Asteroid Thingy hits Perth, West Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aussie

Babyface
It's Saturday night here in Perth, Western Australia. Callers to a radio station here are going crazy. I didn't see it myself but a huge bright ball with a blue tail has just gone across the sky. Some people said it was like daylight when it crossed. It was seen for hundreds of kilometres across Perth and even in country towns. There was a big bang near one country town. Hopefully someone will go and find out what is was. Hopefully we'll get some answers soon!!

Wow!! That is cool! However it would really suck if people were hurt. Hopefully it landed somewhere earthy with no people or animals nearby.

Let us know what's going on! :)

:lol:

We are talking Perth here, there aren't that many people around.

Haven't heard anything about it....

The news had footage of it. It was amazing. It was a meteorite and there was a sonic boom as well. One of the most exciting things happens in Perth for years and I miss it!!!

That makes two of us. :mad:

Typically, I slept through it :lol: or maybe I was too pissed or something :huh: :wink:

I would love to see some of that footage! No sign of this story elsewhere online though, which I find kind of strange.

reptile said:

Easy....that would be called a Big Thingy!!

Or if we were being really descriptive we might call it an extra large thingy (with a side order of fries :D)

How about, the really fast and really big thingy?

Come to think of it, didnt we build something similar to the bullet train and call it , the really fast train? I am sure this is a true story!

reptile said:
How about, the really fast and really big thingy?

Come to think of it, didnt we build something similar to the bullet train and call it , the really fast train? I am sure this is a true story!

Methinks too much HHGTTG...:drool: Douglas Adams :up:

Yes, I think it was called The Really Fast Train, as opposed to the really slow trains we have now :lol:

:wink:

"whats this big round thing moving towards me....i think i'll call it GROUND, i wonder if it will be friends with me??"

(excuse the paraphrasing!)

:giggle:

Tania said:
:drool: Marvin:drool:

Brain the size of a planet :wink:
.....and you ask me to park the car........

(i may be paraphrasing again!, its been so long since i saw the original though i did see dvd of the remake recently and was plesantly surprised)

Oh dear i think weve turned this into an HGTTG apretiation thread!

:ohmy:

:giggle:

This is our thread now!!

I recommend checking it out. The guy from the office was well cast, and a few of the original actors pop up for cameos......
So...do yourself a favour.......

Plus it has Alan :drool: Rickman aaaannnnnnddd Stephen Fry :drool:

Yes, I think I should get down to the local vid shop and hire a copy.

Hey, have you seen Creature Comforts (8pm Thursday night ABC)? Done by the same people as Wallace and Grommit. :up:

reptile said:
Yes i have:up:

I watched it the other night actually. Those hyenas crack me up!

:lol:

I think the giraffe with the braces is hysterical and the zebra, and the hyenas every time they look at each other. :lmao:

blueeyedgirl said:
Man I turn my back for about 5 days and look......:eyebrow:

AAAANNNNDDDD Noone mentions Zaphod Beeblebrox!!!!!!!! :no:

I know, I know... :shrug: But noone else was chatting so it just evolved and hey, asteroid thingy's and HHGTTG, I can see the connection :lol:

Zaphod and his intergalactic pan blaster drinks :drool:

Back
Top Bottom