Aren't liberals supposed to be tolerant? - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-30-2004, 12:09 PM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
this is a useless thread
Huh?
__________________

__________________
indra is offline  
Old 09-30-2004, 12:37 PM   #32
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,071
Local Time: 09:47 PM
It is essentially useless because we cannot extrapolate anything of significance from the one anecdote.
__________________

__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
Old 09-30-2004, 12:45 PM   #33
Refugee
 
thrillme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: <---over that'a way
Posts: 1,947
Local Time: 09:47 PM
Well bumper stickers do lower the reselling value of your car (the sticky glue residue).

I put all my stickers (my own homemade U2 stickers), but they're on my windows.

You can still "make a statement" without ruining your cars' bumper.

----

Some Kerry supporters ripped up some little girl's Bush/Cheney supporters, and made her cry, bad idea, because Bush sent a signed poster to the girl.

Politics really do bring out the worst in people.
__________________
thrillme is offline  
Old 09-30-2004, 12:53 PM   #34
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
It is essentially useless because we cannot extrapolate anything of significance from the one anecdote.
Does anything of real significance ever get extrapolated here? It's all just fun and/or interesting, no world problem solving happening, even on the "heavy subjects."
__________________
indra is offline  
Old 09-30-2004, 12:55 PM   #35
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by thrillme
Well bumper stickers do lower the reselling value of your car (the sticky glue residue).

I put all my stickers (my own homemade U2 stickers), but they're on my windows.

You can still "make a statement" without ruining your cars' bumper.

Trust me, there are cars that wouldn't have bumpers if not for bumper stickers....
__________________
indra is offline  
Old 09-30-2004, 08:28 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
hiphop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the jungle
Posts: 7,410
Local Time: 07:47 AM
Isn´t it kind of illegal to fire someone for having a certain political opinion, whether conservative or liberal? The persons who got fired probably should sue big time. Just wondering.

Btw, if I had a car, I´d never put a bumper sticker on it. Ruin my future American military jeep with a sticker? No way.

Maybe Sicy would agree.

Style, people, style.
__________________
hiphop is offline  
Old 10-01-2004, 07:39 AM   #37
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,071
Local Time: 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars
Isn´t it kind of illegal to fire someone for having a certain political opinion, whether conservative or liberal? The persons who got fired probably should sue big time. Just wondering.

Btw, if I had a car, I´d never put a bumper sticker on it. Ruin my future American military jeep with a sticker? No way.

Maybe Sicy would agree.

Style, people, style.
Yes, if the matter was true, there would be a lawsuit.
__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
Old 10-01-2004, 08:31 AM   #38
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 17,927
Local Time: 12:47 AM
If you really want to find out how 'tolerant' some liberals can be, try posting an opposing viewpoint on this forum

*runs back to PLEBA*

__________________
U2Kitten is offline  
Old 10-01-2004, 09:26 AM   #39
Refugee
 
ThatGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Vertigo
Posts: 1,277
Local Time: 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader


Yes, if the matter was true, there would be a lawsuit.
Why? Georgia is a "right to work" state.
__________________
ThatGuy is offline  
Old 10-01-2004, 09:28 AM   #40
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,071
Local Time: 09:47 PM
Doesn't matter. If there are any civil rights laws in the state, they can be used as a basis for a lawsuit.
__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
Old 10-01-2004, 09:33 AM   #41
Refugee
 
ThatGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Vertigo
Posts: 1,277
Local Time: 09:47 PM
So because a frivolous lawsuit wasn't filed the story isn't true? By that logic I could say that because the factory owner didn't sue for slander then the story must be true.
__________________
ThatGuy is offline  
Old 10-01-2004, 09:53 AM   #42
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,071
Local Time: 09:47 PM
Please.

We are dealing with an anecdotal tale whose primary source is the terminated individual. She could be spinning any tale she wants. If you want to believe her, fine. If she were truly wronged, I would think she would file a lawsuit.
__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
Old 10-01-2004, 09:59 AM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
hiphop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the jungle
Posts: 7,410
Local Time: 07:47 AM
And who the f*** cares anyway.
__________________
hiphop is offline  
Old 10-01-2004, 10:06 AM   #44
Refugee
 
ThatGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Vertigo
Posts: 1,277
Local Time: 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
Please.

We are dealing with an anecdotal tale whose primary source is the terminated individual. She could be spinning any tale she wants. If you want to believe her, fine. If she were truly wronged, I would think she would file a lawsuit.
She named the factory owner. If it were false he would have ample grounds for a lawsuit. I think we can agree to disagree, but I believe my argument is just as valid as yours.

And it happened in Alabama, not Georgia as I previously said. Thought I'd point that out before someone corrected me.
__________________
ThatGuy is offline  
Old 10-01-2004, 10:08 AM   #45
Refugee
 
ThatGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Vertigo
Posts: 1,277
Local Time: 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars
And who the f*** cares anyway.
Hey, you asked.
__________________

__________________
ThatGuy is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com