Ask the hiphop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Macfistowannabe said:
So you're a DJ

Ever used Acoustica?

Free Download - www.acoustica.com

I'm mixing a crazy U2 live compilation with it, it's also quite compatible with hip hop music, or any genre for that matter. I'll brag even more about it once I finish my compilation.

I like to DJ, but I´m not as much in the club scene as some years ago when I DJed to make a living.

No, I haven´t heard of acoustica. At the moment I work on Cubase. I´ll check it out, thanks!

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

I like to DJ, but I´m not as much in the club scene as some years ago when I DJed to make a living.

No, I haven´t heard of acoustica. At the moment I work on Cubase. I´ll check it out, thanks!

totally unrelated and off topic: best. screen name. ever. :D

House developed much earlier than DnB. In fact, House started in the 70ies with genres like Chicago House.

The difference between House and DnB is in the structure of the beat. While you got a straight 4/4 House Beat with the kickdrum pumping through straight (Kick on 1/8 and 5/8, HiHat on 3/8 and 7/8), DnB offers more complicated beats.

DnB appeared around 1993/94, in different styles i.e. Intelligent DnB with artists like Goldie (famous first CD Timeless). Generally, DnB beats nowadays often have a two Step Pattern (Kick on 1/8 and 6/8, Snare on 3/8 and 7/8 beat of the 8/8 bar). Additionally, DnB has some Ghost Notes to vary the beat. Variation is important here, whereas a HouseBeat can stay the same through all the song. A medium DnB speed is 170 bpm.

I don´t know any definition for Trance per se. Imo Trance is a subgenre of House music.

Back
Top Bottom