Ask the Homo - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2005, 08:23 AM   #286
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
my number one quality that i look for in all people is basic kindness, followed by intelligence -- but an intelligence that finds the world interesting and wants to always learn, to do more, to see more, to live more, to experience more. i'm also a big fan of simple politeness and good manners, general common decency.

after that, i like men who are handy, who are better with the little practicalities of life -- like, you know, balancing a check book -- than i am. in a relationship, i'd rather be the weird one, so i suppose i'm attracted to stability. i also enjoy a keen sense of irony, of viewing the world as an observer and being able to understand it from a slightly detached viewpoint -- that makes everything funnier. and laughter is super important.
wow, that pretty much sums up what i've been looking for too. good thing we don't live in the same city--we'd be fighting over the same men. not that there are many out there...

irvine, you seem like a wonderful person, and i hope you find what you're looking for.

anderson cooper

figures.

Old 05-24-2005, 08:36 AM   #287
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:07 AM
Irvine is the best that was such a nice answer and just what I expected from "knowing" him here

I don't understand why someone as sweet, smart, and friendly as dandy seems to be doesn't have men falling at her feet. I guess they're just intimidated.

Old 05-24-2005, 08:48 AM   #288
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
Irvine is the best that was such a nice answer and just what I expected from "knowing" him here

I don't understand why someone as sweet, smart, and friendly as dandy seems to be doesn't have men falling at her feet. I guess they're just intimidated.

thanks, MrsS. you, me and irvine combined!

and yes, i intimidate the heck outta the boys. ah well, i guess i have my own built in screening process.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:51 AM   #289
Blue Crack Addict

Maybe Irvine could be our matchmaker

I still don't think it's too late for me to become a nun...
Old 05-24-2005, 09:59 AM   #290
War Child

Quote:

i have very mixed feelings.

it's compelling melodrama, and it's also rather dark, there's more than a touch of nihilism in the show. it's really addictive, and there's loads of eye candy, so from that standpoint, great TV.

i also don't like how it recycles and reinforces stereotypes, and it also sets up a kind of expectation for gay men to always be at the bars and clubs and to have the kind of sex life that Brian enjoys. but that's what TV does to all people ... it's about as true to gay life as The Sopranos is to Italian life, which is to say that it offers an amped up drama that is, of course, rooted in reality but is hardly reflective of the diversity of gay life and experience.

i don't think anyone would want to watch a show about the gay university professor in Berkeley or the middle aged couple in Seattle who garden on the weekends.
I understand what you are saying.QAF would give anti-gay peeps alot of ammunation!but then again they dont need much to act like fools.

Your right about stereotypes,and its what tv does to people.Perfect people with perfect lives having perfect sex.

I have to admit I first starting watching QAF for the very hot sex,but I became a fan because I came to love the characters.Iam not into soaps or shows like Desperate Housewives etc... but love my QAF

Well I'd watch a show like you described,but thats me...

Besides Brian is a hottie beyond hot LOL
Old 05-24-2005, 10:22 AM   #291
War Child

Quote:

there are people who are "out" but not famously out, and they sometimes surprise me (like the lead singer for Husker Du, for example).

those in the closet? hmmmm ... it's less that these people are exclusively gay but have had semi-famous gay encounters at some point. but then there are some who are totally gay, and just not out.

all these are *rumors* ... i cannot be sued!

Tom Cruise (duh)
Julia Stiles
Anderson Cooper
Kevin Spacey
Scot McClelland
James Dean
Anthony Hopkins
Jennifer Aniston
Sean Hayes (we all know, but he's never admitted it)
Nicole Kidman
Tobey McGuire
Russel Crowe (my ex swears he knew a flight attendent who had sex w/Crowe in the bathroom of a Quantas airplane)

when i think of more, i'll post them
LOL about the sued bit.

Russel Crowe ~~~I know alot of people coudnt or wouldnt see it,but I can see him being gay...just a feeling.

Kevin Spacey~~~Definity.He is one of my fave actors,and I love to hear him sing

Tom Cruise~~~I dont like him gay or straight.I think that he did Nicole very wrong

Thanks~~~waiting for more then LOL.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:24 AM   #292
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by LadyRhia
Russel Crowe ~~~I know alot of people coudnt or wouldnt see it,but I can see him being gay...just a feeling.

while he's reportedly a contemptible human being, he is so fucking sexy i can hardly stand it.

the combination of eyes, hair, build, and that voice -- it's so riveting, i could listen to him read the phone book.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:59 AM   #293
War Child

Quote:

while he's reportedly a contemptible human being, he is so fucking sexy i can hardly stand it.

the combination of eyes, hair, build, and that voice -- it's so riveting, i could listen to him read the phone book.

Yes I agree with you but move aside hon,Iam not in the mind to share! hehehehe

JK I have the BMan and Larry to keep me busy
Old 05-24-2005, 12:21 PM   #294
She's the One

Local Time: 08:07 AM
Quote:
he is so fucking sexy i can hardly stand it.

Which is why I enjoyed Gladiator so very much.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:27 PM   #295
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by martha

Which is why I enjoyed Gladiator so very much.

movie producers take note: tapping into that crucial gay crossover market often means big box office and academy awards.

i thought the movie was hot.

Old 05-24-2005, 01:30 PM   #296
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:07 PM
ah i watched gladiator on sunday. delicious movie
Old 05-24-2005, 01:32 PM   #297
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:07 AM
Russell is hot.

I like him better thinking he might be gay. If he's straight, he's probably a macho jerk. But if he's gay, then maybe the macho jerk thing is just overcompensating for being in the closet.

But but but as for Tom, of course he can't be gay. He just told Oprah he's in love for the very first time and we all know who she is.
Old 05-24-2005, 02:02 PM   #298
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl
But but but as for Tom, of course he can't be gay. He just told Oprah he's in love for the very first time and we all know who she is.

biggest, most cynical PR stunt in years.

as Bill Mahr said, "dating a self-proclaimed 26 year old virgin isn't the best way to calm all those gay rumors."

i've also heard that War of the Worlds was shot *very* quickly, and at a near Titanic-sized budget, so it MUST be a hit.

yes, Steven Spielberg, arguably the best living director and easily the most successful director ever, helps, as does the world's biggest movie star, but Minority Report didnt' make all that much cash (though i thought it was great), and this one needs to do big money to even break even.

and Joey Potter has that Batman movie to promote with the equally delicious Christian Bale.
Old 05-24-2005, 02:18 PM   #299
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

as Bill Mahr said, "dating a self-proclaimed 26 year old virgin isn't the best way to calm all those gay rumors."
I saw that.
Old 05-24-2005, 02:29 PM   #300
Blue Crack Addict

Why doesn't Bruce Springsteen have a bigger gay following? All my gay male friends are unimpressed, even annoyed, by him, and the audience at the show I just saw was so white and straight it was unbelievable. Of course it was also white, straight Denver. I take it back, I have one gay friend who likes Springsteen but he is an anomaly in every way. I guess it's the whole blue collar working man thing but, geez, he's also hot, especially today.