At least 8 Americans injured in attack on U.S. camp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

womanfish

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
They say 6 serious injuries and that it was a "terrorist attack" in Northern Iraq.

source - CNN via Time Magazine reporter with the 101st division.

i think it was a camp in kuwait. it was a grenade attack. they were aimed at the tents of the commanders. at least that's what nbc is reporting.

The attack occurred at a camp in Kuwait. The report (on CNN) said that ten people were hurt, six seriously. They are saying that it was a "terrorist" attack but I don't know the particulars of the group involved. Maybe they don't know this yet.

This is the 2nd terrorist attack today then; there was a suicide bombing in Northern Iraq - 1 Australian cameraman working for ABC and 3 Kurds were killed.

Yes, womanfish - the BBC is following that story, you can read about it here.

I hope they're safe.

womanfish said:
Now saying they are Kuwaiti nationals that were working as translators. Strange.

now they're looking for the missing soldier and are saying he might be a suspect. how horrible.

*edit - the soldier is in custody. it is now a criminal investigation. none of the injuries are life threatening.

Last edited:
As if they dont have enough to wory about

[Story

GRENADE ATTACK ON BASE

A US soldier is being questioned about a grenade attack on an allied army base in Kuwait which injured at least ten soldiers.

The attack is understood to have been carried out by two men - one of whom is believed is being interrogated.

A US military official the incident occurred at Camp Pennsylvania near the Iraqi border.

The official did not identify the unit of the 101st Airborne Division that was in the camp. He said it had been in Kuwait for about one week.

But Jim Lacey, a correspondent for Time magazine who was at the camp, told CNN two grenades had been rolled into the command tent, in what appeared to be a "terrorist attack".

Back
Top Bottom