Ask the lesbian

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let me reiterate:

I was wondering if lesbians, gays, bi's have a stonger sex drive because news journalist tend to use this as a mark against the gay community. They report that gays are more promiscuous.

I figure that people in general tend to have a strong sex drive due to primal instinct and that the press tends to blow things out of proportion.

Last edited:
i think that the media tends to over exaggerate because homosexuality automatically equals sex. all that they talk about is the sex, not the relationship behind it. so, therefore, we are hornier because its all about the sex.

for myself, what is normal for me, may be too much or too less for you. i mean is it 2-3 times a week, is it more or less. i guess it just depends on the relationship and i tend to think our sexual relationships are very similar to hetero relationships in that aspect. it depends on the two partners involved.

as far as promiscuity, the media likes that hype. just like the news coverage when there are gay pride parades. they tend to show the drag queens and not the average looking couples so they can exploit the outrageousness of it.

Doozer61 said:
:D

how old are you? how many relationships have you had? and how was your coming out?

30, 4 real girlfriends(all lasted at least a year), my coming out was pretty good for the most part.

I came out after high school. My mother said she knew, my father was a little more reluctant but is really cool about it now. My sister was hurt at first but is now a gay and lesbian activist. Now my fam is big and very close and there are a few aunts and uncles that still don't know because of highly religious beliefs.:(

But the hardest was I lost one of my best friends. A girl I knew since 4th grade. She was too icked out about it to remain my friend. That was the hardest part about it. I saw her at my 10 year high school reunion and she still couldn't talk to me.:( :( :(

it is hard. i also have a friend that i was close to in high school and she had a problem with it. i think about her sometimes and wonder how she is. it has been almost 18 years since we have spoken.

I have to wonder what kind of friend would do that. I don't want to judge people I don't know, but just for me it's not right.

I'd say you don't need friends like that, but it must hurt so much. People turn their backs on friends all the time, but those particular instances must be so painful for both of you.

I just wanted to clarify that it no way would I ever defend them refusing to speak to you, I just don't want to say anything nasty about your former friends. I hope you know what I mean.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom