Are your animals acting werid today? 1/6/6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-06-2006, 11:10 AM   #1
War Child
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: adrift on a breeze in Tennessee
Posts: 692
Local Time: 12:52 AM
Are your animals acting werid today? 1/6/6

So my two cats were overly affectionate this morning. Licking on my legs and jumping up on the counter while I was getting ready. And they kept meowing at me - plainly trying to get some type of attention.

Then I got to work and my coworker told me that her dog tried to get out of the house - which she never does - and her boyfriend called and told her that three of his coworkers dogs all tried to run away this morning too.

So what's up? I checked the weather and the earthquake websites and nothing looks like it could be the cause. They are talking snow - but in East Tennessee that could mean a heavy frost. [They tend to over react to snow forecasts around here]

Any input? Anyone else have animals acting weird today?
__________________

__________________
YellowKite is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 11:13 AM   #2
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2democrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England by way of 'Murica.
Posts: 22,140
Local Time: 04:52 AM
My cat's acting traumatized, but that's nothing too unusual because she is the epitome of a scaredy cat.
__________________

__________________
U2democrat is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 11:16 AM   #3
War Child
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: adrift on a breeze in Tennessee
Posts: 692
Local Time: 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
My cat's acting traumatized, but that's nothing too unusual because she is the epitome of a scaredy cat.
My younger cat is a scaredy cat too!
__________________
YellowKite is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 11:39 AM   #4
Refugee
 
Eliv8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: A Place Called San Diego
Posts: 1,842
Local Time: 09:52 PM
Re: Are your animals acting werid today? 1/6/6

Quote:
Originally posted by YellowKite
So my two cats were overly affectionate this morning. Licking on my legs and jumping up on the counter while I was getting ready. And they kept meowing at me - plainly trying to get some type of attention.

Then I got to work and my coworker told me that her dog tried to get out of the house - which she never does - and her boyfriend called and told her that three of his coworkers dogs all tried to run away this morning too.

So what's up? I checked the weather and the earthquake websites and nothing looks like it could be the cause. They are talking snow - but in East Tennessee that could mean a heavy frost. [They tend to over react to snow forecasts around here]

Any input? Anyone else have animals acting weird today?
Kind of strange. Where are you?
__________________
Eliv8 is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 11:49 AM   #5
War Child
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: adrift on a breeze in Tennessee
Posts: 692
Local Time: 12:52 AM
East Tennessee - specifically Knoxville Tennessee

Any ideas?
__________________
YellowKite is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 12:00 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,071
Local Time: 08:52 PM
In California, we think earthquake!
__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 01:35 PM   #7
Refugee
 
Eliv8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: A Place Called San Diego
Posts: 1,842
Local Time: 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
In California, we think earthquake!
Yea we would. Aside from that - No idea.
But to be safe you should spend the day under a table/desk.
__________________
Eliv8 is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 01:40 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict
 
the rockin edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: tomorrow's just an excuse away
Posts: 26,816
Local Time: 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
In California, we think earthquake!
isn't there a rather large fault around this area (TN) that hasn't been active for a long time?
__________________
the rockin edge is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 02:43 PM   #9
War Child
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: adrift on a breeze in Tennessee
Posts: 692
Local Time: 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Eliv8


Yea we would. Aside from that - No idea.
But to be safe you should spend the day under a table/desk.
Roger that!

Quote:
Originally posted by the rockin edge


isn't there a rather large fault around this area (TN) that hasn't been active for a long time?
I checked the earthquake website first. There is a local fault line. And there was an earthquake in Northeast Ohio last night.
So if the animals are reacting to that - then they were a little late! And do I give them credit for earthquakes too far away to matter here?
__________________
YellowKite is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 04:44 PM   #10
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 11:52 PM
Okay, I'm freaked out now. My dog escaped out of the backyard last night - not unusual in and of itself, she usually does it about once a year - but coupled with all this other animal weirdness?

And normally when she does it, she hangs around outside the fence till we come and get her. Last night, she seemed disoriented, and wandered off in the opposite direction.



I'm in sw Ontario.
__________________
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 04:47 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict
 
the rockin edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: tomorrow's just an excuse away
Posts: 26,816
Local Time: 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by YellowKite



I checked the earthquake website first. There is a local fault line. And there was an earthquake in Northeast Ohio last night.
So if the animals are reacting to that - then they were a little late! And do I give them credit for earthquakes too far away to matter here?
well maybe there's another one coming closer to your area i really don't know anything about this stuff
__________________
the rockin edge is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 04:51 PM   #12
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 08:52 PM
Re: Are your animals acting werid today? 1/6/6

Quote:
Originally posted by YellowKite
So my two cats were overly affectionate this morning. Licking on my legs and jumping up on the counter while I was getting ready. And they kept meowing at me - plainly trying to get some type of attention.
I will translate felinese to written english for you.

On 1/6/06

your kitties were telling you
that you forgot to feed them on 1/5/06

it is that simple.
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 05:56 PM   #13
Refugee
 
XHendrix24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,496
Local Time: 11:52 PM
Funnily enough, when I was driving home today I noticed a giant flock of birds flying through the sky at a rather brisk pace. I'm talking a few hundred birds here. So that kind of freaked me out a little bit.

Weird.
__________________
XHendrix24 is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 06:41 PM   #14
ONE
love, blood, life
 
JCOSTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: It's a very, very mad world.
Posts: 14,971
Local Time: 11:52 PM
This morning while getting the kids out to school, our dog jumped off our newly built porch...about 4ft. high. He then proceeded to run directly across to the neighbors house where they have a dog and stood on his hind legs at her door. Luckily, the door wasn't open, she would have died!!!!. I called him and then he came back!!!!
__________________
JCOSTER is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 09:32 PM   #15
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!
 
Carek1230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: wishing I was somewhere else....
Posts: 114,571
Local Time: 08:52 PM
I've been home all day today and the only thing I have noticed is that she is driving me nuts scratchign at the door or pacing by the doors to go out. I open the doors to let her out and she just stands there sniffing. She doesn't normally do that as frequently. Otherwise she has been rather quiet.
__________________

__________________
Carek1230 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com