Aren't liberals supposed to be tolerant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MaxFisher

War Child
I caught two middle aged women trying to rip off my Bush/Cheney 2004 bumper sticker in the parking lot Monday.

As much as I oppose John Kerry, I would never consider vandalizing someone's property by tearing off their Kerry sticker.

Tolerance has become a political tool, not an ideal.

Labeling someone "intolerant" is an act of intolerance in and of itself.

And, as ThatGuy points out, petty acts can be found on both sides of the isle.

I realize that it happens on both sides. At least us right-wing, conservative, war-mongering, rich, uncompassionate, Bible-thumping, republicans don't know any better. But peace-loving progressive liberals tearing off stickers...now that suprised me!:wink:

I thought "compassionate conservatives" weren't supposed to fire people for having Kerry bumper stickers. goes both ways.

It's true that someone got fired for having a Kerry sticker on her car. In fact this happened in my state, Alabama, in another town called Decatur. The people who fired her are intolerant idiots. They should have let her alone with her political views, but they discriminated against Democratic voters and fired her for being one. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

MaxFisher said:
I caught two middle aged women trying to rip off my Bush/Cheney 2004 bumper sticker in the parking lot Monday.

As much as I oppose John Kerry, I would never consider vandalizing someone's property by tearing off their Kerry sticker.

I just want to know what you said to them and what they did! That must have been kind of surreal!

beli said:
must. fight. need. to. make. bad. Australian.joke. :angry:

No no you must give in to these urges! Trust me. You will fell so much better. :evil:

MaxFisher said:

:mac: If you had these bumper stickers, you would have had no problems...

13156475_F_tn.jpg

13156480_F_tn.jpg

13156483_F_tn.jpg

I have one of those cute little Darwin footed amphibians on my car, but that's it. Otherwise, I'm not big on bumper stickers.

I wouldn't mind painting a gigantic eye on the hood of my car though... That would be so much fun! (My car is far past it's prime.)

I actually wasn't able to confront the sticker vandals. The owner of the parking lot came flying out of the shack and threatened to call the cops if they didn't leave. I don't think he appreciated that kind of behavior in his lot regardless of anyone's politics.

I don't put bumper stickers on my car. I don't like controversy. Most of the people I play medieval re-enactment with are Republicans. I don't want to go to an event and have to justify a damn political sticker when part of the reason I go to these things is to get my mind off of politics.

MaxFisher said:
I actually wasn't able to confront the sticker vandals. The owner of the parking lot came flying out of the shack and threatened to call the cops if they didn't leave. I don't think he appreciated that kind of behavior in his lot regardless of anyone's politics.

I thought you "caught" them?

nbcrusader said:

What are you projecting on the post?? Must we sanitize our language to say "two women of unknown political beliefs tore the Bush sticker off my car?"

Nope, sorry?? I was merely saying that 2 idiots ripping off bumper stickers does not = "libs aren't tolerant", idiots are everywhere, yadda yadda. I'd never do such a thing and I don't think anyone I know would either. Note the wink, it wasn't meant all that seriously either.

Looks like I wasn't the one who was "projecting". :rolleyes:

Flying FuManchu said:
Actually, I treasure my car too much to sully the fender with bumper stickers, no matter how witty... Besides, I don't want people of the opposite political persuasion to key my car...

I don't think I'd even notice if my car got keyed. :| It's quite pitiful. In fact keying might jazz it up some...but it runs and is cheap.

I just think it's funny as hell -- two middle aged women trying to pry the bumper sticker off a car. I wonder if they make a habit of that, or if they just had a "wild moment?" It's such a petty thing to do.

Back
Top Bottom