Ask the Melon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MrsSpringsteen said:
What's GWB's IQ?

I've thought about this issue here and there over the years. Is Dubya smarter than he looks? From what I've heard anecdotally, he really isn't smart. He's just manipulative and knows how to use his father's status to the limit.

Of course, I also think his lack of intellect is also his appeal. As the Democrats were cowering away in fear of Bill Clinton, the man left a "scandal-filled" presidency with a 60-70% approval rating. I think the American public is more interested in relating to a president, rather than having a smarter president. Like it or not, Clinton and Bush II seem to "appeal."

Will the Red Sox ever win the World Series again?

The odds of "ever" are in their favor.

Where is Dick Cheney's secret bunker ? you know, the one he went to on Sept 11th

Probably on a nearby military base. I don't think he would necessarily inconvenience himself by heading to the middle of nowhere.

Melon

deep said:
What word is always pronounced wrong?

I would assume that if we know it's pronounced wrong, then at least someone pronounces it correctly. Hence, there is no word "always" pronounced wrong.

But if you know any words that are commonly mispronounced, I'd be interested in reading them.

Melon

Souly said:
I am telling a lie.

Was the above statement true or false?

I answer questions. I'm not Sylvia Browne.

But the above statement is neither. I don't know what you're claiming to be true or false, and merely stating that you're telling a lie indicates nothing.

Melon

Melon,
Do you realize that if ever decided to convert to Mormonism that some would consider you a "Mormon Melon"?:sexywink:

db9:wink:

Anthony said:
Who 'really' shot JFK?

Having to hypothesize alone, I would say that Lee Harvey Oswald was hired by the mafia. Jack Ruby then killed him to prevent him from talking.

Organized crime was quite powerful in the early 1960s. Jimmy Hoffa surely knows that.

Melon

diamond said:
Melon,
Do you realize that if ever decided to convert to Mormonism that some would consider you a "Mormon Melon"?

Considering my unconventional approach to religion, I think I'd be excommunicated faster than I could convert.

Melon

melon said:

I wrote an article in my blog yesterday. I haven't forgotten about it!

And it's difficult to advertise my blog when there are so few opportunities to do so. I've been trying to create a dynamic signature image reflecting the latest entries in my blog, so people can see and click on them directly. But that has turned out to be a bit of a pain in the ass.

Melon

I know I shouldn't really be talking advertising on a forum, but you could just rig up an attractive banner that makes clear you HAVE a blog now. And link to just it and not all three xeidons.

nbcrusader said:
Will you attend a show on the Vertigo tour? Have you attended at U2 concert before?

I don't know about that first question. I might be going to South Korea for at least a year now. I'm equally nervous and excited right now, because I get a chance for a new adventure (and I've always wanted to learn an Asian language. I hope to learn Korean, Japanese, and Mandarin Chinese before I die).

This is what I get for being unemployed for so long, despite having an education. I hope Presidents Reagan, Clinton, and both Bushs someday realize the long term damage they've done to our economy, in favor of deregulation, tax cuts, and quarterly corporate profits; and I'm not even talking about deficits. The same ease in which corporations in North went to the South for cheap labor in the 1980s will be the same ease in which they flee to Asia when China et al. strengthen their economies. We will then be to Asia what Europe is to the U.S. now: an expensive "old world" with persistent double-digit unemployment.

If we think that American education levels are going to prevent us from being disposed of, think again. South Korea has the largest number of Ph.Ds, per capita; and Japan has long reigned in electronic advancements. Additionally, while about half of Americans are still dealing with dial-up modems and broadband is still, on average, about 1-3 Mbps, South Korea leads with an average of 20 Mbps and the government is currently working on boosting that to 100 Mbps. They have the education potential and the infrastructure.

Sure, the U.S. might have invented the internet, cars, VHS, etc. and Japan just ran with it, but that's old news. Look at the cameras and recording standards that they've developed *now.* They've also been ahead of the game with hybrid vehicles and Germany has generally been the pioneer in fuel-cell technology. We can't rely on our past accomplishments forever.

What is the U.S. inventing anymore? What happened to our sense of adventure? Is it all about short-term corporate profits now? Because that'll bite us in the ass eventually. At this point, it's not a matter of "if." It's a matter of "when." I hope that, someday, we get leadership willing to wake up to this fact, and stop obsessing over "marriage amendments."

But I really digress. What a rant I've developed here!

I attended the Detroit show of PopMart (which blew me away beyond my wildest expectations). For Elevation, I went to Columbus and Chicago. It was fun, but didn't blow me away like PopMart did.

Melon

Last edited:
Muggsy said:
who the fuck is Sylvia Browne???

Haha...she's a regular psychic on "Montel," a daytime talk show here. I see you're from Columbia, so I guess you're forgiven for not knowing about her. Here's her official site:

http://www.sylvia.org/

Melon

sulawesigirl4 said:
Do you miss me?

I don't have to miss you. The beauty of the internet is that you can be in Minnesota or Mali, and it makes no difference. You're always right here.

Melon

Doozer61 said:
How shy are you?

I vacillate. I get genuinely frustrated with truly shy people, because then I generally find myself talking too much. But, according to outgoing people, I'm probably a bit shy.

Overall, when I get to know someone well enough to be able to joke around with them, then I'm outgoing.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom