Aren't liberals supposed to be tolerant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well bumper stickers do lower the reselling value of your car (the sticky glue residue).

I put all my stickers (my own homemade U2 stickers), but they're on my windows.

You can still "make a statement" without ruining your cars' bumper.

----

Some Kerry supporters ripped up some little girl's Bush/Cheney supporters, and made her cry, bad idea, because Bush sent a signed poster to the girl.

Politics really do bring out the worst in people.

nbcrusader said:
It is essentially useless because we cannot extrapolate anything of significance from the one anecdote.

Does anything of real significance ever get extrapolated here? It's all just fun and/or interesting, no world problem solving happening, even on the "heavy subjects."

thrillme said:
Well bumper stickers do lower the reselling value of your car (the sticky glue residue).

I put all my stickers (my own homemade U2 stickers), but they're on my windows.

You can still "make a statement" without ruining your cars' bumper.

Trust me, there are cars that wouldn't have bumpers if not for bumper stickers....

Isn´t it kind of illegal to fire someone for having a certain political opinion, whether conservative or liberal? The persons who got fired probably should sue big time. Just wondering.

Btw, if I had a car, I´d never put a bumper sticker on it. Ruin my future American military jeep with a sticker? No way.

Maybe Sicy would agree.

Style, people, style.

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
Isn´t it kind of illegal to fire someone for having a certain political opinion, whether conservative or liberal? The persons who got fired probably should sue big time. Just wondering.

Btw, if I had a car, I´d never put a bumper sticker on it. Ruin my future American military jeep with a sticker? No way.

Maybe Sicy would agree.

Style, people, style.

Yes, if the matter was true, there would be a lawsuit.

If you really want to find out how 'tolerant' some liberals can be, try posting an opposing viewpoint on this forum :reject:

*runs back to PLEBA*

:silent:

So because a frivolous lawsuit wasn't filed the story isn't true? By that logic I could say that because the factory owner didn't sue for slander then the story must be true.

Please.

We are dealing with an anecdotal tale whose primary source is the terminated individual. She could be spinning any tale she wants. If you want to believe her, fine. If she were truly wronged, I would think she would file a lawsuit.

nbcrusader said:
Please.

We are dealing with an anecdotal tale whose primary source is the terminated individual. She could be spinning any tale she wants. If you want to believe her, fine. If she were truly wronged, I would think she would file a lawsuit.

She named the factory owner. If it were false he would have ample grounds for a lawsuit. I think we can agree to disagree, but I believe my argument is just as valid as yours.

And it happened in Alabama, not Georgia as I previously said. Thought I'd point that out before someone corrected me.

Last edited:
ThatGuy said:

She named the factory owner. If it were false he would have ample grounds for a lawsuit. I think we can agree to disagree, but I believe my argument is just as valid as yours.

And it happened in Alabama, not Georgia as I previously said. Thought I'd point that out before someone corrected me.

Now, why would the factory owner file a lawsuit where there is no suggestion that the factory owner has suffered any damage.

Loss of job means loss of income. Plenty of incentive on her side - if it was true.

ThatGuy said:

Hey, you asked. :wink:

Jesus Christ, yes I did! :wink:

It only worries me sometimes that you young leftists use all your "alternative" energy for causes that don´t seem to be of uttermost importance to make this world a better place.

What is this, postmodern arbitrary anything goes?

nbcrusader said:

Now, why would the factory owner file a lawsuit where there is no suggestion that the factory owner has suffered any damage.

Loss of job means loss of income. Plenty of incentive on her side - if it was true.

He had his name in the press in a negative light, and I'm sure it hasn't been particularly good for business to be known as someone who would fire someone over a bumpersticker. The press hounded him for quite a while afterwards, as well. I'm sure he could prove damages. If he had another reason for firing her I'm sure it would be documented in her personnel file. I'm sure he could also produce witnesses that would testify as to the reason she was fired. Plus, if it were me, I wouldn't let a lie like that stand without making any attempt to defend myself. I don't beleive he even denied the charges to the press.

I don't think that absence of evidence is necessarily evidence in this instance, either.

Jesus Christ, yes I did! :wink:

It only worries me sometimes that you young leftists use all your "alternative" energy for causes that don´t seem to be of uttermost importance to make this world a better place.

What is this, postmodern arbitrary anything goes?

Have you never argued a point just for the sake of it? I don't think this issue is an election-maker or breaker.

Fine, fine, argue all you want about em bumper stickers... :lol:

(in the above post, I wasn´t talking about the election at all)

*sigh*

Last edited:
Fine, fine, argue all you want... :up:

(in the above post, I wasn´t talking about the election at all)

*sigh*

I get you, but I don't think that arguing about silly stuff is keeping me from doing other things to make the world a better place.

That´s fine. Go ahead. Sorry for disturbing you. You surely got lots of energy :)

This did happen in an Alabama town called Decatur. The woman got fired for being a Kerry supporter. She got a phone call from Senator Kerry, who hired her for the campaign. I really don't think she's making it up. Her employer didn't like her bumper sticker and gave her the shaft for it.

Back
Top Bottom