Ashcroft bans DOJ gay pride event - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2003, 06:51 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:00 AM
I think if I ever started my own company, I would randomly start firing straight employees. After all, sexual orientation is not a protected status...

As for Asscroft, he's a waste of oxygen and proof that this administration is far from moderate.

Melon

Old 06-09-2003, 12:10 AM   #17
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:00 AM
I'd love to live in a world that didn't need movements based on race or sexuality. But until that happens, I will always support those who do.

Old 06-09-2003, 12:51 AM   #18
The Fly

Local Time: 06:00 AM
It was Adam and eve not adam and steve. Why do u hate him for not recognizing gay day. That sexual practise spreads desease, a normal sexual orientation does not spread desease as much. so that should be an indication on the gay practise. you touch a burning stove you get burned. fuck a guy up the ass you get aids.
if such a practise is so dangerous and let me tell you it is.... then why should it be encouraged. If you want gay day then by all means throw a christerpher lowell party dont depend on the president on everything, do you need bush to wipe your ass too?
Old 06-09-2003, 02:16 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:00 PM
Thanks for the straight dope.
Old 06-09-2003, 05:23 AM   #20
Jesus Online

Local Time: 05:00 PM
Where to start....megadrum, a bit of friendly advice when posting in here. If you want to make broad general false statements, first off remove the insults contained in them and then back up these claims with some 'evidence' or at least a source which led you to believe this.
Quote:
fuck a guy up the ass you get aids.
You surely must see how inaccurate and inflamatory this statement is? Whoever told you is so grossly mistaken. Most of your reply was also off topic. I think if you are interpreting it as an encouragement of homosexuality, then you are missing the point. Please re-read the article and the responses here - It is about recognition.
Your views are your right to have, but think carefully about how you present them.
Old 06-09-2003, 05:48 AM   #21
you are what you is

Local Time: 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
Your views are your right to have, but think carefully about how you present them.
indeed, Angela Harlem is very nice and explained very well what problems we (mods) have with your post

I on the other hand can be a real bastard and when I think you are just trying to insult the views of other people on this forum I will react in whatever way I see fit
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 06-09-2003, 06:21 AM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
I'm going to try and be as nice as I possibly can here, which is not gonna be easy...

Quote:
Originally posted by megadrum2002
It was Adam and eve not adam and steve.
Must...refrain...from...screaming...and...shouting...

I hate that saying. It's gotta be one of the stupidest arguments I've ever heard against homosexuality.

Besides, does not the Bible also say something about, "Love thy neighbor"?

Quote:
Why do u hate him for not recognizing gay day.
Maybe because that screams homophobia, something we really don't need more of in this country.

Quote:
That sexual practise spreads desease, a normal sexual orientation does not spread desease as much. so that should be an indication on the gay practise. you touch a burning stove you get burned. fuck a guy up the ass you get aids.
Like Angela Harlem said, please, enlighten us as to where you got this idea?

Straight people get AIDS just as often as gay people. That's a fact.

Sounds like someone needs to go back and study up on this stuff more.

Quote:
if such a practise is so dangerous and let me tell you it is.... then why should it be encouraged.
A, it's not dangerous.

B, homosexuality should be encouraged because it's perfectly normal, there's nothing wrong with being homosexual.

Quote:
If you want gay day then by all means throw a christerpher lowell party dont depend on the president on everything, do you need bush to wipe your ass too?
First off, all we're saying is that if Bush is going to recognize various other months and events and all that, then he should recognize this too, because it's only fair.

Second, uh...no, I don't need Bush to "wipe my ass". I just want him to treat everyone with the respect they deserve.

Whew, I feel better now.

Seriously, posts like this just make me .

Angela
Old 06-09-2003, 10:51 AM   #23
Neon Zebra

Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel
Maybe because that screams homophobia, something we really don't need more of in this country.
jesus. why is it always "homophobic" instead of "the right to think it's wrong."
Old 06-09-2003, 10:58 AM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 01:00 AM
Quote:
It was Adam and eve not adam and steve. Why do u hate him for not recognizing gay day. That sexual practise spreads desease, a normal sexual orientation does not spread desease as much. so that should be an indication on the gay practise. you touch a burning stove you get burned. fuck a guy up the ass you get aids.
if such a practise is so dangerous and let me tell you it is.... then why should it be encouraged. If you want gay day then by all means throw a christerpher lowell party dont depend on the president on everything, do you need bush to wipe your ass too?
wow, please tell these facts to my friend who works in the STD and AIDs clinic in Atlanta. she is the Adminstrator, Educator, Counsler at this clinic, i am sure she would love to talk to you about how right on you are with these facts.

funny most of her patients are straight. go figure. education is the key.
Old 06-09-2003, 11:21 AM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

I think it is safe to say that megadrum2002's post should simply be deleted

Oh, and Ashcroft's an idiot
Old 06-09-2003, 11:43 AM   #26
Jesus Online

Local Time: 05:00 PM
Hmm, perhaps nbc. Though I tend to think, if people are prepared to make ignorant and ridiculous statements, be it on their head to reap the consequences of those actions. I think many if not most here would in the least disagree, but as usual, if anyone is more than offended or whatever, please say so.
Old 06-09-2003, 11:48 AM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by bonosgirl84

jesus. why is it always "homophobic" instead of "the right to think it's wrong."
With Ashcroft it screams homophobia, because that's what he is, a homophobe.

Other people may not like homosexuality, but they would at least recognize this kind of an event, putting their own feelings about it aside.

And I wouldn't yell at those people.

I really am curious, though, as to what it is about homosexuality that makes people still believe it's wrong. Am I missing something here???? I've never had a problem with it, and I'm really curious as to why some people do.

Angela
Old 06-09-2003, 12:09 PM   #28
Neon Zebra

Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel
With Ashcroft it screams homophobia, because that's what he is, a homophobe.

I really am curious, though, as to what it is about homosexuality that makes people still believe it's wrong. Am I missing something here???? I've never had a problem with it, and I'm really curious as to why some people do.
you see? you have no idea if ashcroft is homophobic. do you know him?

i cannot speak for anyone else, but the reasons i have for believing a homosexual lifestyle is wrong are way too personal for me to discuss here.
Old 06-09-2003, 12:28 PM   #29
BAW
The Flower

Quote:

Lovely post...its nice to see that ignorance and misinformation are still alive and well. This was NOT about "gay day", this was about a governmental agency that selectivly chooses who gets use of a public facility...an agency that is not supposed to base its decisions on race, gender or sexual orientation. Mr. Ashcroft's personal views have no place in the decisions he makes while Attorney General...neither do the President's. Mr. Ashcroft has admitted in the past that he DOES have a problem with homosexuality...not exactly a wonderful quality for someone entrusted to protect civil rights.

As far as your rant about "the spread of disease," you need to check your facts. STD's and HIV AIDS don't care if you're gay, straight, male, female, young or old.

Wh do you blame for the MILLIONS of women and children suffering from a "gay disease" like HIV/AIDS?

from a CDC study:

Quote:
1). HIV infection is the third leading cause of death among all U.S. women aged 25-44 years and the leading cause of death among black women in this age group (2). Moreover, an estimated 7000 infants are born to HIV-infected women in the United States each year (3); without intervention, approximately 15%-30% of these infants would be infected
Old 06-09-2003, 01:41 PM   #30
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:00 AM
megadrum - ignoring the hate-filled ranting at the start of your post, perhaps you could provide some evidence in support of your statements. For instance, if AIDS is only spread amongst gay men, perhaps you could explain why women are also affected by AIDS, or why it is so prevalent in countries in sub-Saharan Africa?

You should probably also note that our discussion was primarily about John Ashcrof, the attorney general and not about President Bush.

bonosgirl - you say you should have the right to "think [homosexuality] is wrong" without being described as homophobic. Can you explain how that works, considering that we would dismiss as nonsense statements like "I'm not racist, I just don't like Black people" or "I'm not sexist, but women are inferior to men."