Ask the lesbian - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-12-2005, 06:16 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
trevster2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,330
Local Time: 05:25 PM
Do you want to get married or does it not matter to you?

If you do, Canada welcomes you and your partner.
__________________

__________________
trevster2k is offline  
Old 03-12-2005, 07:47 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
hiphop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the jungle
Posts: 7,410
Local Time: 10:55 PM
If a girl who was bisexual and who you love wants to make out with you and a man, would you say yes? If yes, would he be allowed only to watch or more?

Has being a lesbian any influence on if you ´re feminist or not? I find that many lesbians are interested in women´s topics, does that apply to you as well?
__________________

__________________
hiphop is offline  
Old 03-12-2005, 09:39 PM   #18
War Child
 
Do Miss America's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In Ryan's Pocket
Posts: 738
Local Time: 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by trevster2k
Do you want to get married or does it not matter to you?

If you do, Canada welcomes you and your partner.
Absolutely, but I don't feel like I should move to do so.

The conservatives will someday be overuled, and I'll be able to marry here. Just like segregation was destroyed so will this ban.
__________________
Do Miss America is offline  
Old 03-12-2005, 09:49 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 06:55 AM
Why should gay marriage be a right?

What function does it serve, should homosexuals be entitled to the same benefits as heterosexual couples?
__________________
A_Wanderer is offline  
Old 03-12-2005, 09:53 PM   #20
War Child
 
Do Miss America's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In Ryan's Pocket
Posts: 738
Local Time: 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars
If a girl who was bisexual and who you love wants to make out with you and a man, would you say yes? If yes, would he be allowed only to watch or more?
No offense but this is the type of thing I've had to deal with ever since I came out. Guys always asking me to make out with a girl so they can watch. Typical male fantasy. Ironically those same guys are usually homophobes and don't want us to have the same rights.

I'm not saying you are like this.

To answer your question. No. I don't know any true bi-sexuals. Personally I couldn't date one, I couldn't deal with the "sharing".


Quote:
Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars

Has being a lesbian any influence on if you ´re feminist or not? I find that many lesbians are interested in women´s topics, does that apply to you as well?
I think being a woman has made me a feminist. I don't know if being a lesbian has any effect on that, for I don't know any differently. Now by no means am I one of those hardcore feminist that get pissed off when someone holds the door for me or something like that. I know women like that and I find them unbearable. But I don't understand women that sit back and are ok with not being equal to men. One of my dearest friends belongs to a church where women aren't allowed to play any role in the church except cook and it just infuriates me.
__________________
Do Miss America is offline  
Old 03-12-2005, 09:55 PM   #21
War Child
 
Do Miss America's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In Ryan's Pocket
Posts: 738
Local Time: 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
Why should gay marriage be a right?
I think the better question is why shouldn't it?


Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer

What function does it serve, should homosexuals be entitled to the same benefits as heterosexual couples?
Absolutely we should have the same rights. Any free country that allows and accepts having 2nd class citizens, is not a true free country.
__________________
Do Miss America is offline  
Old 03-12-2005, 10:09 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Macfistowannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,129
Local Time: 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Do Miss America


Is that the girl from E?
Yep.

__________________
Macfistowannabe is offline  
Old 03-13-2005, 08:54 AM   #23
War Child
 
Do Miss America's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In Ryan's Pocket
Posts: 738
Local Time: 02:55 PM
Yeah I guess she's fine.
__________________
Do Miss America is offline  
Old 03-13-2005, 10:03 AM   #24
Blue Crack Addict
 
Laura M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 18,932
Local Time: 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Do Miss America



My parents were actually really great about it, I was lucky. My mom wants to be a grandmother, and that's hard on her, but other than that they've been very loving and supportive.

Woud you consider adopting a child in the future? Do you think society needs to be more educated about the gay community and, therefore, people would be more open to the idea of gay marriage? Do you feel in anyway inferior in certain situatons (such as in school, the workplace etc) because of your sexuality? What do you think can be done to combat homophobia? Do you or would you, ever consider campaigning for gay marriage, gay rights etc.

Doozer can answer too, if she wants
__________________
Laura M is offline  
Old 03-13-2005, 10:35 AM   #25
Refugee
 
all_i_want's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,180
Local Time: 11:55 PM
is it true that lesbians are actually after men, but since men always want what they cant have, women become lesbians and revel in their unattainability? and then they find out that men are actually scumbags and they dont really need them?


another one, why do lesbians contribute to the new ideology of evil and why are they trying to destroy us, men, and our simple pleasures by effectively gaying up women?

please explain




and for the girl from E whatever that is
__________________
all_i_want is offline  
Old 03-13-2005, 11:42 AM   #26
War Child
 
Do Miss America's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In Ryan's Pocket
Posts: 738
Local Time: 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lara Mullen

Woud you consider adopting a child in the future?
I'm all for homosexual couples adopting children. I have some friends who've been together for 10 years they have a little boy. They're excellent parents, and they find it very important to have positive male figures in his life as well, so the grandfather and uncle play big roles in the boy's life.

Personally I have no desire to have kids, things may change in the future but we'll see.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lara Mullen

Do you think society needs to be more educated about the gay community and, therefore, people would be more open to the idea of gay marriage?
Absolutely. I think both homosexuals and heterosexuals alike should play a part in this.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lara Mullen

Do you feel in anyway inferior in certain situatons (such as in school, the workplace etc) because of your sexuality?
I don't know about inferior but there have been plenty of times where I've been made to feel abnormal. I worked at a place after college where I was asked not to bring my girlfriend to the Christmas party. So yeah I've had several situations like that.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lara Mullen

What do you think can be done to combat homophobia? Do you or would you, ever consider campaigning for gay marriage, gay rights etc.
Education is definately the key to combat ignorance. But the problem is religion fuels so much of homophobia. Religion is a funny thing, some people refuse to believe dinosaurs existed because of their interpretations of scripture. It's going to take a combination of leaders from the church, education, and a small effort from the gay community.
__________________
Do Miss America is offline  
Old 03-13-2005, 11:47 AM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Macfistowannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,129
Local Time: 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by all_i_want
and for the girl from E whatever that is


Brooke Burke is her name.
__________________
Macfistowannabe is offline  
Old 03-13-2005, 11:48 AM   #28
War Child
 
Do Miss America's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In Ryan's Pocket
Posts: 738
Local Time: 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by all_i_want
is it true that lesbians are actually after men, but since men always want what they cant have, women become lesbians and revel in their unattainability? and then they find out that men are actually scumbags and they dont really need them?
Something like that, but I can't really reveal the whole secret.

Quote:
Originally posted by all_i_want

another one, why do lesbians contribute to the new ideology of evil and why are they trying to destroy us, men, and our simple pleasures by effectively gaying up women?

please explain
Honey you don't need us to destroy you, you all do a pretty good job yourselves.

Actually some of my best friends are straight men.
__________________
Do Miss America is offline  
Old 03-13-2005, 12:47 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict
 
Laura M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 18,932
Local Time: 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Do Miss America


Education is definately the key to combat ignorance. But the problem is religion fuels so much of homophobia. Religion is a funny thing, some people refuse to believe dinosaurs existed because of their interpretations of scripture. It's going to take a combination of leaders from the church, education, and a small effort from the gay community.
I would totally agree with this. For 2 years my gay friend has marched in the gay pride paradae here and took my Mum & I along with him. At the end of the parade, which is at our city hall, there was always a oncgregation from the church preaching which I thought was really awful. It really put a dampner on things as sometimes there was a bit of conflict.

I have one more question actually, there isn't very many places here that cater for the gay community, we only have 2 gay clubs and a bar. I have some gay and lesbian friends so I would sometimes go out with them to these places. One of my friends is really really eager that gay people should be treated equally in clubs and bars. When we go to a straight bar he does not mind being open with his boyfriend, because of the places we go to this has never been an issue with people but some people may look, nothing has ever been said. However, when we go to a gay bar I am not allowed to show any signs of affection with a male I may bring with me, not even allowed to hold hands and sometimes I feel the people there don't want straight people in their club. This makes me appreciate how my friend may feel in certain bars when he is out but I think the attitude that is displayed in the gay clubs is exactly the treatment that gay people don't want. My friend always said I was being paranoid until a boy threatened to hit me one week when I accidentally tripped and fell into his friend who spilled a drink over this boy and complained about me not going to a girly straight bar later in the evening to someone I was with. Does this happen in America? Do you think that in order for a gay community to get more recognition they also have to be aware of straight folk who may want to support their gay friends/ family and welcome them?
__________________
Laura M is offline  
Old 03-13-2005, 01:59 PM   #30
War Child
 
Do Miss America's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In Ryan's Pocket
Posts: 738
Local Time: 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lara Mullen

Does this happen in America? Do you think that in order for a gay community to get more recognition they also have to be aware of straight folk who may want to support their gay friends/ family and welcome them?
I haven't witnessed it. I've brought many straight couples with me to clubs and they've never had problems.

I'm sorry to hear that, and this is one of the problem's we have facing us. We're under a microscope. Straight people don't get judged by what straight people do. In many eyes we aren't white, black, Catholic, Jewish etc we're homosexual, and we get judged the actions of a few. It's sad and it furiates me. There are so many different walks of life who are homosexual, yet we're all lumped into one.
__________________

__________________
Do Miss America is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com