Arafat Dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I find it interesting that he flew to France (a hotspot for anti-semitisim) for treatment and the big military procession. Anybody know what Chirac's statement was about his death?

namkcuR said:
A_Wanderer, you make me ill. You sit there all smug, suggesting we drink to celebrate the death of another human. Do you realize how wrong that is? The death of another human is never a good thing, it is always an unfortunate, sad occurance. I'm not defending any of the deaths occured because of Arafat, I'm really not. But you oversimplify things to the point of absuridity. There was a hallmark tribute because a lot of people in different parts of the world respected Arafat, and some people like to honor the loss of a life that meant something to a large amount of people. If you hear nothing else, hear this: You do NOT celebrate the loss life, period. No details matter, not even who the deceased person is. You don't celebrate death. If the majority of people in the USA had your mentality of having a drink in the name of Arafat's death, I would have no choice but to think that civilization had started its decline.

If Al-Zarqawi died today, would you be all uppity and upset if someone was happy that he died? Cause you know damn well that people would be thinking "Hooray! We got a terrorist leader!" I saw nobody shedding tears when Saddam got caught, or when his sons were killed.

Would you not be pleased if Osama bin Laden showed up on CNN with a hole through his skull?

Please tell me what is the difference between Yasser Arafat and the Husseins or Bin Laden.

What sickens me is the fact that the CBC is covering this like a Prime Minister had died. Showing live coverage of the body leaving France, live coverage of the body arriving in Ramallah, the top story is how "touching" (their words, not mine) the funeral was.

Why the fuck are we sending major dignitaries to this guy's funeral?? The Foreign Affairs minister of Canada went, for christ's sakes! Doesn't that tacitly condone his actions? Doesn't that imply support for terrorism?!?

Israel has a right to exist. Anyone who thinks otherwise knows nothing about history. The Israelites were there since at LEAST 1500 BC. How long has the Palestinian state been around? And no you can't count the Roman "Palestine", because it was a Roman name applied to a Jewish state. So how long has Palestine been an actual Arab country? Since 1919. That's right, Palestine was an official nation for less than 30 years. It was created after World War I when the Allies carved up the old Ottoman Empire. There was a Jewish state (although not necessarily a nation, per se) there in the Levant until the Turks arrived and expelled all the Jews and killed them outright before the Crusades.

What does NOT have a historical right to exist, is Palestine. Half the damn country was part of Jordan and Egypt anyways for decades. The rest is Jewish. Always has been, probably always will be.

However, the only way that this conflict will possibly be resolved to a peaceful means will be to give the Palestinians a state. Give them Gaza. There's Palestine. It's essentially the same territory that made up ancient Philistia, which is where the name "Palestine" came from once the Romans came along.

That's what I say. Those who don't like it, they won't ever be happy until Israel is completely gone and the Jews are expelled once again, which will never happen. That means that there will never be peace in the Middle East in that case. And that's a damn shame.

wolfwill23 said:
I find it interesting that he flew to France (a hotspot for anti-semitisim) for treatment and the big military procession. Anybody know what Chirac's statement was about his death?

Here's part of it:

Chirac, who had visited Arafat days before his death,
called him a "man of courage and conviction who, for 40 years, has incarnated the Palestinians' combat for recognition of their national rights."

an observation:

if the Palestinians want a state so badly, why can't they even hold a decent state funeral for their leader first?

my advice, c'mon ppl get it together.

db9

Last edited:
From the pix I saw on a news website it looks like France practically gave him a state funeral. WTF? There's something pretty uncool about that in my judgment.

Last edited:
:madspit: Murderer Arraphat celebrated many people's deaths including the bus him and his murderous gang hijacked and then tortured and killed all of its occupants, mostly children. Then it was on to his celebrating (after causing) the deaths of Israeli athletes at the Olympics....

Where are the protests and outrage from the left about Arafat's glorification?

Let's face it, the guy invented terrorism. But oh yeah, president Bush is worse. I forgot.

Well let's get started in the Terrorfat memorial, I suppose the moment that I will never forget is that time that Terrorfat was telling the little children that they should want to be shahids when they grew up was touching, I really believed that he cared for the next generation and faith in their ability to wipe the Israelis out in acts of genocidal terror. And who can forget when he decided to back Saddam Hussein in the Gulf War, even when the Gulf States were opposed Terrorfat took a stand with the other side. He also managed to unite the world by fostering the greatest degree of Jew hatred in the second half of the 20th Century, could anybody else imagine a world where Skinheads and Theofascists were not able to get along; it was Terrorfat that made that possible, brought that hateful union together.

Thankyou Yasser Terrorfat, you taught me so much about the world - your leadership showed me that the world loves a terrorist if he murders enough Jews and Americans and has prepared me for the day when Osama Bin Laden is given a special adress to the UN. So wherever you are rest assured your dreams remain the dreams of millions and they will not rest until they are achieved, or of course they are where you are.

Last edited:
:wave: Wanderer, I'll join U -- and millions and millions of others -- in our liquid toast to the thank God Almighty at-last death of ugly Arraphat the Murdering Terrorist! :drool:

Exellent, it's a veritable party; if I may be so bold and use the ancient Jewish holiday slogan with a slight adjustment.

"they tried to kill us — we won — lets drink!"

Now this isn't bad taste, dancing shoes perhaps but drinking to good health and general good times is not.

Last edited:
Well, this leftie, while she thinks it's a bit creepy to celebrate anyone's death, hasn't shed any tears over it.

I think that a peace process, and perhaps even a future with Israel and a Palestinian state coexisting peacefully, is much more imminent without Arafat in the picture.

Back
Top Bottom