Attorney: Female Child Molester "Too Pretty For Prison" - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-25-2006, 05:11 AM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:06 PM

Old 07-25-2006, 05:29 AM   #32
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen

How do you know that? You are basing your opinion on a stereotype that doesn't apply to everyone and honestly is one reason why these women are getting away with what they are doing.

Getting a disease might even be a breeze relatively speaking when compared to the emotional damage that might be done. A 14 year old boy is still a child mentally and emotionally, I don't care how much sex he is having and with whom, even if it's consensual and with girls his age. So add an adult into the equation and an adult who is a teacher, well it sure seems like one big problem to me. Most 14 year old boys have no idea about the potential long term damage a situation like that can have on their future emotional lives, mental health, and in future relationships.
A stereotype

The major issue here is that it involved an abuse of authority, 14 is the age of consent in many European countries. I fail to see how this case warrants such harsh criticism and demands for "justice".

Old 07-25-2006, 06:10 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
A stereotype

The major issue here is that it involved an abuse of authority, 14 is the age of consent in many European countries. I fail to see how this case warrants such harsh criticism and demands for "justice".
Because 14 is not the age of consent in this country. It was illegal.

If it was a 14 year old girl, would we be having this conversation? (I'm not sure why we're having it again. Slow day in FYM?)
Old 12-05-2007, 12:52 AM   #34
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:06 PM
She's back in the news:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/12/04...ref=newssearch
Old 12-05-2007, 01:17 AM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
She's back in the news:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/12/04...ref=newssearch
Well she wouldn't be if she had been put in prison in the first place.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:52 PM   #36
Blue Crack Addict

At least it was non-sexual-but hey sexual with a boy is still ok when you're a hot blond teacher and all that..
Old 12-05-2007, 06:15 PM   #37
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 10:06 PM
I really hate that double standard. I know many teenage boys have their fantasies and all that, but whether he wanted it or not, the fact remains that since he was underage, it's illegal, and she should've been properly punished the first time for her crime. She shouldn't get a lighter sentence just 'cause she's a "hot" teacher. And she's stupid for getting herself caught again.

I just want to know why on earth I'm hearing about this sort of thing so often nowadays? Swear to god, every few months a new story like this pops up, it's insane. Yet we ban kids from giving their friends a quick hug at school.

Angela
Old 12-05-2007, 06:43 PM   #38
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:06 PM
But this underage girl will turn 18 on January 2 and insists there was nothing inappropriate about their conversation. Technically a teenager under 18, yes, and that means the terms of her probation were broken, but it sure is a gray area for me.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:24 PM   #39
Blue Crack Addict

(CNN) -- Debra Lafave, the former Florida middle school teacher convicted of having sex with a student, violated her probation by hugging a young co-worker, a Florida judge found Thursday.

But the judge did not send Lafave to jail, saying the violation was "not willful and substantial."

"Please don't come back," he scolded.

Dressed in a severely tailored black pantsuit, Lafave said she had "innocent" physical contact with a female co-worker she knew as under age 18.

At the time, she and the 17-year-old hostess worked at Danny Boy's, a small restaurant in the Tampa, Florida, area.

Lafave, 27, pleaded guilty in November 2005 to having sex with a 14-year-old boy and was sentenced to three years under house arrest and seven years of probation.

Lafave was required to register as a sex offender and ordered not to have any contact with minors. A tracking device she carries as part of her probation went off in court, prompting the prosecutor to observe, "I think she's accounted for."

Lafave acknowledged she was aware that hugs and other forms of physical contact -- as well as conversations about sex -- with minors violated terms of her probation. She referred to the sexually explicit conversations at work as just "girl talk."

Lafave denied talking about her sex life with co-workers. "I don't speak that way about my personal life," she said. But she added that her co-workers spoke freely about sex in a "small group setting."

While other co-workers socialized outside work, Lafave said, the 17-year-old was not included in those outings.

Asked why she hugged the young co-worker, Lafave explained it was a small restaurant with a casual atmosphere where co-workers felt like family. The contact came, she said, "out of my good nature, that's the way it worked."

The contacts that led to Thursday's probation violation hearing first surfaced during two polygraph tests administered as part of Lafave's court-ordered supervision.

She received a verbal reprimand a year ago, according to testimony. When the behavior continued, her probation officer asked a judge to find her in violation.

She was ordered to quit the restaurant job and now works as a receptionist in her mother's beauty shop.

In the past, Lafave has said she suffers from bipolar disorder and is receiving treatment.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:32 PM   #40
Refugee

She may be pretty, but she's no Pamela Rogers.

Old 01-10-2008, 05:33 PM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

So it's drool over child molesters time?
Old 01-10-2008, 05:42 PM   #42
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Harry Vest
Sure it's a "double standard". So what.
It all depends on the 14 year old boys state of mind. Was he tricked into having sex - I highly doubt it. Was he molested, drugged, or fooled in any way??? Probably not. I know it's been said far too many times but there is real truth in this...I wish I had had the opportunity to score with an older babe when I was 14!!! Sorry folks but it's the truth. Most 14 year old boys would.
Now the difference between a man and a girl and a woman and a boy - the biggest differences are... the boy most likely really wanted to have sex with this "older woman" (not that there aren't cases that are similar involving girls) - the huge difference is that the 14 year old boy COULD NOT GET PREGANT therefore it is not as serious as it would be if a pregancy was involved. That is number 1 in my books. I guess the "older woman" could of gotten pregnant but oh well, at least she's not 14. It's the oldest double standard in the book and will always be that way no matter how many Nancy Graces there are telling us otherwise. Unless it is UNWANTED sex (big fat ugly psycho teacher molesting 14 year old boy) and if indeed it was MUTUAL then leave it alone and start concentrating on the real pedophiles out there - ones who harm CHILDREN and not horny 14 year old boys!!!
Old 01-10-2008, 05:43 PM   #43
Refugee

Quote:
It doesn't change the fact that she is hot. I woulda loved to get with Pamela Rogers when I was 14. Or any age for that matter.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:57 PM   #44
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:06 AM
Quote:
It's a case of GBH (Guilty But Hot).
Old 01-10-2008, 05:59 PM   #45
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 05:06 AM
So you guys would be A-OK with it if you found out your 14-year-old daughter was having a sexual relationship with her attractive male teacher?

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης