Ask the Mormon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nbcrusader said:
Well, a follower of Koresh could "know David Koresh was a prophet". The follower could also see Koresh's fruits and dismiss criticism as a failure to understand.

While the belief systems may be different, both can claim to be the "true church" of Christ.

That is fine, if the follower of David Koresh believes that he is a prophet, then he should follow him. I have known in my life that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, and I know that we have a living prophet Gordon B Hinckley. I am not one of those blind followers, I went through much confusion in my life, as I too once had much problems in my life believing that Joseph Smith could be a prophet, and the most troubling was the polygamy for me. But I have a better underdstanding for it, and I know that it has been practiced from many prophets in the bible, and if God commands it, you must obey.I have asked God if these things are true, and I have had a confimation that they are true, actually I have doubted many times in my life in my youth, but I have had many confimations of the truthfullness of the gospel.I cant even explain some of the experiences I have had, but there is no way of hiding it, they were so real and so powerful, that I cant even express them with words, and I know it was of God because you know, your heart is full of love and happiness and joy that you have never felt before, and I know that when I found out that these things were true I wanted to go and tell everyone, that I knew these things were true. Its so hard for me to express my feelings about these things, but I just wanted to kind of give you a feeling of where, and what I come from. I respect your opinons and your beliefs, and hope the best for all of you.

If you're comfortable with the whole polygamy thing, can you explain why Joseph Smith was still preaching against polygamy in October 1843 after he got his revelation in July 1843 commanding the practice of polygamy? (Doc. & Cov. 132; and History of the Church Vol. 6, page 46, or Teachings of the Prophet, page 324).

coemgen said:
If you're comfortable with the whole polygamy thing, can you explain why Joseph Smith was still preaching against polygamy in October 1843 after he got his revelation in July 1843 commanding the practice of polygamy? (Doc. & Cov. 132; and History of the Church Vol. 6, page 46, or Teachings of the Prophet, page 324).

your restless coemgen-lol !! I will get back with you on that maybe today or tommorrow, Im at work on break, so I dont have anytime!

Man; looks like I missed all the action on this thread....however as a pracitcing member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints ("Mormons"), I welcome questions...if nothing else to clear up rumors.

Can you believe that throughout my life I have been told people in my religion can't:

-Wear Zippers
-Drink Milk
-Snowboard

All of this was news to me! :)

Welcome Zoocoustic. Please field some questions. We've been working overtime here.

Zoocoustic said:
Man; looks like I missed all the action on this thread....however as a pracitcing member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints ("Mormons"), I welcome questions...if nothing else to clear up rumors.

Can you believe that throughout my life I have been told people in my religion can't:

-Wear Zippers
-Drink Milk
-Snowboard

All of this was news to me! :)
:hmm:

always knew there was something kinda cool about you mate.

db9

I recently refound my faith.

Born LDS and having left it for a long while I got reconnected over the past few years.

For me, it has the clearest ring of truth, has the most answers to life's most complicated questions, and I love what it offers mankind.

dbs

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom