Ask the BVS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MrsSpringsteen said:
If you could ask President Bush one question what would it be?

Will you please retire?:wink:

Actually I'd ask;

Where does he define his separation of church and state? I'd really like to see how he defends some of his moves and still upholds the constitution.

I think most other conversations would just leave my blood boiling.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

So now it's this cross between a Ryan Adams/Damien Rice/U2 thing.

I'd say it's actually more Eddie Vedder and a little less U2. But maybe that's just because it's acoustic, but you know I love it regardless.

How tall are you?

What do you like most/least about Chicago? I've never been there- have no idea what it's like, other than it's windy :wink:

Have you ever been anywhere in the Northeast?

MrsSpringsteen said:
How tall are you?
5'-9"

MrsSpringsteen said:

What do you like most/least about Chicago? I've never been there- have no idea what it's like, other than it's windy :wink:
Brilliant city. There's this friendly type of competition with New York as to which one is truly the last of the great cities. And as much as I love New York, I'd have a hard time picturing myself living there. I'd pick Chicago any day of the week. It has everything you can ask for the theater, great museums, awesome architecture, good music, restaurants, people from all walks of life, we're not so great in sports these days yet they have very loyal fans, a great beach with the added bonus of fresh water rather than salt, etc etc.

The only thing I can say that I don't like about it, is that my friends and family aren't here. If I could somehow transplant them, I'd never leave.

MrsSpringsteen said:

Have you ever been anywhere in the Northeast?
Yes but only for short stints, either family vacations or for work. I did a road trip up there many a years ago Texas to Maryland, I still think driving through Virginia is one of the most beautiful drives.

Im 5 '9 too, or 5' 9 1/2", it's been a long time since I checked, not that you asked :slant:

Why do most of my questions to you sound like something from eHarmony? :wink: Do you like long walks on the beach...

OK, who is your favorite artist? What is your favorite work of art?

MrsSpringsteen said:

Why do most of my questions to you sound like something from eHarmony?
:lol:

OK, who is your favorite artist? What is your favorite work of art? [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh that's hard. It's very much like music it will change with mood.

I've been really getting in a Picasso(especially blue period) mood recently, before I never really cared for him. I really dig Dali.

My favorite right now are Van Gogh's self portraits. Something about a man who cuts off his own ear and mails it to the woman he loves really speaks to me. His museum in Amsterdam is amazing.

joyfulgirl said:
Have you been to my favorite town in Texas, Marfa?

You know I've always wanted to. A professor when I was in school would take his class and do a project there every semester. They would all stay for a three day weekend. I've heard it's an interesting little town, I always wanted that professor but there were always scheduling problems. The problem was he only offered 8am classes.

Well, next time you're visiting Texas you should make it a point to go and see Donald Judd's work. Not that I'm a big fan, but it's something every artist should see. I guess. You can even go to the house where he lived, where nothing has been touched since he died (literally, nothing moved--I think it was in his will or something than nothing be moved), and see his library and the fact that he had a bed in every room, etc. Then there are the spooky Marfa Mystery Lights which I've seen. It's a cool town. Kinda like Mayberry on acid. My work requires frequent visits, believe it or not. :huh:

what's your favorite color?

what's your favorite flower?

who do you think is the hottest Desperate Housewife, if you even watch that show

Jenna or Barbara? (and you can't answer neither)

I'm profiling you for my dating service :wink:

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I've been really getting in a Picasso(especially blue period) mood recently, before I never really cared for him. I really dig Dali.

My favorite right now are Van Gogh's self portraits. Something about a man who cuts off his own ear and mails it to the woman he loves really speaks to me. His museum in Amsterdam is amazing.

I fell in love with both Picasso and Van Gogh years ago when I was backpacking through Europe. I was so moved by the Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam that I ended up buying a book of letters between him and his brother Theo and read it on the trains. The Picasso museums in Paris and ... now I forget whether it's Barcelona or Madrid or both...are incredible, too. I had never been that interested in art before but something about being in Europe, it's just everywhere and you can't help but absorb it.

joyfulgirl said:

I had never been that interested in art before but something about being in Europe, it's just everywhere and you can't help but absorb it.

It's true I went backpacking with two friends of mine after graduation. None of which had any appreciation for art. One's idea of art were the blacklight posters he had hanging in his room and the other well she just had sorority shit on her walls. But after a little coaxing from me they joined me to a few museums and they actually came back with more prints than I did.

MrsSpringsteen said:
what's your favorite color?
I've been accused of going through a green period as of late which I didn't even consiously realize until my brother pointed it out to me(I just surpised him with a 4'x6' painting for his birthday)

Ironically I'm somewhat colorblind.

MrsSpringsteen said:

what's your favorite flower?
Tulip
I was asked that just recently and I was told my answer was very sexual.:shrug:

MrsSpringsteen said:

who do you think is the hottest Desperate Housewife, if you even watch that show
I've never watched it but I've always thought Ms. Hatcher was hot. But recently I found out Eva's a Texas girl, born in the same city as myself, and she went to my alumni.

MrsSpringsteen said:

Jenna or Barbara? (and you can't answer neither)
Neither but I heard Chelsey had a big night on the town the other night, sounds like she's trying to catch up with them.

I said no neither-you're always supposed to pick the brunette :wink:

I think Teri's the hottest too, but Eva is very pretty

What's the last thing you dreamed about?

<------- dancing Tori would like to know which of her records is your favorite and why? Least favorite?

joyfulgirl said:
<------- dancing Tori would like to know which of her records is your favorite and why? Least favorite?

Dancing Tori kinda turns me on...

Favorite:Under the Pink(Past the Mission still one of my faves)

Least:Boys for Pele(like it but I can't pretend I actually understand it all)

But I have to admit I haven't listened to Beekeeper yet. :reject:

I'm looking for to checking it out especially her song with Damien Rice.

What about you? Have you ever seen her live?

Yes, I've seen her live a number of times. She is completely mind-blowing. I'm seeing her again in Denver the night before I see U2. I mean, I think I could spontaneously combust. :crazy:

I wonder if maybe women tend to like Pele better than men. It's been my favorite but honestly I love all of her records--and her B-sides. I'm loving The Beekeeper but not as deeply as I've loved her other records...yet. It might be a sleeper for me like Scarlet's Walk was. The title song is awesome. I felt a little let down by the song with Damien Rice, but it's a good song.

She came and played our campus auditorium when I was in college. Just her and her piano. I had a huge project to work on so I gave my ticket to my roommate. Turns out it was 1st row middle.:| He said all night it was like she played to him. I will never stop kicking myself for that, and my friend will never let me live it down.:mad:

Ouch! Well, if it's any consolation, I think she was a bit annoying back then. She's ripened with age. Maybe you can catch her this summer. The show I'm seeing is solo but then this summer she'll tour with the band, dates TBA. I'm pretty sure she's playing Chicago on the solo bit, too.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Sorry I haven't called you back. I've been in a kinda anti-social mood the last couple of days. A really bad mood swing I guess.

Seems to be going around. I caught it, too. :grumpy:

Dear BonoVoxSupastar,

I recently cut myself on the forehead. But, instead of blood, what came out was kinda dusty. I thought it was crumbs, but then I tasted it and it it didn't taste like crumbs... and then I passed out.

What was it?

Last edited:
chiso said:
Dear BonoVoxSupastar,

I recently cut myself on the forehead. But, instead of blood, what came out was kinda dusty. I thought it was crumbs, but then I tasted it and it it didn't taste like crumbs... and then I passed out.

What was it?

It was cobwebs. I suggest you clear your thoughts, let the wound breathe and start anew.

Back
Top Bottom