Ask the KIABGOA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

indra

ONE love, blood, life
That would be me. :D

I usually don't like to jump on the bandwagon (I'm always scared that when trying to jump on said bandwagon, I will slip, fall underneath and be crushed), but what the hell.

If you can think of anything to ask, I'll try to think of an answer. :wink:

haha. now that i've googled KIABGOA.

are you a painter yourself or do you run a gallery? i know you work with art, but what is it that you actually do?

I'm a glass artisan...mostly stained glass and now getting into fusing glass. I'm part of an arts cooperative (about 20 members) that runs a small gallery (mostly with our work, but we also have some shows from other artists), and holds two art shows/fairs yearly. I've also just started working as an art rep for a painter I know... pretty much taking care of the whole business side of his painting -- setting up his paintings for prints, setting up and running his art website (just getting that going), handling most direct sales, and dealing with galleries. We're really just getting started with this, but it should be interesting. :)

You actually found KIABGOA through Google? :ohmy: :huh:

neutral said:

It brings up a rather interesting forum thread. :D

Are you a glassblower?! :drool: I so wanted to get into that but my school cut the program before I could take any classes. :angry:

Any pics of your work we could see? :)

Yeah...I can be opinionated. Actually the threads I got (in a search) weren't half bad, considering... :)

Not a glassblower...I'd have to work too hard (it is gorgeous though, and I'm always jealous of the people who can make such lovely stuff). I do the cut and foil type of stained glass...panels, little suncatches, some windows and the like.

You can check out my site to see some of my older work, but I haven't updated the site in years (and am thinking about killing it the site soon). But there are a few decent things up there.

verte76 said:
How did you get into Celtic design?

Always enjoyed the style, so when I got into glass it was kind of a natural. And listening to Irish music also was an influence.

Back
Top Bottom