ask the Southern liberal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
Anyone want to ask a Southern liberal anything? I live in a super-red state. The last time my state went for a Democrat was 1976. Fire away!

Do you find a difference between a southern liberal and, say, a northern one?

From your posts, I would probably consider you a more pure liberal than some southern liberals, whom I would actually more consider moderates. (Kind of like my neck of the woods--coal country Northeastern PA-- where I would be considered a raving liberal as opposed to the left leaning moderate I consider myself.)

Is your family liberal or conservative? If conservative, what influenced you?

Do you prefer Lynyrd Skynyrd or the Allman Brothers?

Do you think there is any politician out there that either Obama or Clinton could choose for their ticket that might swing your state Democratic?

Have you ever run bootleg whiskey?

If Obama is the Dem nominee, who has a better chance of carrying the Hispanic vote in your state? Obama or McCain?

BonosSaint said:
Do you find a difference between a southern liberal and, say, a northern one?

From your posts, I would probably consider you a more pure liberal than some southern liberals, whom I would actually more consider moderates. (Kind of like my neck of the woods--coal country Northeastern PA-- where I would be considered a raving liberal as opposed to the left leaning moderate I consider myself.)

Is your family liberal or conservative? If conservative, what influenced you?

Yeah, I'm pretty much a pure liberal. My whole family is liberal.

INDY500 said:
Do you prefer Lynyrd Skynyrd or the Allman Brothers?

Do you think there is any politician out there that either Obama or Clinton could choose for their ticket that might swing your state Democratic?

Have you ever run bootleg whiskey?

If Obama is the Dem nominee, who has a better chance of carrying the Hispanic vote in your state? Obama or McCain?

The Allman Brothers. I hope Obama picks a Southern running mate. I've never run bootleg whiskey. If Obama is the nominee he has a better chance of carrying the Hispanic vote.

verte76 said:
Anyone want to ask a Southern liberal anything? I live in a super-red state. The last time my state went for a Democrat was 1976. Fire away!

1976 Jimmy Carter

My question:
Do you agree in the increasing intrusive power of the federal government over the States and the lives of the American citizens?

One example is the No Child Left Behind legislation pushed and made into law by President Bush.

Thank you

verte76 said:
I'm for government intervention as long as it's for the welfare of the citizens.

Who should decide what is best for the welfare of the citizens?

Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security.

~Benjamin Franklin

Is it frustrating to be around people with views so radically different from yours? Do you feel like you need to repress your views sometimes because they wouldn't be popular in your community?

phillyfan26 said:
Is it frustrating to be around people with views so radically different from yours? Do you feel like you need to repress your views sometimes because they wouldn't be popular in your community?

Yes. It's frustrating to be in such a conservative place. The local newspaper is very conservative. The governor is a Republican. We don't have a lottery because of the Southern Baptist Convention. All of this really pisses me off!:mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Back
Top Bottom