Are your political beliefs better than mine? - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-28-2004, 10:22 AM   #61
LCK
Acrobat
 
LCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 408
Local Time: 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis



People have options....
to answer the question.... or not to answer the question.

To not answer the question is as much of a response as someone who answers it.
But what if I asked you a question asking you for a black or white answer while you would like to point out all the shades of grey that make a black and white answer impossible?
__________________

__________________
LCK is offline  
Old 01-28-2004, 10:24 AM   #62
LCK
Acrobat
 
LCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 408
Local Time: 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by TheGenericPoet


I'll vouch for that!
ahem. I can see what you post in here you know. Best be sleeping with one eye open and one hand protecting the goolies.
__________________

__________________
LCK is offline  
Old 01-28-2004, 10:49 AM   #63
Creator of the Blue Crack
 
Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 4,008
Local Time: 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LCK


But what if I asked you a question asking you for a black or white answer while you would like to point out all the shades of grey that make a black and white answer impossible?

The question why "are" or "are not" your beliefs better than mine....

the question was "why are they better than mine".


Asking the question, an illogical one at that, was the challenge.... to answer an illogical question... and one that would challenge someone to reason, and perhaps... answer in a philosophical way.

Perhaps I'm assuming to much when I say this, but was it not a given that when asked the question it had it's faults? Proving that fact was not that asked challenge.... answering it was.
__________________
I created this place. I hyped a band.
Now I own an ad agency. We hype brands.
All roads for me lead back to U2. Ain't it grand.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Elvis is offline  
Old 01-28-2004, 11:03 AM   #64
LCK
Acrobat
 
LCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 408
Local Time: 05:59 AM
There is a difference between a challenging question and an illogical one and they do not illicit the same response.

"If there were an invisible cat in that chair; the chair would look empty: but the chair does look empty: therefore there is an invisible cat in it" -C.S. Lewis on Philosophy. 1958.

So then, me and my invisible cat believe our political beliefs are superior to yours. Mind where you sit now, I've a dog somewhere around here too.
__________________
LCK is offline  
Old 01-28-2004, 01:16 PM   #65
Creator of the Blue Crack
 
Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 4,008
Local Time: 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LCK
There is a difference between a challenging question and an illogical one and they do not illicit the same response.

"If there were an invisible cat in that chair; the chair would look empty: but the chair does look empty: therefore there is an invisible cat in it" -C.S. Lewis on Philosophy. 1958.

So then, me and my invisible cat believe our political beliefs are superior to yours. Mind where you sit now, I've a dog somewhere around here too.
Excellent
__________________
I created this place. I hyped a band.
Now I own an ad agency. We hype brands.
All roads for me lead back to U2. Ain't it grand.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Elvis is offline  
Old 01-29-2004, 01:22 AM   #66
LCK
Acrobat
 
LCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 408
Local Time: 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis


Excellent
Awww. then I shall name my invisible cat "Elvis"
__________________
LCK is offline  
Old 01-29-2004, 02:24 AM   #67
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 06:59 AM
Ok, ok, ok, I know I was only supposed to reply once and this is my second response, but it's really just more of a comment than a reply, so...

"Tell me why your political beliefs are better than mine."

Hmmm...interesting (to me anyway) how many people wrote responses insisting that their political beliefs are not better than others. If you really believe that, why did you respond to the post? The title of the post is just a tease...it got you to look. The item to be responded to is the above quote. So really only those who do believe their political beliefs are better than Elvis' should have responded at all.
__________________
indra is offline  
Old 01-29-2004, 09:35 AM   #68
The Fly
 
TheGenericPoet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 52
Local Time: 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra
Ok, ok, ok, I know I was only supposed to reply once and this is my second response, but it's really just more of a comment than a reply, so...

"Tell me why your political beliefs are better than mine."

Hmmm...interesting (to me anyway) how many people wrote responses insisting that their political beliefs are not better than others. If you really believe that, why did you respond to the post? The title of the post is just a tease...it got you to look. The item to be responded to is the above quote. So really only those who do believe their political beliefs are better than Elvis' should have responded at all.
Why? Human nature.
__________________
TheGenericPoet is offline  
Old 01-29-2004, 06:56 PM   #69
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zoney!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: six metro locations
Posts: 11,293
Local Time: 04:59 AM
Hahaha...

this is the opposite of that ABEL thread in Lemonade Stand called "ask a SMART question and get a STUPID answer."

__________________

__________________
zoney! is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com