Attempt to Ban Homosexuals from living in a County - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2004, 10:31 PM   #46
The Fly

Local Time: 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees
Kate,

Firstly you should learn to spell. It's so rare that I criticise people's spelling online, but if you're going to refer to a "holey" (you mean holy) book or a "phycoligist" (you mean psychologist) as a means to support your bigotry then you should at least be able to spell them. Further, if you do not wish to cause "effence" (you mean "offence" not "affence" as you spelled it in another post) then perhaps you should keep in mind that there are several people who post here who are gay and will be extremely offended by your baseless accusations.

Secondly, I would love to see your psychological sources which describe homosexuality as a mental illness, especially since it hasn't been included in definitions of mental illness since sometime in the early 1970s I believe.

Finally, do you think that "not bothering" with your cousin because they're gay is generally a nice way to treat people? I mean would you like it if people were to treat you that way?
Your are correct FizzingWhizzbees. I took several courses in psychology while I was in colleage in the late 70's. And homosexuality, was NOT to be considered as a mental illness. But, the ignorance and the fear, society has of it, well maybe that is another matter.

Again, I say. You can not turn a person "gay" anymore than you can turn a person "straight!" Finding someone to love, commit to and who feels the exactly same way about you, is what I feel, is truly beautiful. And whether your partner is a man or a woman. It really doesn't matter.

Old 03-19-2004, 10:55 PM   #47
The Fly

Kate, when I posted my above message, I didn't know that you were only fifteen years old. But, I really do respect you as a human being and I am not trying belittle you, in any way. I am in my forties and I have personally experenced, what the predudice can do.

Ten years ago, a friend of mine was beaten to death, as he left a gay bar. And back when I was in college, a best friend of mine, blew his brains out with a gun, because he could not handle being gay. I also, have lost several more friends to Aids, back in the early eighties. This is the reason I feel so strongly about this subject. I hope you understand. Take care.

Old 03-19-2004, 10:57 PM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Inis
Ten years ago, a friend of mine was beaten to death, as he left a gay bar. And back when I was in college, a best friend of mine, blew his brains out with a gun, because he could not handle being gay. I also, have lost several more friends to Aids, back in the early eighties. This is the reason I feel so strongly about this subject. I hope you understand. Take care.
Good god......

Sorry to hear of your losses. .
Old 03-20-2004, 12:26 AM   #49
Refugee

Local Time: 03:38 PM

Quote:
Kate, when I posted my above message, I didn't know that you were only fifteen years old. But, I really do respect you as a human being and I am not trying belittle you, in any way. I am in my forties and I have personally experenced, what the predudice can do.

My best friend who I considder my sister is gay. It would distroy my faith in humanity if anything happened to her because of her love for someone.
Hate should not be because of love.<--- does that make sense.
Old 03-20-2004, 02:17 AM   #50
The Fly

"Hate should not be because of love." Yes, this makes perfect sense.

And thank you so much, for the kind words and condolences.
Old 03-20-2004, 04:25 AM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 04:38 PM
You're welcome, Inis. .

And agentmissa...that makes sense to me. It just frightens the hell out of me that people are willing to go so far as to hurt people, even kill them, just because of who they are and who they fall in love with. How can anybody possibly justify doing something that stupid over something that harmless? I don't get it.

Angela
Old 03-20-2004, 08:23 AM   #52
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:38 PM
Quote:
Old 03-20-2004, 09:23 AM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

I'm so sorry about your friends Inis
Old 03-21-2004, 01:15 PM   #54
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by Kate1
Lets face it though being gay is not natural, as you acn't get married in the eyes of god!!!

PS NOT RELIGIOUS, JUST SAYING
It definitely is NOT right.
Old 03-21-2004, 01:16 PM   #55
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by Soul Always
It definitely is NOT right.
I meant that homosexuality isn't.
Old 03-21-2004, 01:19 PM   #56
ONE
love, blood, life

What the fuck is this? Ignorant bigot weekend? I'm tempted to ask if you have any form of coherent explanation for your comments, but after asking the question on numerous previous occassions, I'm starting to learn that bigotry doesn't normally have a rational explanation.

Old 03-21-2004, 01:54 PM   #57
Refugee

Quote:
What the fuck is this? Ignorant bigot weekend? I'm tempted to ask if you have any form of coherent explanation for your comments, but after asking the question on numerous previous occassions, I'm starting to learn that bigotry doesn't normally have a rational explanation.

I have been dealing with this issue inside my own home. I've agued the argue, tried to make some sense to it. Unfortunately I have concluded that people's minds can't accept what they don't understand. If all the sudden the world leaders said, homosexuality will be the only tolerated union because of over population wonder how the heterosexual couples would feel? Like their rights would be taken away?
Old 03-21-2004, 02:39 PM   #58
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I'm starting to learn that bigotry doesn't normally have a rational explanation.
Bingo. You win a prize.

Melon
Old 03-21-2004, 04:39 PM   #59
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:38 PM
Good night.

Join Amnesty.