Ask a Witch - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2005, 10:32 AM   #76
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:14 PM
Tinybubbles, are you familar with the Irish poet WB Yeats?

He had a long running interest in paganism and was involved in the 'theosophy' movement of the early twentieth century.

Old 04-09-2005, 10:36 AM   #77
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest

I believe that Christ is the only way to God because Christ said so. Christ is the God of my faith, so of course, I believe what he said. Why is it hard for you to imagine that followers of a religious faith might actually believe the words of their religion's God?

That's fair enough. In fairness it was probably the bible-thumper thing that started the thread getting de-railed and as Tinybubbles admitted it was a poor choice of expression.

Peace

Old 04-09-2005, 10:43 AM   #78
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest

Maybe I should ask every witch in this thread to apoligize for what one witch did to a Christian friend of mine back in the late 80s.

Get the point?
Yes.
Old 04-09-2005, 03:36 PM   #79
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 05:14 PM
What do you think of Marilyn Manson?

A pic for your pleasure...
Old 04-09-2005, 10:23 PM   #80
ONE
love, blood, life

So what has Marilyn Manson got to do with this thread?
Old 04-10-2005, 12:04 AM   #81
War Child

Local Time: 03:14 PM
Are you a good witch or a bad witch?

Who knows whitch is whitch and who is who?

open faced club sand-whitch...
Old 04-10-2005, 08:43 AM   #82
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:14 AM
Do you like Tori Amos or Meat Cake comics?

Can you describe one simple spell you've done that's worked?

And, on what occasions do you go sky-clad, if any...?

foray
Old 04-10-2005, 02:20 PM   #83
The Fly

Local Time: 09:14 PM
Influences Occult and otherwise:

Most definitely yes to Tori Amos and Yeats! I became interested in Yeats through the ceremonial magic connection (Golden Dawn, O.T.O.) via Alister Crowley because we share the same birthdate...Manson? Well, the cartoon that was posted made me laugh. I don't really know much about him. Don't know Meat Cake either...should I? I really like Neil Gaiman, and lots of vertigo titles and x-men remains an old standby. Very nice since Jos Whedon took over the writing...
Sky-clad? I get cold very easily so not very much. But if it gets hot enough I suppose. I do not find that essential to my practice. There seems to be alot of emphasis on being naked during rites in traditions that are fertility based. My tradition is an ecstatic one. Although there are, of course, some rites you just can't do with clothes on!
Old 04-10-2005, 02:48 PM   #84
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by foray

Can you describe one simple spell you've done that's worked?

foray
Okay. I was looking for a new apartment in a really tight market. Instead of just taking whatever I could get I did a spell to get exactly what I wanted. I did a cleansing ritual and grounded my energy to make sure I would be clear about what I wanted (no outside influences) then asked the Gods that I have personal relationships with to be present to help me. I might have lit a candle to acknowledge their presence. I sat with paper and pastels and in a light trance drew the place I wanted to move to. I put the picture on my altar and named it.
What is interesting is that what came up was a single home detailed with a rose bush to the right, a front door with 3 pane window, and a well to the left. And I was looking for an apartment in a city. But it was what I wanted if I really thought about it. I hated living in little spaces. So it did not really make sense until I got a call 3 days later from a woman looking for a roomate. In the very house I drew. well, rosebush, everything.
Old 04-10-2005, 02:59 PM   #85
The Fly

Big Grin

Quote:
Originally posted by beatlesboy
Are you a good witch or a bad witch?
Depends on the day. Like most people
....So this thread has been fun. I think I like interference. I think I will stay around for a while. You all seem intellegent and funny at least!
However, I am getting a bit tired just talking about myself so unless there are any other emergency, have to have answered witch questions, I think I will take a break and see what else is going on around here. If anyone needs more witchy reading I suggest www.Witchvox.com for starters. They are a portal to all sorts of witchy things. Me? I just watched "U2 go home" last night with my good friend and 2 bottles of very good wine. I am much more in the mood to talk about my favourite band than witchcraft...Thanks again for the discussion, everyone. And apologies for my poor spelling. It's bad I know. Don't worry. You will get used to it....
-Jennifer
Old 04-10-2005, 03:08 PM   #86
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Tinybubbles
and Yeats! I became interested in Yeats through the ceremonial magic connection (Golden Dawn, O.T.O.) via Alister Crowley because we share the same birthdate
Sure, that's why I asked about Yeats. I read about the Crowley connection before, seemingly they were both involved in the same group but had a falling out and Yeats forced Crowley out of it.

I asked some Irish pagans on a discussion forum once about Crowley, they weren't fans of his. He seems to have been a controversial character to say the least. Yeats on the other hand lived a largely blameless life as far as I am aware and was even made an Irish senator by the government. He never fell foul of the Catholic Church unlike many Irish writers of the period. He seemed to have the knack of getting on with people plus he was a great, great poet.

Anyway I look forward to more discussions about Yeats, Crowley, etc, I'm quite interested in both of them
Old 04-10-2005, 03:11 PM   #87
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by financeguy

He seemed to have the knack of getting on with people plus he was a great, great poet.
That sounds like it describes alot of Irish people!
Old 04-10-2005, 03:20 PM   #88
The Fly

Quote:

Anyway I look forward to more discussions about Yeats, Crowley, etc, I'm quite interested in both of them
Me too. We should talk... Although a thread about Crowley might be a little much around here... innocent people might have their minds blown wide open!! I liked old Al, he was wierd, fallable and human, and occasionally brilliant. And his girlfriend never gets enough credit for being the one who actually channeled most of the Book of Law!

-Jennifer

"Yesterday's wierdness is tommorrow's reason why."-Hunter Thompson
Old 04-10-2005, 03:25 PM   #89
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Tinybubbles

Although a thread about Crowley might be a little much around here... innocent people might have their minds blown wide open!!
True, true. Although my understanding is even a lot of pagans don't like the guy much. Interesting figure but he did a lot of very questionable things in his life, from what I've read, seems to have treated a lot of people badly. But certainly an interesting figure all the same.
Old 04-10-2005, 11:09 PM   #90
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 05:14 PM
Quote:
So what has Marilyn Manson got to do with this thread?
"Ask A Witch." I asked her a question.