Ask the Melon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dude you stole my thread idea!!!!!!

Is there anything such as too much sex?

diamond said:
did u miss me during your hiatus?

db9

You were active in other parts of the forum, so I didn't have to miss you.

(BTW, congratulations on the engagement.)

Melon

Dreadsox said:
Is there anything such as too much sex?

Too much sex affects your hormone balance. In a hormonal tug of war, testosterone and the stress hormone, cortisol, are affected by each other's levels. Higher levels of testosterone mean lower cortisol and vice versa. With each orgasm, testosterone is released and cortisol takes its place. If you overdo it, you'll likely have persistent low levels of testosterone and high levels of cortisol. Cortisol, in turn, suppresses the immune system and can negatively affect digestion.

As with all things, moderation is the key.

Melon

melon said:

Too much sex affects your hormone balance. In a hormonal tug of war, testosterone and the stress hormone, cortisol, are affected by each other's levels. Higher levels of testosterone mean lower cortisol and vice versa. With each orgasm, testosterone is released and cortisol takes its place. If you overdo it, you'll likely have persistent low levels of testosterone and high levels of cortisol. Cortisol, in turn, suppresses the immune system and can negatively affect digestion.

Melon

Any chance it is causing my headaches? HEHE!!!!

coemgen said:
Why a melon?

Some ask "why." I ask "why not?"

My initial choice for a username, in 2000, was "Lemon." With that name taken, I recycled through about a dozen more taken names, until I stumbled upon this one being free.

A few months later, I created a story that it was to reflect my more "cerebral nature" (as "melon" can be a synonym for "head/brain").

Overall, it turned out to be a nice coincidence, but the first story is the true one.

Melon

nbcrusader said:
Which position would you prefer: film maker or elected official?

If forced to choose, filmmaker. The media has the true power over public opinion.

But considering all the minimum age limit laws, nothing says I can't do both. Famous actors do it all the time, it seems.

Melon

Dreadsox said:
Any chance it is causing my headaches? HEHE!!!!

Yes, actually. It burns off serotonin, which, in turn, can cause headaches/migraines, if depleted. :wink:

Melon

Do you think if I started a thread titled "Ask the heathen" the mods would tell us all to cut out all the horseplay?

indra said:
Do you think if I started a thread titled "Ask the heathen" the mods would tell us all to cut out all the horseplay?

Probably. This thread already screams "prog rock excess."

Melon

Maybe "Ask the Atheist" would sound nicer.

:wink:

Actually, in all seriousness, I kind of like this format. I think people are more respectful when they have the chance to more closely associate opposing beliefs with people they already know, trust, like, and care about.

melon said:

Melon

so... that's why people makes jokes about guys with acne???

and.. is that true that guys can go bald if they have too much sex?? - cuz my bf doesn't have much hair and i don't want him to get bald LOL...

and.. how do you know that??

Last edited:
Muggsy said:
so... that's why people makes jokes about guys with acne???

Adult acne is a result of DHT (dihydrotestosterone), which is produced in higher levels if you're oversexed. When you're going through puberty, DHT is helpful. When you're old, DHT is a pain the ass. The natural supplement, saw palmetto, is a good DHT inhibitor and promotes free testosterone.

and.. is that true that guys can go bald if they have too much sex?? - cuz my bf doesn't have much hair and i don't want him to get bald LOL...

That kind of baldness is also related to DHT. A friend of mine with DHT-related baldness saw his thinning hair grow back within a month of taking saw palmetto. I was surprised myself, honestly.

and.. how do you know that??

Even I don't know how I remember this stuff. Let's say I've just been a naturally curious person for most of my life, and I rarely forget things.

Melon

Last edited:
An apartment building has 200 apartments. If the rent is $300 per month, the rental agent is able to rent all 200 apartments. However, the owner knows from past experience that, for each additional $25 increase in monthly rent, 2 additional apartments will become vacant. The rental agent receives a bonus when the building is fully ocupied and is urging that the rent remain at $300 per month.

How much would advive the owner to charge for rent? :hmm:

Is it all in the details? Or was Van Der Rohe an extreme opium fanatic?

What should I ask the Melon?

Questions, questions.

How about, will you be updating your blog regularly and/or letting people know it exists?

(I realise I shouldn't ask a question like this, but, oh well.)

Back
Top Bottom