Ask the FYM Mod

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not sure if this was asked directly, but what have been your favorite threads over the years? Threads where you personally participated or threads where you enjoyed reading the exchange of ideas?

nbcrusader said:
I'm not sure if this was asked directly, but what have been your favorite threads over the years? Threads where you personally participated or threads where you enjoyed reading the exchange of ideas?

Awesome question! I really enjoyed ALL the "Ask the..." threads; yours, Melon's, and Irvine's were especially enjoyable for me, but they were all memorable and constructive for me. I did a thread a couple of years ago, which was I think called "The Right to Life" or something, that got some REALLY good responses; it was one of the better threads (not that it was because it was MY thread; the responses of others made it great) about abortion, education, child care, and a lot of other issues.

As much as it was difficult to referee, I thought the discussion over what the fate of the Iraq memorial threads should be was one of the most important and valuable debates FYM ever saw.

I've enjoyed being a (very small) part of the Bono's Angels campaign, and I really love how committed people like Sherry Darling and BostonAnne are to the causes. I try to take action when I see them post an update on "Angels" work. :up:

And I enjoy every thread in which we can kick back and have a few laughs, regardless of our wildly varying political positions.

That's a good thread at least the first page, and my, you've been here a while.

I hope nobody has asked this yet, but how did you become a mod?

Macfistowannabe said:
That's a good thread at least the first page, and my, you've been here a while.

I hope nobody has asked this yet, but how did you become a mod?

I've been here even longer than I've been a mod! :lmao: I'll be celebrating four beautiful years this November.

I had some previous moderating experience, and in the summer of 2002, Sicy and Elvis were looking for new mods. I offered to do it because they REALLY needed a Free Your Mind mod and I had been posting here a lot anyway. I also started modding IAMJ (It's a Musical Journey) because I like interpreting lyrics and stuff.

Maybe about a year later, I started moderating Bang and Clatter because I was running one of the CD exchanges and I wanted to have mod privileges there.

Finally, I became a "super mod" last year because the team was SO busy, and they needed more eyes on EYKIW and the album forum and such. So now I have mod privileges in every subforum (not, I admit, that I tend to use them all--I moderate FYM, LS/B&C, EYKIW, IO, and the Tour forums the most).

You seem to to a great job, especially on here. It's not often that anyone catches you off guard.

Macfistowannabe said:
You seem to to a great job, especially on here. It's not often that anyone catches you off guard.

Thanks for saying so! :) Like I've said in this thread, I know I (and all of us as mods) make occasional mistakes and missteps, and sometimes it's a tough job, which is why the compliments we get mean so much to us. I've gotten PMs from people (and, I have to say, especially FYM people!) from time to time saying things like, "Thanks for your work, you're doing a nice job" or similar. That means the world.

Back
Top Bottom