Ask a busy mother of five, FIVE! boys...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RosieHS

The Fly
Hello all. Yes, I have birth five, FIVE! wonderful boys of ages: 18, 12, 11, 3 and 2.

SP_SHSHFamily.jpg

And yes, I do consider myself a Wonder Mom!
wonderwoman.gif

Any questions?

why, for gods sake, did you register on interference? you have 5 kids, didnt you think of them? now there is no going back for you.

this is interference. nobody leaves :wink:

nbcrusader said:
Given the age range, what led to you desire for kids 4 & 5?
My first three children are from a previous marriage that lasted 11 years. After marrying my current husband we decided that we both wanted to have children so that helps explain the huge age difference between kiddos' three and four.

MrsSpringsteen said:
Do you make them do housework?
We all do our share of housework - all seven of us. Everyone is expected to clean after themselves. Including picking up their dinnerware after a meal (even at McDonald's!). Even the toddlers put away their toys before creating chaos somewhere else - this is often a family affair.

all_i_want said:
why, for gods sake, did you register on interference? you have 5 kids, didnt you think of them? now there is no going back for you.

this is interference. nobody leaves
I (gulp!) admit that I am a Blue Crack Addict. I've confessed to my husband during dinner one late night - there were tears in my eyes and he was very understanding. Also, my poor kids have had to suffer "take-out" due to my negligence. Oh, and not to mention those disgusting soggy diapers that (oops!) are now more soggy than they should be.

U2Kitten said:
Are you going to keep trying for a girl?
I was never trying for a girl. I know what havoc that brings - I mean, I'm a girl and I wouldn't have wished me on anyone. My poor parents went thru hell raising me. I guess I'm not ready to pay my dues. LOL!

Macfistowannabe said:
Is Danny in the military?
Last month Danny enlisted in the Army Reserve and plans on going on Active Duty after bootcamp. Currently he's cadet captain in his high school's JROTC program and has been with the Police Explorers since 2002.
http://www4.army.mil/USAR/home/index.php

tiny dancer said:
You get out any as far as doing fun things for yourself?
My hubby is very supportive of this. We each get our time away from home every now and then while the other stays home to care for the young ones. Sadly, we don't "date" each other much and that's putting a little stress on our relationship. But, it's something we'll overcome.

blueyedpoet said:
how do you maintain your sanity?
or do ya?
My hubby takes care of the kiddos while I get to sleep late on the weekends. Sometimes I don't get up until after 1:00 p.m. This is great therapy! It also helps that I have a loving and nurturing mate - he's awesome!!!

Here's more background for ya':

I work part-time during the day and I'm home by 3:30 p.m. so that I'm here when my older kids get home from school. My husband works 2nd shift and I only get to see him for about 15 minutes before he starts his workshift. We do it all ourselves - no babysitters or daycare for this family. Oh, and our income tax return is mighty gernerous. :eyebrow:

RosieHS said:

Oh, and not to mention those disgusting soggy diapers that (oops!) are now more soggy than they should be.

How long before you start potty training the last one?!?

Ohhh...the joy when the last one is out of diapers!!!! :dance: :applaud: :dance:

Golightly Grrl said:
If you did have a girl, what would you have named her?
Well, good question. My husband and I debated on this extensively. For my fourth child if female we chose: Isabella Katheryn (he wanted the name to be Temperance [?!] and I so badly wanted the name Harley or Chase [hubby says "?!"]. For my fifth child if a girl we chose Psyche Isabella - a name we both dig!

Lara Mullen said:
Do you think you'll have more kids?
No we know for a fact that we'll have no more kids: hubby went to see this helpful doctor... :wink:

Dasani said:
How long before you start potty training the last one?!?
We have started potty training the last two - the question is when does the potty training finish?!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom