Ask the upcoming college freshman.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
Well, I'm no longer a high school senior, and I like threads centered around me (I have an ego I admit it) so here's this. Any questions for this college bound politico?

Are you gonna do what I did - change majors 3 times and thus end up with 94 hours of everything and its dog and then get tired of it anyway and join the police force and then stay there 7 years and wish you had worked harder and got your degree?

U2democrat, I'm an upcoming college freshman, too. Where are you going to school?

80sU2isBest said:
Are you gonna do what I did - change majors 3 times and thus end up with 94 hours of everything and its dog and then get tired of it anyway and join the police force and then stay there 7 years and wish you had worked harder and got your degree?

doubt it, i'm pretty sure i know what i want to do. :wink:

A_Wanderer said:
What subjects?

What potential for future travel?

Well I will be majoring in Political Science with a minor in Leadership skills because i am in the leadership program.

Because I am in the leadership program i am encouraged to study almost anywhere i please abroad.

Not so much a question as some advice...definitely try to do a study abroad. Since you're wanting to get into politics, it'll really strengthen your resume as well as being a flat-out great experience. One of my housemates is basically a study-abroad junkie and he can't stop raving about it.

I never did a study abroad because I was on scholarship and thought I couldn't afford it, and found out too late that

1.) Your college, particularly if it's a member of AIFS (American Institute for Foreign Studies), will have agreements with other schools, domestically and internationally for tuition reciprocity/exchange; and

2.) There are generally extra scholarships available from places like AIFS, and you can apply government aid towards study abroad costs; and

3.) Student visas are, I think, generally good for work visas for up to 20 hours a week while class is in session and 40 hours a week over holidays (that's what they are for the UK, anyway).

Don't let what you perceive to be lack of funding stop you.

Oh, and best of luck, obviously. :hug: You're a good egg, kiddo!

U2democrat said:
Thanks for that Pax. The leadership program I'm in offers a $1,000 scholarship for people studying abroad, so that helps alot.

And if that's not enough, transfer here! We have one of the best poli sci dept's in the country for schools in our size group. Also, here anyone can do semesters abroad pretty much anywhere in the world and you pay the same tuition to the college you'd pay if you stayed here and then they setup everything else. The only cost fluctuations are spending money and the cost of living arrangements, which in some places I'd imagine are cheaper (I know lots of people go to China, Honduras, Ghana, and other poorer places).

My piece of advice: be open to change. I went in having known for my entire time in high school exactly what I was going to study and what I wanted to do...or so I thought. I've changed majors five times! I'm happy w/ things now, but I've seen people really beat themselves up b/c they don't want to give up on what they thought they were going to do even though it doesn't work out and a better option comes along.

will you promise me to have fun, but make good decisions and always do what you want to do not what others think you should do?

I am very cautious about whom I choose to follow. What skills do you bring to the table that would make me defer to your leadership?

Can I be your vice president when you run for president of the US?

sure, why not!

I am very cautious about whom I choose to follow. What skills do you bring to the table that would make me defer to your leadership?

Compassion, really. I never like to see anyone down, or upset, so I do everything in my power to make that person happy and feel good about theirself.

what was the first u2 song you played after your last day of school?

i don't know myself..... probably.... hmmm............
maybe it will come to me

I think my firs t song was.....

either
A sort of homecoming, or Pride.

Or it might have been night and day
I don't remeber, it was kind of a blur, yet at the same time, kind of bland....... :|

Back
Top Bottom