Ask the FYM Lurker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Yes, I'm jumping on the 'Ask the ...' bandwagon. Feel excited.

Background: I lurk on this forum daily.

I come in peace from the outside world. What questions do you have?

paxetaurora said:
Why don't you post more?

Not even I know the answer to that mystery, as I'm a born debater.

Maybe you people are just too unusual to associate with. :wink:

(Wait, if that were true, what am I doing here in the first place?)

sharky said:
who do you think is the most opinionated person here?

All of you. :wink:

The most opinionated are those who are so aggressive with their opinions that they become trolls and flamers and are thus banned.

and who do you agree with?

I wouldn't say that there's any one person in particular who I agree with a lot, as my opinions can be right across the board, though I have this habit of not really realising just who is 'on my side', so to speak, until I regularly engage in discussion/debate. When I'm lurking, I often read posts and fail to take a whole lot of note of the screen name. So my answer to this question sucks. :reject:

You have to at least pretend you know the answers!! :rolleyes:

Axver said:

You have to at least pretend to ask a question!

OK, fine. :grumpy:

Why don't you at least pretend to have the answers? :madspit:

And is the reason you are an FYM lurker because you're afraid of getting your arse whooped? ;)

Last edited:
indra said:

OK, fine. :grumpy:

Why don't you at least pretend to have the answers? :madspit:

Because I have clearly not been indoctrinated into the ways of FYM yet.

And is the reason you are an FYM lurker because you're afraid of getting your arse whooped? ;)

Just trying to avoid the aforementioned indoctrination. :wink:

foray said:
What's the weather like in Queensland?

furry

Too warm. I'm moving to a cold climate as soon as I can. I miss New Zealand.

Hey Axver, what's your favourite Free Your Mind memory? I mean, there must be thousands to chooooooooose from, just a sample would do.

What part of Queensland do you live in?

Axver, why have you been here so long and do not have an avatar? Would you like me to make you one?

Kieran McConville said:
Hey Axver, what's your favourite Free Your Mind memory? I mean, there must be thousands to chooooooooose from, just a sample would do.

Oooh, hmm. Has to be the Bush jokes and any other similarly humorous political thread that has given me a real chuckle.

What part of Queensland do you live in?

The southeast, on the Gold Coast.

U2Kitten said:
Axver, why have you been here so long and do not have an avatar? Would you like me to make you one?

If you were to investigate my LiveJournal deeply, you'd find that I have fifty user icons (and want more!), and I use each one for different purposes. However, here - I'm yet to think of an all-purpose picture that I would like to use as an avatar. I feel that the picture I would like to use, of Amak Axver (the character, my personal invention, behind my screen name), loses too much detail when shrunk to the size of an avatar.

I'm sure co-incidence will have it that by the end of the day, I will have uploaded an avatar! Well, in any case, I'll get one eventually. If my Paint skills are up to the task, heh. Otherwise, I may have to take you up on the offer to make one.

lauren430 said:
What color socks are you wearing and why?

None, because I just got up. If I were wearing socks, white or black, because that's all I have.

Originally posted by Sheltie
Boxers or briefs?

Boxers, no question about it.

Originally posted by nbcrusader
What will be the next FYM craze, now that "Ask the ____" threads are passe?

Bashing people who jumped on the bandwagon too late and made more 'Ask the ...' threads.

Why do I like you so much already? Do people frequently like you right away?

joyfulgirl said:
Why do I like you so much already?

Subliminal messages followed by covert thought control. That's why.

Do people frequently like you right away?

I have noticed people either like or hate me straight away. In both cases, I don't tend to have a clue why, besides the thought control.

Back
Top Bottom