Are we safer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BVS

Blue Crack Supplier
Happy fourth of July weekend to all of you fellow Americans. Go out and celebrate! But be careful terrorist might attack. We don't know where, we don't know how, we know they use car bombs and attack teams so be on the lookout for anything suspicious. We're at orange, I mean red, no purple, oh it doesn't matter it's a color.

Why are we still getting these warnings? Never any specifics, never any news of blocked attacks. What's the point? Is it to make us feel like all the hoopla over the "homeland security" means something? Why tell us? To up the sales in water and duct tape?

If you have true evidence then do something and tell us when you catch the terrorist. Don't tell us vague shit that we already know. But then again you had evidence before and did nothing about it...so why?

Why do we have these warnings? And why does the media still "report" these vague, uninformative, bullshit warnings?

Because we have 24 hour news networks and they're clamoring for things to report on. Scary government agitprop makes them happy, because then they don't have to report on boring human interest stories.

Melon

nbcrusader said:
And we bitch and moan when we don't get warnings or are not spending money to prevent another attack....

I haven't heard any moaning about not getting warnings...it's just that these vague warnings don't help anyone. Would any of us in here not report suspicious behavior if there wasn't a warning. Oh I saw a trunk packed with C4 but you know what they didn't give us a warning for this weekend so it must not be anything to worry about. Spend all the money and take all the neccesary precautions in order to prevent another attack. But don't give us some bullshit warnings about there may be an attack on this date we can't tell you where or how, just be on the lookout. This is just to remind you that you are vulnerable so you get a little scared and once July 5th comes around and you're still alive you feel like something must have been done.

candorville2004070149414.gif

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I haven't heard any moaning about not getting warnings...

The weeks after 9/11 were filled with complaints of "why were we not told of the potential for danger". The expectation was set that if there was any "chatter" about potential terrorist strikes - the public should know.

It was easier when Islamic terrorists preyed on other countries. We could all live in ignorant bliss.

Another attack is inevitable, the other sure bet is that it will be blamed on Bush rather than the terrorists.

A_Wanderer said:
Another attack is inevitable, the other sure bet is that it will be blamed on Bush rather than the terrorists.
Another attack inevitable? I'm not sure.

If it does happen will it be blamed on Bush? Absolutely the tightening of borders has not been established, he's created new reasons for recruitment by terrorrist, our military is stretched far too thin, and we've all but forgot about Bin Laden. If something happens people are going to ask what really has changed since 9/ 11? Except for the patriot act (what a fine piece of legislature) and these stupid color coded warning systems nothing has changed here. There are still handguns being snuck on to airplanes, people shipping themselves, I haven't seen one significant thing done here in the states since 911.

A_Wanderer:
If we take a look how 9/11 could hapen (multiple failures of the american secret services) we will analyze if the CIA/FBI & Co are working better now.
Fighting terrorism is primarily the job of these institutions, not of the military.

Klaus said:
A_Wanderer:
If we take a look how 9/11 could hapen (multiple failures of the american secret services) we will analyze if the CIA/FBI & Co are working better now.
Fighting terrorism is primarily the job of these institutions, not of the military.

The CIA/FBI did not have the capability to invade Afghanistan and remove the Taliban and Al Quada from power there. The Military is vital to the war on terrorism. There are more US troops in Afghanistan now than at any other time since 9/11!

I heard Tom Ridge talking on this subject today. What strikes me is the defeatist tone. "another attack will happen, probably in November, so be afraid (of martial law)."

What happened to "we're watching the suspects and will work to prevent any such attack?"

Back
Top Bottom