Arnold Schwarzenegger, Kiss My Ass. - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2004, 04:42 PM   #46
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:28 AM
The real point they are trying to make is the Republican convention shouldn't be taken any more seriously than SNL. Isn't it obvious?

Old 09-01-2004, 04:52 PM   #47
Refugee

Local Time: 10:28 PM
Actually I think the Swift Boat Vets already have that angle covered.

Old 09-01-2004, 05:56 PM   #48
New Yorker

Local Time: 01:28 AM
ARNOLD! ARNOLD! ARNOLD! I love this guy! Finally a REAL person in Government. He doesn't give a crap if U don't like what he has 2 say, he's gonna say it anyway. If nothing else, U HAVE 2 respect that. Loving Bono 4 doing the same thing and criticizing "AHNULD" 4 doing it is a bit hypocritical.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:59 PM   #49
New Yorker

Election-Year politics r such B.S. People need 2 lighten up. I wonder, all this anger....how r U'all gonna handle 4 more years? Because it's gonna happen. Watch. Lighten up...doesn't matter THAT much who's in office....same song w/a different name. Both of them belong 2 Skull & Bones anyways....it's all probably rigged!
Old 09-01-2004, 06:29 PM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by The Disciple
...doesn't matter THAT much who's in office....
That's one of the most ignorant things I've heard anybody say in an extremely long time.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:41 PM   #51
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 02:28 AM
You mean he didn't mention in his speech that holiday classic JINGLE ALL THE WAY!!!!
Old 09-01-2004, 10:17 PM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Jingle All The Way To The Bank Baby.- Phil Hartman

I miss Phil.
Old 09-02-2004, 02:26 AM   #53
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Loving Bono 4 doing the same thing and criticizing "AHNULD" 4 doing it is a bit hypocritical.
You may be of the opinion that Arnold says whatever he wants, but that's very far from the truth. He's a politician now, and a very popular one at that, and if you think that his speeches aren't extremely crafted and calculated, then you're kidding yourself.

And lately Bono has had to keep a lid on a lot of his own personal feelings, too, since he has to garner support from both sides of the political aisle.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:39 AM   #54
Babyface

Local Time: 06:28 PM
BUT come one now people!! Arnies flippant 'girlie men' comment can't be taken literally. The man is anything but conservative when it comes to social issues; in fact, he's quite the liberal! He's pro abortion and a supporter of gay rights--he even endorses gay marriage. His history shows him to be compassionate to women and gay issues. So, I don't think there was any sinister hidden meaning behind his play on the 'girlie men' skit. He was most likely showing his williningness to be a good sport.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:47 AM   #55
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC

That's one of the most ignorant things I've heard anybody say in an extremely long time.
Look at America's policies over the last 3 Presidents, and you will see that apart from the flux that happens in the economy, which can NEVER be avoided, it's like the stock market, the President has the final say in little when he is in office. Sure, Clinton had the gays in the military thing, Bush has pushed for other "conservative" issues, few of which have gotten Congressional approval. The main difference between Clinton and Bush II's terms is that we here in America were attacked, and Bush has decided he's not gonna let evil dictators thrive. Clinton deferred too much to the UN in my opinion.

I may have overstated when I meant that it didn't matter THAT much, because I'll be frank with you, I don't want Kerry in office. I think the America that my children will grow up in will be SOMEWHAT influenced by this election. But as a believer that until Christ Himself returns to set all things right TRUE peace will NEVER b found, I'm at peace. I know bad times are gonna get worse, but those of us that know the truth and our future is written in the Scriptures, have nothing to worry about.

If you don't like my opinion, tough. Call it dumb if you like, it's nice to see that we're still in Kindergarten, and we can't let people voice their opinions without agreeing to disagree respectfully.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:10 AM   #56
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:28 PM
I refuse to believe in anything that tells me that I cannot make a difference.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:06 AM   #57
New Yorker

The illusion that "the people" are in control is what keeps our current government and its processes "working" to a certain extent. However, and I mean no disrespect, you are fooling yourself if you think Presidents are in "charge." Study the roots of The Federal Reserve and who owns it, and the scary power they yield. Study the illuminati, and their history. Then get back with me. At least check it out....it will change your view on so much.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:26 AM   #58
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC

With a little history under your belt, you might realize that there is some truth to The Disciple's statement. The US has not gone through significant internal change for decades. There are forces that affect our daily life that are far greater than the office of the President.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:29 AM   #59
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Diemen
The girlie men comment was stupid and clearly meant for for the ADD media's soundbytes, but I was amazed when he said he became a Republican because of Richard Nixon. Is that really the example you want to use?
Is your knowledge of Nixon limited to something like Watergate? Nixon did make a positive impact on this world as well.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:38 AM   #60
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Election-Year politics r such B.S. People need 2 lighten up. I wonder, all this anger....how r U'all gonna handle 4 more years? Because it's gonna happen. Watch. Lighten up...doesn't matter THAT much who's in office....same song w/a different name. Both of them belong 2 Skull & Bones anyways....it's all probably rigged!
DaveC....don't be so quick to insult this person's intelligence. This person is obviously a George W. Bush success story.

"Why" you ask?

Bush wanted to be an "education" president...and it seems as if his policies are working! Bush's desire to "corporatize" schools HAS worked...look here, we have a graduate of the AOL Academy of Grammar posting here at Interference.com!

Good4U, The Disciple!