Assorted Fallujah quotes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bullet1973

The Fly
from various news reports...........

"The enemy has a face. It is Satan's. He is in Fallujah, and we are going to destroy him."
- Colonel Gary Brandl, US Marines

"We didn't get the job done. Now we're going back in to finish it. It's the same with the whole of Iraq. Either we do it, or our friends and younger brothers will come after us to do it. Now, we're going in full force. The main thing is to hold our ground and kill as many faggots and bastards as we can.
- L/Cpl Nicholas Federici, 19, of 1/8 Marines.

ALL U DUMB IRAQIS HEAR THAT?? SATAN IS IN FALLUJAH AND WE'RE GONNA KICK HIS ASS AND WE'RE GONNA SHOOT LOADS OF FAGGOTS AND BASTARDS WHILE WE'RE AT IT!! YEE-HAWWW!!!

bullet1973 said:
from various news reports...........

"The enemy has a face. It is Satan's. He is in Fallujah, and we are going to destroy him."
- Colonel Gary Brandl, US Marines

"We didn't get the job done. Now we're going back in to finish it. It's the same with the whole of Iraq. Either we do it, or our friends and younger brothers will come after us to do it. Now, we're going in full force. The main thing is to hold our ground and kill as many faggots and bastards as we can.
- L/Cpl Nicholas Federici, 19, of 1/8 Marines.

ALL U DUMB IRAQIS HEAR THAT?? SATAN IS IN FALLUJAH AND WE'RE GONNA KICK HIS ASS AND WE'RE GONNA SHOOT LOADS OF FAGGOTS AND BASTARDS WHILE WE'RE AT IT!! YEE-HAWWW!!!

If these are the sort of morons who are 'bringing democracy' to Iraq it's no wonder most of the population wants to kick them out of their country.

Here is a nice quote
From the Halls of Montezuma
To the Shores of Tripoli;
We fight our country's battles
In the air, on land and sea;
First to fight for right and freedom
And to keep our honor clean;
We are proud to claim the title
of United States Marine.

Our flag's unfurled to every breeze
From dawn to setting sun;
We have fought in ev'ry clime and place
Where we could take a gun;
In the snow of far-off Northern lands
And in sunny tropic scenes;
You will find us always on the job--
The United States Marines.

Here's health to you and to our Corps
Which we are proud to serve
In many a strife we've fought for life
And never lost our nerve;
If the Army and the Navy
Ever look on Heaven's scenes;
They will find the streets are guarded
By United States Marines.

And Here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...09.xml&sSheet=/news/2004/11/09/ixnewstop.html

And here: http://www.dvidshub.net/video/jump.php?857

The USMC is one of the greatest fighting forces in the world, so if you want to make them out to be morons and hicks and then bitch and whine about them having faith while they are out there serving with pride, it just shows who you are.

Go get'em, Devil Dogs; It's Their 229th Birthday You Know.

Last edited:
A_Wanderer said:

The USMC is one of the greatest fighting forces in the world, so if you want to make them out to be morons and hicks and then bitch and whine about them having faith while they are out there serving with pride, it just shows who you are.

Go get'em, Devil Dogs; It's Their 229th Birthday You Know.

Oooh, that's put me in my place! I'd better not post anything else or I'll probably get my butt kicked!

A_Wanderer said:

Who am I then?

You are an "enlightened" European who hates the madman Bush and everything he stands for. One could gather from these posts that your opinion of the US Armed Forces is very low.

I think that attempting to paint these guys as dumbfuck yokels is wrong and I am stating that.

A_Wanderer said:
You are an "enlightened" European who hates the madman Bush and everything he stands for. One could gather from these posts that your opinion of the US Armed Forces is very low.

I think that attempting to paint these guys as dumbfuck yokels is wrong and I am stating that.

Firstly, I am Irish. Although it doesn't matter a damn if I'm from Ireland, India or Idaho. By stating that I'm an 'enlightened' European is to start this whole Europe v America bullshit up again. Do u not think that there are many, many people from your own country who hate Bush more than I do?. Don't patronise millions of your fellow countrymen and women.

Secondly, why should the US Armed Forces be above criticism? Especially when some of them continually spew that sort of bumblefuck crap which gives them a bad name all over the world. Boasting about going to get Satan and killing faggots and bastards just before they go into a major battle where there is likely to be (and in fact already has been earlier this year) a large loss of innocent life is at best disrespectful. At worst it's a sickening indictment of Bush's philosophy of 'bringing democracy' to Iraq the way he wants to....down the barrel of a gun.

But that's the problem when you pick and choose your quotes - you'll find the really brilliant and the really disturbing, when neither is truly representative of the majority, I would guess.

The guy ranting about faggots is a bigot, no two ways about him, and his comment does not deserve to be given the time of day. Hopefully one day he'll grow up (he's still a kid) and realize just how offensive and shameful his words are.

I am not patronising my fellow countrymen and women. More than half of the people in my country would like to see Bush gone.

Characterising the Marines with two quotes is not productive. It seems like a healthy round of bashing those Americans and their total ignorance of how to be respectful of other cultures.

As for Europe vs. America - I think that both sides of the Atlantic need to get over themselves, they are not the world.

Last edited:
Here is an e-mail from a Marine Major about what is going on in Fallujah posted on BlackFive ( http://www.blackfive.net/ )
Sent: Tuesday, November 9, 2004 9:52 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am here in Fallujah and well. I have been forward for the last 36 hours or so and am back now in our camp for a bit before heading back out to the forward command post.

We are doing well...only 6 KIA and 68 WIA so far from our regiment. XXX Marines on our flank has taken some XXXX losses but we are killing the enemy in droves. They are hiding in houses that are heavily fortified and we just destroy the house with a tank shot or a bomb or missile.

There is no negotiating or surrender for those guys. If we see the position and positively ID them as bad guys, we strike. When they run, we call it maneuver and we strike them too. Why? Yesterday the muj attacked an ambulance carrying our wounded. The attackers were hunted down and killed without quarter. These guys want to be martyrs...we're helping.

Don't hear a lot of this on the news huh? Fox News is doing a pretty good job over here so stick with them for coverage.

This is the only way this place can ever be safe.

And in the midst of all this we're helping to restore power and protect and feed and evacuate the ordinary citizens of Fallujah...although most left the city as soon as the muj moved in.

And today is the Marine Corps's 229th birthday. It is only fitting that we are engaged in combat and serving our country today. The beer, cake and steaks will flow once we're all done.

<…>

My thoughts are with all of you and thanks for keeping us in your prayers...I'm sure God is around here somewhere, above all of this...keeping an eye on things and protecting the just and the angels...that's what our KIAs are referred to as...but we all hope he turns a blind eye on the muj and their false beliefs as we find them and kill them.

And I'm just here doing my job.

Chris

It's a real shame we don't have Fox News here. I really hate not having fair and balanced coverage of what's going on in Iraq.

What is this letter/piece of propaganda supposed to tell us? Maybe some of these people want to be martyrs but what about the others who don't? What are we supposed to say to them? Tough shit, you're just collateral damage? Not one mention of remorse for the innocent bystanders who get blown to smithereens just cos they're in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The Guardian, Nov 10, 2004..........

Mohammed Abboud said he watched his nine-year-old son bleed to death at their Falluja home yesterday, unable to take him to hospital as fighting raged in the streets and bombs rained down.
"My son got shrapnel in his stomach when our house was hit at dawn, but we couldn't take him for treatment," said Mr Abboud, a teacher.

"We buried him in the garden because it was too dangerous to go out."

Residents say scores of civilians have been killed or wounded in 24 hours of fighting since US-led forces pushed deep into the rebel-held city on Monday.

Doctors saw at least 15 dead civilians at the main clinic in Falluja on Monday. By yesterday, there were no clinics open and no way to count casualties.

US and Iraqi forces seized control of the city's main hospital, across the Euphrates river from Falluja proper, hours before the onslaught began.

US bombardments hit a clinic inside the Sunni Muslim city, killing staff and patients, residents said. US military officials denied the claims.

When US forces stormed Falluja in April, they pulled out several weeks later partly as a result of widespread outrage at civilian casualties.

Sami al-Jumaili, a doctor at Falluja hospital, said the city was running out of medical supplies.

There were "scores of injured civilians" and no surgeons, he said by telephone from a house where he had gone to help the wounded. "A 13-year-old child just died in my hands," he said.

Weekend air raids destroyed a clinic funded by an Islamic relief organisation in the centre of Falluja, witnesses said.

The US defence secretary, Donald Rumsfeld, said on Monday he did not foresee large numbers of civilian casualties but those words were of little comfort to the Abboud family, sitting in a house damaged by the bomb that killed their child.

That split second of remorse for a soldier in combat is the difference between life and death - and those guys that wanted to be martyrs and those who did not, well perhaps that doesn't make a difference when they attacked the ambulance.

I wonder if the Guardian happened to notice any insurgents being killed.

I don't like it that the guy said he wanted to kill "faggots" and such. I'm from the U.S. and I certainly do not think our troops are above criticism. They're a fine bunch of people on the whole, but as we found out earlier this year with the breaking of the torture scandal there are some real bad apples among them. The good ones want to restore water supplies and hospitals, not kill anyone. The ones who actually want to kill are an embarrassment, to say the least.

A_Wanderer said:
That split second of remorse for a soldier in combat is the difference between life and death - and those guys that wanted to be martyrs and those who did not, well perhaps that doesn't make a difference when they attacked the ambulance.

I think u may have misunderstood what I was saying. When I talk about those who don't want to be martyrs I'm talking about any innocent civilians who are killed, not the insurgents.

And I wasn't talking about that soldier showing remorse in combat, I was talking about him not expressing any semblance of remorse in his letter despite the fact that either he or his comrades may have been responsible, either directly or indirectly, for innocent deaths. While obviously of no consolation to the families of the dead, it would be a step in the right direction and takes far more courage than to talk about how many bad guys he killed.

I do not see anything wrong with a Marine who wants to get out there and do his job. Civilian deaths are a bad thing, what else can one say about that, but to demand that a Marine express remorse for innocent people that he did not cause himself while in the field will probably not happen, these guys are not conditioned to write a letter when they find something disagreeable they are there to get the job done (which is eliminate insurgents and terrorists while not killing civilians) - and they do it very well.

No, there is nothing wrong with a Marine who simply wants to get out there and do his job. I was mainly taking exception to the remark about "faggots". If they want to kill someone because they are supporting terrorists or killing people or whatever, that's something else. That's perfectly understandable.

A_Wanderer said:
I do not see anything wrong with a Marine who wants to get out there and do his job. Civilian deaths are a bad thing, what else can one say about that, but to demand that a Marine express remorse for innocent people that he did not cause himself while in the field will probably not happen, these guys are not conditioned to write a letter when they find something disagreeable they are there to get the job done (which is eliminate insurgents and terrorists while not killing civilians) - and they do it very well.

They do it very well yeah? Well, I'm sure there are many, many people in Iraq who would take strong exception to that point of view.

Well, the recent polls taken in Iraq haven't exactly been encouraging to the Coalition. The last time I looked at an up-to-date poll the approval rating of the government was something like 5%.

You know, I'm not sure this thread has been real productive. Plus, we already have 2 other Fallujah threads in better shape.

And, I'm back from break and haven't closed a thread in over a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom