Are your political beliefs better than mine?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Elvis said:

People have options....
to answer the question.... or not to answer the question.

To not answer the question is as much of a response as someone who answers it.

But what if I asked you a question asking you for a black or white answer while you would like to point out all the shades of grey that make a black and white answer impossible?

LCK said:

But what if I asked you a question asking you for a black or white answer while you would like to point out all the shades of grey that make a black and white answer impossible?

The question why "are" or "are not" your beliefs better than mine....

the question was "why are they better than mine".

Asking the question, an illogical one at that, was the challenge.... to answer an illogical question... and one that would challenge someone to reason, and perhaps... answer in a philosophical way.

Perhaps I'm assuming to much when I say this, but was it not a given that when asked the question it had it's faults? Proving that fact was not that asked challenge.... answering it was.

There is a difference between a challenging question and an illogical one and they do not illicit the same response.

"If there were an invisible cat in that chair; the chair would look empty: but the chair does look empty: therefore there is an invisible cat in it" -C.S. Lewis on Philosophy. 1958.

So then, me and my invisible cat believe our political beliefs are superior to yours. Mind where you sit now, I've a dog somewhere around here too. :wink:

LCK said:
There is a difference between a challenging question and an illogical one and they do not illicit the same response.

"If there were an invisible cat in that chair; the chair would look empty: but the chair does look empty: therefore there is an invisible cat in it" -C.S. Lewis on Philosophy. 1958.

So then, me and my invisible cat believe our political beliefs are superior to yours. Mind where you sit now, I've a dog somewhere around here too. :wink:

Excellent ;)

Ok, ok, ok, I know I was only supposed to reply once and this is my second response, but it's really just more of a comment than a reply, so...

"Tell me why your political beliefs are better than mine."

Hmmm...interesting (to me anyway) how many people wrote responses insisting that their political beliefs are not better than others. If you really believe that, why did you respond to the post? The title of the post is just a tease...it got you to look. The item to be responded to is the above quote. So really only those who do believe their political beliefs are better than Elvis' should have responded at all.

indra said:
Ok, ok, ok, I know I was only supposed to reply once and this is my second response, but it's really just more of a comment than a reply, so...

"Tell me why your political beliefs are better than mine."

Hmmm...interesting (to me anyway) how many people wrote responses insisting that their political beliefs are not better than others. If you really believe that, why did you respond to the post? The title of the post is just a tease...it got you to look. The item to be responded to is the above quote. So really only those who do believe their political beliefs are better than Elvis' should have responded at all.

Why? Human nature.

Hahaha...

this is the opposite of that ABEL thread in Lemonade Stand called "ask a SMART question and get a STUPID answer."

:sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom