Are you worthy of the gifts bestoewd upon you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well the free lunch we got at work wasn't THAT great. :wink:

Seriously, I'd need your question clarified a bit. Worthy of what gifts and why is this question posed in the War forum (ie. do you have some specific context in mind?).

Hi, btw! :)

wonders, why this in WAR forum?

I am a middle aged white man, living a charmed life.

I don't believe I have squandered my life.

I believe many get less than they should.

no.. and I know I live a blessed life so I try and give it back..but I've been given a hundred times over what I deserve but instead of feeling guilty about it ..my goal is to find ways to give that back and to use what I have to hopefully make things better..I dont always do the best job of it

No - but I think that that is a ongoing goal that you have to take your whole life to achieve. The goal here is to feel worthy of yourself and accept grace whenever you find it.

Dreadsox, I think I know where you're going with your question, but I think it could be phrased differently.:wink:

All of us are worthy of anything good which happens to us because we are all children of God or of the Universe (however you want to phrase that) and God/the Universe would only want good things to happen to us.

The important thing is: are we using the gifts that Life gives us in a way that helps and encourages others? Are we being selfish with our gifts or judgemental unfairly towards others? Do we spread or listen to rumors and negativity? Do we have jealousies and envies in our hearts? :ohmy:

The way we answer these questions will decide whether or not we are worthy of the gifts that Life bestows on us.

Since I am a positive person, I will say that I am worthy of the good that God brings into my life because I try to share my gifts with as many people as possible and that is all God wants. :hug:

Thought-provoking thread.

I'm glad you brought it up, Dreadsox.:up:

Of course I am! I'm actually worthy of more...and if anyone would like to help correct that, please send all gifts to me at.... :D

the real question is what the tilte of this thread means

/another FYM post

after all the crap God has put me through, I deserve some of the goodness in my life now. But even what I have today is more than I deserve.

I think the problem may be that some people in this world believe themselves to be more worthy than any or all others, and will resort to whatever deceitful or inhumane means they have to to maintain that self-deception.

We are all equal in God's eyes, but some humans certainly forget that

Maybe it all comes down to humility vs ego

Of course I am worthy! After all, the gifts have been bestowed, haven't they? And I don't believe in accidents.

The trick is to appreciate them while I have them (because I've learned - nothing is forever).

:dance:

Last edited:
I think it depends on what we call gifts. For example, I have worked very hard for the material items I have such as, my house and car. I have also sacrificed some aspects in my life so that I can have a roof over my head and food on my table, so I don't call those things gifts.
However, having the ability and health to work hard is a gift but, one which I have used in a positive way.
Basically, my point is, some gifts we may be worthy of and some we may not. I think it all comes down to how we use or gifts and share them with others.

For those who need clarification, I am taking a four year course of study about ministry. IN my reading for the lesson this past week, I ran across a line that made me think of this question.

I am thinking about my whole life, starting with the good fortune of being born in a country that has provided me with opportunities that may not be available to others in the world.

Starting my life here in my opinion gives me a head start compared to others who may be born into less fortunate circumstances.

Why am I deserving of this head start? This gift?

There are other examples of things I consider gifts or maybe even good fortune.

Why did I get this gift, and more importantly, have a squandered it?

I appreciate the wonderful thoughts people have put into this thread. Having started many political threads which tend to draw division lines in the sand, I must confess, I needed a thread like this.

Thanks to my FYM friends.

Dreadsox, the reason why you were born more fortunate than someone else in life is really a question only the Creator can answer. :ohmy:

The only important thing for you to do is to honor your gifts bestowed on you by living humbly, fairly and respectfully towards others and to simply DO ALL THAT YOU CAN TO UPLIFT THOSE IN OUR WORLD THAT ARE SUFFERING!

That's all God wants from us. :hug:

What about talents? Do you look at the skills you have, or your abilities as gifts?

Why are some people more gifted in some areas?

I'll answer this question in three forms . . .

1.) I didn't used to be, but now I am.

2.) I once was lost, but now I'm found.

3.) For if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old is gone, the new has come.

Everybody can give something back.

It is endless when you start to think about it.

The danger is inaction.

I believe personal giving of one's time is the most honorable.

Not to toot my own horn, in recent years circumstances have put me in a situation where I gave a lot of my time to elderly shutins.

They have passed on.

I think giving to children is very important.

It can change their lives, And the people they will have influence on.

I believe the biggest problem in the world is intolerance.

Back
Top Bottom