Arthur C. Clarke R.I.P.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Vest

Refugee
Arthur C. Clarke has passed away at the age of 90. I fondly remember seeing 2001 : A Space Odyssey when it first came out. I was 8 years old and it freaked me out. In a good way. Thanks Arthur. R.I.P.

The guy wrote 2001: A Space Odyssey and numerous other highly respected books and not one person has anything else to say??? Geeez. Perhaps we should discuss Vertigo and how U2 plays it twice in a set. Or Mercy. Or the lack of Acrobat in the live set.

Sad news. :( He was a real visionary, and so passionate about the universe. I believe he had an article in National Geographic just a few years back, if I recall correctly. You'd never have guessed it was written by a man of his age...he seemed every bit as curious about the future as a younger person would be.

This just didnt make the news here for some unknown reason.

Arthur C Clarke was quite the visionary and the author. He had a profound effect on my life. I grew up in the outback away from the tv, movies, magazines, crap, etc. When I moved to Perth the first ever movie I saw was 2001: A Space Odyssey (it was being repeated because of Close Encounters, Star Wars, etc). I can still hear the drums now. For this nOOb from the desert 2001: A Space Odyssey burned a memory on my mind that I doubt most children of the television would understand.

Yu fo tong zai mate

Back
Top Bottom