voters end up in the Liberal camp in pretty big numbers as was the case last time.

If Harper wins, it will be a minority government. There is no chance that the other parties won't force an election in another 18 months or whenever the first major Conservative fuck up happens.

My parents and brother vote NDP but we may all vote Liberal this time in order to avert major disaster.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:14 PM   #15
ONE
love, blood, life

wow.

i can't imagine having ONE family member who WOULDN'T vote for the supreme alliance.

and vervex, i was really only kidding...