Armor of God Pajamas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deep

Blue Crack Addict
home.jpg

http://www.armorofgodpjs.com/

I thought God slept in the buff.

Yet another long held belief shot to hell. :mad:

The whole Armor of God Pajama set will help your children to depend on God to protect them from their fears, doubts, and uncertainties at night so their sleep can be restful and peaceful.
Uh huh. And if you put them to bed with a cup of this Exodus 3:8 milk'n'honey drink mix we'll toss in for free, they'll dream in Hebrew too.

This sort of reminds me of when our younger son went through a brief phase where he wanted to wear his Purim costume pretty much 24 hours a day, including to bed. The answer was No, costumes are for playtime, not bedtime, not mealtime either. I've seen similarly overblown superhero pajama outfits in the children's sleepwear section--stuff that's fine for Halloween maybe, but just plain ridiculous for sleeping.

I'm not automatically opposed to toys, etc. that put a religious education spin on "mainstream" equivalents--fun has its place in religious instruction--but as a general rule, if it's a wasteful and/or inane concept to begin with, Biblicizing it isn't going to change that one iota. For the most part, any added moral dimension this brings to most toys exists only in the minds of adults.

A child should feel safe from danger in his parents loving care, not from wearing what looks like the garb of a soldier in the nightmarish slaughter that was the Crusades.

Last edited:
Has a kind of "superstitious" feel to it, like those televangelists hawking green and red handkerchiefs for "prosperity" and "healing" like they were talismans or something...:eyebrow:

Seems to run contrary to basic Christian belief(imo).

(feel free to correct me if I'm wrong:wink: )

Last edited:
all my sleep over guests

get a complimentary pair

boys size large = womens size small :yes:
warning
I have armor piercing power

I can't wait for them to diversity. Armour of Buddha, Armour of Muhammad, Armour of Zoroaster! When can I get my Armour of Satan? :hyper:

Actually, as a Christian, I think that putting my child into these silly looking pajamas would serve to trivialize the idea of the "armor of God", which would be a big disservice to the faith in which I would want to raise the kid. In Ephesians, we Christians are told to put on the "whole armor of God": the "breastplate of righteousness", the "shield of faith", etc. It's a very serious lesson about standing firm in faith. What kind of message does it send when those very important verses are identified with some silly looking pajamas.

:sigh:

You could either use the PJs as a teaching tool for your children (to help them memorize Scripture).

Or you could use them to mock the beliefs of others.

The fine standards have again been maintaned here. Any more would be a waste of time.

Oh come on NBcrusader... like you would hesitate for a moment to mock beliefs that you dislike. (political or religious, and really, at this point, the distinction is pretty blurry methinks).

Like any of us would. It's a free world, right?

If you think FYM is uniquely hostile to Christianity, you have got to be living in a bubble. Yes there is snark, but on the whole the tone around here seems fairly reverant to me... which is besides the point as this is an ideas forum, not the God forum.

Anyhow, that this shit is 'Christianity', is extremely debatable.

I'm not really a big fan of "Christian merchandise" in general, to be honest.

Angela Harlem said:
not even those which make you look like you need a jousting stick and have come straight from king henry's court?

Not even those.

Back
Top Bottom