Ask the drunk nun..:D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Muggsy

Refugee
I live in colombia, with a box of watercolors and
whatever you want. Muggsy has all the answers... about muggsy of course :D

100_0616.jpg

Last edited:
Macfistowannabe said:
Should my fiance become a nun?

(We have actually debated this)

is that serious??... i mean... thinking about becoming a nun (or a priest ) is a very big deal. I grew up in a school runned by nuns and I learned all that stuff about the "calling" and living in the name of God are things that a few people can feel in their guts.

Some of my friends have been in spiritual retirements to prepare themselves for the religious life. The people who are in charge of those retirements told them that they have to leave family, properties (in fact if you become a nun you have to give your properties to the Congregation you belong) and careers. Mi friends decided not to stay there because of that and cuz they realized that the newest nuns had to do all the housekeeping for the older ones :down:

Muggsy said:
is that serious??... i mean... thinking about becoming a nun (or a priest ) is a very big deal. I grew up in a school runned by nuns and I learned all that stuff about the "calling" and living in the name of God are things that a few people can feel in their guts.
Well... I don't know, leaning towards no. She claimed it was, even though she's not really that religious.

Muggsy said:
Some of my friends have been in spiritual retirements to prepare themselves for the religious life. The people who are in charge of those retirements told them that they have to leave family, properties (in fact if you become a nun you have to give your properties to the Congregation you belong) and careers. Mi friends decided not to stay there because of that and cuz they realized that the newest nuns had to do all the housekeeping for the older ones :down:
Sounds insane, in my humble opinion.

:lmao: That picture is brilliant.

My Mum's cousin was a nun until she was about 34 I think, macfistowannabe. She went to America to look after her mother and started a friendship with the doctor who used to visit her mothers house. When her mother got better after about 8 months she came back to Ireland and the next day the doctor phoned and asked to marry her. She left her convent and they have now been married for over 20 years. My Mum (who said she briefly thought about becoming a nun at the same time one of her sisters was thinking about it, it's a really popular choice in our family lol) also had a great aunt who was a nun too, she spent a lot of her time in South Africa, she died there about 6 years ago when she was out visiting. They had a service for her at a convent just outside Belfast and our family went. The nuns were really lovely to us,. even today they still keep in contact with us and invite us to see them. I have never seen them drunk though :lol:

Back
Top Bottom