Ask the...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonosSaint said:
We desperately need a new controversial thread.

:huh:
I tried that with "Answer the Wannabe." It made it through the first round of questions, then it flopped.

BonosSaint said:
We desperately need a new controversial thread.

:huh:

I was just thinking that we haven't had a closed thread in here in ages. What is wrong with us?? :huh:

You realize we are letting the mods get complacent. Do we really want that to happen?

FYM will soon have an 'Ask the' subforum at this rate.

verte76 said:
No closed threads? No burning controversies? Horrors!

I know! It totally sucks. :madspit: Where am I gonna get my kicks now? :mad:

indra said:

I know! It totally sucks. :madspit: Where am I gonna get my kicks now? :mad:

ditto! i'm so effective at work these days, due to the surfeit of non-FYM time i now how have on my hands.

maybe i should go write a novel or something ...

Irvine511 said:
maybe i should go write a novel or something ...

I wrote a screenplay, and I'm working on designing a website, all thanks to this forum being boring right now. :wink:

Everything in life is generated by conflict, with the "goal" being equilibrium. Usually, though, we overcompensate and swing between conservatism and liberalism. Have we just plain hit "equilibrium" here at FYM? I mean, we're all getting along here now. I'm not used to that...lol.

Melon

Last edited:
melon said:

Have we just plain hit "equilibrium" here at FYM? I mean, we're all getting along here now. I'm not used to that...lol.

Melon

It's just a lull. We'll all be back at each other's throats soon enough. This just isn't natural! :wink:

melon said:

I wrote a screenplay, and I'm working on designing a website, all thanks to this forum being boring right now. :wink:

Everything in life is generated by conflict, with the "goal" being equilibrium. Usually, though, we overcompensate and swing between conservatism and liberalism. Have we just plain hit "equilibrium" here at FYM? I mean, we're all getting along here now. I'm not used to that...lol.

Melon

Piss off lefty!:mad:

37 "Ask the" threads?! Wow! I thought of starting one too, but I couldn't think of anything you guys would want to ask me.
I'm sort of a jack of all trades - master of none sort.

BostonAnne said:
37 "Ask the" threads?! Wow! I thought of starting one too, but I couldn't think of anything you guys would want to ask me.
I'm sort of a jack of all trades - master of none sort.

Well, considering the nonsense we've been writing in half of those posts, you could quite easily set up an 'Ask the jack of all trades - master of none sort' thread and still get away with it quite easily.
;)

In case y'all can't tell (LOL), I really do have a soft spot for those threads. In fact, I'd like to think that they're among the reasons it's been peaceful in here lately--because we've been too busy asking honest questions and receiving thoughtful answers, too busy really learning about each other and gaining new perspective on opposing points of view.

I could be totally wrong, but as long as I don't see people flagrantly mocking the concept, I won't put an end to those threads. If every single person who frequents FYM wanted to start one, I wouldn't care. Besides, I think that's already happened anyway. :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom