Attorney: Female Child Molester "Too Pretty For Prison" - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2006, 11:50 AM   #16
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
Child abuse isn't a "real problem"?

Apparently not when it involves a boy and his hot blond teacher.

Old 03-27-2006, 06:22 PM   #17
Anu
Editor

Location: There ain't no place I'd rather be, baby won't you carry me back to Tennessee
Local Time: 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by a-mole
i still think that it is a problematic
fine.. it workes with you two. but that woman was the boys teacher... there is quite a power relation there. Combined it with his young age and i am very skeptical towards the whole thing.
Clearly, the power problem is as important or more than the age and gender of the couple.

It's unclear from anything I've seen if the boy considered it consensual in any way.

You know that one woman got out of jail and married her teen lover who by that time was of age.

Notice my post, I am not in any way condoning the situation that this thread started around, but rather, trying to inspire a broad minded and careful approach to the topic.

Old 03-27-2006, 07:12 PM   #18
Jesus Online

Local Time: 03:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Anu

If I'd met her when I was 15 or 16 instead of 31, it appears some of you would have had her locked up!
Of course she'd deserve it if it had happened. She'd have been committing a crime. Perhaps it is you who hasn't got an open mind to this. Jails are full of people with families who love them but are guilty of immoral and illegal acts.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:29 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife

Apparently not when it involves a boy and his hot blond teacher.
Give me a break. Of course it's a real problem. If journalists want to address the problem intelligently, that's fine. But this news "story" has been all over the tabloids, late night talk shows, and sleazy cable news shows just because it's titillating. This is not a serious case.

The only reason it's getting attention is because her great looks get great ratings.

[edited for typo]
Old 03-28-2006, 12:40 AM   #20
Refugee

Local Time: 11:12 AM
christ, i wish she would've "molested" me when i was 14!

or now would be fine as well.

that kid's gonna have a helluva story to tell his grandkids:

when i was your age, i was so smooth i had my hot blond teacher in her 20's fucking me!
Old 03-28-2006, 12:53 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Wow, gotta love the double standard!

Pretend I were to have sex with a male professor, then regretted it or decided to hate him for whatever reason and wanted him punished. I've no doubt I could make a case against him given the fact that he's a man and there's this professor-student power distance so I could argue I felt pressured into it and make up some lies about he threatened to fail me if I didn't. Who knows, I might even win a case like that!

But here we have a sexual act that CLEARLY violates statutes and regardless of whether the boy presses charges, the offender can still be prosecuted. But noooooooo, nothing will happen because the offender is not only female, but "good looking" (put that in quotes b/c she looks pretty skanky to me).

Quote:
"To place Debbie into a Florida state women's penitentiary, to place an attractive young woman in that kind of hellhole, is like putting a piece of raw meat in with the lions"
Yeah buddy, newsflash, that's what we do with SEX OFFENDERS!!
Old 03-28-2006, 01:06 AM   #22
War Child

Local Time: 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Anu

You know that one woman got out of jail and married her teen lover who by that time was of age.

Notice my post, I am not in any way condoning the situation that this thread started around, but rather, trying to inspire a broad minded and careful approach to the topic.

I did notice that you did not condone

I have not heard about the woman and her teen lover. However, I know of cases where these lovers (or at least the older part) made a point in waiting untill the younger party was at least 16. Because hey realize their legal surroundings and wanted to make sure their partner had the time to develope and mature sufficently. I know that one can also have sex at an earlier age, i just feel that a grown up person should have enough love, care and level-headedness to ensure these things. If not, then at least for the sake of pure self-interest (e.g. avoiding a law suit). Maybe it would help to once think from the perspective of a parent. I would go rampage if some adult had sex with an underage child of mine (if i had one).
Old 03-28-2006, 01:13 AM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic

Yeah buddy, newsflash, that's what we do with SEX OFFENDERS!!
The lawyer was just doing his job, and defending his client. He had to say that, or else he'd be committing legal malpractice.

Old 03-28-2006, 01:36 AM   #24
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by JMScoopy
christ, i wish she would've "molested" me when i was 14!

when i was your age, i was so smooth i had my hot blond teacher in her 20's fucking me!
You may disagree with the legal assessment all you like, but this is a completely inappropriate topic to make fun of, particularly vulgarly. For all you know, some of your fellow posters might have been molested as children themselves.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 03-28-2006, 08:04 AM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

thank you yolland

but hey, it's all about "hotness"
Old 03-28-2006, 12:12 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Was she a teacher when she was posing on that motorcycle?

I think she is a child molester and she should have been tossed into jail.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:24 PM   #27
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by yolland

You may disagree with the legal assessment all you like, but this is a completely inappropriate topic to make fun of, particularly vulgarly. For all you know, some of your fellow posters might have been molested as children themselves.

i guess what i mean to say is i bet the kid isn't too broke up about this situation. i dont think most 14 year old boys would be, at least i wouldnt, unless i got a disease out of it.

not making fun of, just stating the obvious. i mean it's not like the kid was 10 or anything. in less than 2 years, he would be "legal" anyway, depending on the state. if this was a girl that got molested and the teacher was a male, you could be damn sure he'd be in prison right now.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:37 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by JMScoopy

i guess what i mean to say is i bet the kid isn't too broke up about this situation. i dont think most 14 year old boys would be, at least i wouldnt, unless i got a disease out of it.
How do you know that? You are basing your opinion on a stereotype that doesn't apply to everyone and honestly is one reason why these women are getting away with what they are doing.

Getting a disease might even be a breeze relatively speaking when compared to the emotional damage that might be done. A 14 year old boy is still a child mentally and emotionally, I don't care how much sex he is having and with whom, even if it's consensual and with girls his age. So add an adult into the equation and an adult who is a teacher, well it sure seems like one big problem to me. Most 14 year old boys have no idea about the potential long term damage a situation like that can have on their future emotional lives, mental health, and in future relationships.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:47 PM   #29
Refugee

Local Time: 10:12 AM
Sure it's a "double standard". So what.
It all depends on the 14 year old boys state of mind. Was he tricked into having sex - I highly doubt it. Was he molested, drugged, or fooled in any way??? Probably not. I know it's been said far too many times but there is real truth in this...I wish I had had the opportunity to score with an older babe when I was 14!!! Sorry folks but it's the truth. Most 14 year old boys would.
Now the difference between a man and a girl and a woman and a boy - the biggest differences are... the boy most likely really wanted to have sex with this "older woman" (not that there aren't cases that are similar involving girls) - the huge difference is that the 14 year old boy COULD NOT GET PREGANT therefore it is not as serious as it would be if a pregancy was involved. That is number 1 in my books. I guess the "older woman" could of gotten pregnant but oh well, at least she's not 14. It's the oldest double standard in the book and will always be that way no matter how many Nancy Graces there are telling us otherwise. Unless it is UNWANTED sex (big fat ugly psycho teacher molesting 14 year old boy) and if indeed it was MUTUAL then leave it alone and start concentrating on the real pedophiles out there - ones who harm CHILDREN and not horny 14 year old boys!!!
Old 07-25-2006, 04:50 AM   #30
you are what you is

it isn't really hard to understand how the double standard (as wrong as it is) has come to exist
teenage boys are driven by hormones (even more than teenage girls maybe), not many people would disagree
but the law should protect against those who try to take advantage of this

“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa