Are women really emancipated in this day and age?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foray

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Well, what do you think, women (and men)? I've been wondering about this a lot. I don't think most of us are. For instance, even countries like my own - Malaysia - thinks its women are free to do what they want without restrictions. The men think they are taking care of the women by advising them not to reveal their skin, thereby implying that a woman who was raped was asking for it. This is my own view, of course, since there are some Muslim women who are proud to wear their headscarves, as an expression of respect for their religion. But at the same time, I wonder if they are simply (blissfully) ignorant of the oppression that comes in the form of men dictating what women should wear. If a woman thinks she is free, is she really?

foray

I would not call a woman who is being dictated to free. There are too many women in the world who are being dictated to. This is happening to the women in Jean Sasson's "Princess Trilogy" about women in Saudi Arabia. Too many men in the U.S. want to dictate to women. I used to date a sexually abusive man, so this :censored: has happened to me. It sucks. :rant: :yell: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Back
Top Bottom