Ask the FYM Lurker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
foray said:

How did you know I'm in New Zealand?? :huh:

The same powers used for the aforementioned subliminal messaging and thought control.

What part of NZ are you in? I'm from just north of Wellington but I've been in Australia for over seven years.

Axver where the hell is my VCR remote? I've genuinely lost it. Correction, my daughter lost it. I know it is not IN the VCR as I have played a tape since it's diappearance.

Ok, no here's a real question. We got this one at our piss-up trivia night last Thursday. On the commercials, LG is stated to mean Life's Good. Without googling, what does it really stand for?

You might not have lived in Aus long enough to remember the answer to this though :wink:

God I'm bored. A replay (apparently) of Lost will be on soon..

Angela Harlem said:
Axver where the hell is my VCR remote? I've genuinely lost it. Correction, my daughter lost it. I know it is not IN the VCR as I have played a tape since it's diappearance.

Where is it? The answer's obvious: Elsewhere.

There is a possibility it has run away to join the little piece that slides over the battery section of my VCR remote. It's been missing a while. You never know where these remotes can get to.

Ok, no here's a real question. We got this one at our piss-up trivia night last Thursday. On the commercials, LG is stated to mean Life's Good. Without googling, what does it really stand for?

You might not have lived in Aus long enough to remember the answer to this though :wink:

God I'm bored. A replay (apparently) of Lost will be on soon..

LG = Let's Google-it.

Well, I have to pretend I know the answer, don't I? :wink:

I've never known what it stands for, but I never believed it was Life's Good. No-one names their company that.

Salome said:
has lurking in fym caused you to lose trust in the human race even more?

Not as much as actively participating in LiveJournal communities has.

purplicious said:

What variety might you like?

Tim Tams would be most delightful. Hm, speaking of delightful ... Turkish Delight!

LG = Lucky Goldstar.

Goldstar were a cheap as shit company, back in their day. Quality was about as trustworthy as Kambrook.

So, that's really added to the thread huh?

:wink:

Angela Harlem said:
LG = Lucky Goldstar.

Goldstar were a cheap as shit company, back in their day. Quality was about as trustworthy as Kambrook.

So, that's really added to the thread huh?

:wink:

Yes, it has actually. I didn't know that. Goldstar were absolute crap. Up there with Palasonic and PhiLiPPps etc.

PS Akai are now crap. They used to be good when I was little but now they are crap. I found that out the hard way.

LG as a joint force, is actually a very good company. I remember the days when mum wouldn't ever buy Goldstar or Kambrook. I did get an old Akai tv for my bday when I turned 21, it's still going strong!

But yeah, unless it's Sony or something it's probably cheap and ready to fall apart.

LG seem to be putting out some very good stuff now - my mother's new flatscreen TV is an LG and it's fantastic. And when did Akai turn crap? My VCR is about 6-7 years old now and it's going strong. I just wish it would stop causing wear on my Under A Blood Red Sky tape - OK, so that's my fault for playing it too much.

And ha, I just realised my computer monitor is an LG. You'd think I would have noticed beforehand.

I bought an AKAI vcr 4 and a half years ago. It lasted about 6 months and died. I spoke to the guy in the store and he said AKAI were crap now.

Maybe its just AKAI vcrs? Except yours is okay so who knows. I don't have a VCR anymore. I gave up after that experience.

Do you agree or disagree with Bono.

"He (Adam) certainly thought he was the coolest kid on the street, and if not for that blond afro, he might have been."

beli said:
I bought an AKAI vcr 4 and a half years ago. It lasted about 6 months and died. I spoke to the guy in the store and he said AKAI were crap now.

Maybe its just AKAI vcrs? Except yours is okay so who knows. I don't have a VCR anymore. I gave up after that experience.

Maybe I'm just lucky? Who knows. This thing's still going strong. I haven't bought a DVD player yet - no use, my computer plays and burns them and I prefer to watch DVDs on here. If I could play videos on my computer I'd give the Akai back to Mum.

thrillme said:
Do you agree or disagree with Bono.

"He (Adam) certainly thought he was the coolest kid on the street, and if not for that blond afro, he might have been."

Disagree. The 'fro was what made Adam the "coolest kid on the street".

When U2 come to Australia, I plan on growing an afro and going to a gig as Frodam. My hair's perfect for replicating it - now all I need are early-eighties Adam-ish glasses and that horrendously bright green sweater from the performance of Stories For Boys on the Late Late Show on 15 January 1980.

Axver said:

Disagree. The 'fro was what made Adam the "coolest kid on the street".

When U2 come to Australia, I plan on growing an afro and going to a gig as Frodam. My hair's perfect for replicating it - now all I need are early-eighties Adam-ish glasses and that horrendously bright green sweater from the performance of Stories For Boys on the Late Late Show on 15 January 1980.

Brilliant! Actually, glasses may not be necessary, I've seen some early concerts where he went without his glasses, US festival, Red Rocks.

btw I also disagree with Bono.

thrillme said:

Brilliant! Actually, glasses may not be necessary, I've seen some early concerts where he went without his glasses, US festival, Red Rocks.

btw I also disagree with Bono.

True, he didn't always wear glasses - but I need to wear mine! I am thinking that I will somehow try to disguise my glasses so that they look more like a pair Adam wore. Not totally sure how I'll do that, though. Maybe it won't make a difference. I'll grow the 'fro, get the green sweater, and see how it all looks.

I think Bono thinks he was the coolest kid on the street. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom