Assorted Fallujah quotes - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2004, 06:53 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:51 AM
I wonder if the Guardian happened to notice any insurgents being killed.

Old 11-11-2004, 10:38 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:51 AM
I don't like it that the guy said he wanted to kill "faggots" and such. I'm from the U.S. and I certainly do not think our troops are above criticism. They're a fine bunch of people on the whole, but as we found out earlier this year with the breaking of the torture scandal there are some real bad apples among them. The good ones want to restore water supplies and hospitals, not kill anyone. The ones who actually want to kill are an embarrassment, to say the least.

Old 11-11-2004, 11:25 AM   #18
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
That split second of remorse for a soldier in combat is the difference between life and death - and those guys that wanted to be martyrs and those who did not, well perhaps that doesn't make a difference when they attacked the ambulance.
I think u may have misunderstood what I was saying. When I talk about those who don't want to be martyrs I'm talking about any innocent civilians who are killed, not the insurgents.

And I wasn't talking about that soldier showing remorse in combat, I was talking about him not expressing any semblance of remorse in his letter despite the fact that either he or his comrades may have been responsible, either directly or indirectly, for innocent deaths. While obviously of no consolation to the families of the dead, it would be a step in the right direction and takes far more courage than to talk about how many bad guys he killed.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:47 AM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:51 PM
I do not see anything wrong with a Marine who wants to get out there and do his job. Civilian deaths are a bad thing, what else can one say about that, but to demand that a Marine express remorse for innocent people that he did not cause himself while in the field will probably not happen, these guys are not conditioned to write a letter when they find something disagreeable they are there to get the job done (which is eliminate insurgents and terrorists while not killing civilians) - and they do it very well.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:00 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

No, there is nothing wrong with a Marine who simply wants to get out there and do his job. I was mainly taking exception to the remark about "faggots". If they want to kill someone because they are supporting terrorists or killing people or whatever, that's something else. That's perfectly understandable.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:47 PM   #21
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
I do not see anything wrong with a Marine who wants to get out there and do his job. Civilian deaths are a bad thing, what else can one say about that, but to demand that a Marine express remorse for innocent people that he did not cause himself while in the field will probably not happen, these guys are not conditioned to write a letter when they find something disagreeable they are there to get the job done (which is eliminate insurgents and terrorists while not killing civilians) - and they do it very well.
They do it very well yeah? Well, I'm sure there are many, many people in Iraq who would take strong exception to that point of view.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:26 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Well, the recent polls taken in Iraq haven't exactly been encouraging to the Coalition. The last time I looked at an up-to-date poll the approval rating of the government was something like 5%.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:15 PM   #23
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:51 AM
You know, I'm not sure this thread has been real productive. Plus, we already have 2 other Fallujah threads in better shape.

And, I'm back from break and haven't closed a thread in over a week.

Join Amnesty.