ask the guy who doesn't frequent fym

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
Well, I've subscribed to this thread so I can remember to come back!

Anyway, I'm 17 this year. I am 100% Japanese but I do not speak the language as I have lived almost all my life in Singapore. Currently, I am taking literature, economics, history and theatre studies for my A-level exams next year. I love music and I guess the forum I frequent the most is Bang and Clatter.

Ask away!

:)

Ok, I'll ask a real question. What do you plan to do after you've finished school?

joyfulgirl: singapore education system. highly competitive to an almost disgusting degree.

i have no idea what i wish to do after i finish school. i'm very unsure about doing national service (which is compulsory for me) although i think i can get out of it by dropping my permanent resident status. this, however, may be dependent on things like whether i'm applying for scholarships. right now i'm thinking of majoring in history and then going on to teach that subject.

u2democrat: to a small extent. right now being 18 will get you into 18+ movies (introduced last year in a refinement of the film classification system), allow you to buy cigarettes and alcohol, and, if you're female, enter clubs. 18 is also the national service requirement age. but to be honest, no one really makes too much fuss about it.

how are you going to respond to these questions while not frequenting fym?

also, what direction would you like to see singapore and, more broadly, asia, take in terms of global trade integration vs regional trade integration?

What do you think of Michael Fay?

(I know it was about 11 years ago, but as far as Singapore, that always crosses my mind)

you said that turning 18 means you can enter clubs if you are female...is that rule different for males?

kobayashi: i'm hoping it acts as a springboard.

i'd like to answer your second question but i'm not that sophisticated in economics yet, so i'll pass.

macfistowannabe: i think fay deserved it.

lovetown: yes. you must be 21 if you're male to enter a club.

yertle - I did theatre studies a level :D

I am sure you will enjoy learning about Brecht and Stanislavsky as much as I did....:laugh:

although I can't have really hated it, as I ended up writing my dissertation about the ifluence of brecht on contemporary british theatre for my media production degree :up:

wow yertle that is very interesting that males have to be older than the females to enter clubs. I find other cultures so wonderful and interesting. Thanks for sharing with us :)

Back
Top Bottom