Arafat and AIDS, theory grows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2democrat said:
:hmm:

I wonder if we'll ever know the truth.

I doubt it. If he did indeed have AIDS, which I don't see why we should necessarily completely rule out, there's no way this will ever be disclosed in public, considering the whole social/political/religious environment he was in.

Last edited:
it is sad and telling that AIDS is so directly linked with homosexuality in that article.

the plausability of that link is likely very dependant on culture, but still...

It is unfortunate that they are linking AIDS and homosexuality in the article. It's the whole deal about a good sex story selling. That seems to be true all over the world, not just in our hedonistic society.

Ya, I don't think the article is implying this, just that is what the islamic community would think,

Obviously there are some geographic areas where it is still a gay thing, but world wide, it's definitely a hetero thing.

MadelynIris said:
Ya, I don't think the article is implying this, just that is what the islamic community would think,

Obviously there are some geographic areas where it is still a gay thing, but world wide, it's definitely a hetero thing.

HIV isn't solely spread through sexual contact, so it's neither a 'gay thing' or a 'hetero thing'. It's a devastating virus with huge amount of stigma attached to it.

Back on topic, Arafat was 75 years old. Isn't it possible he simply died of natural causes?

The Gay Devil is demised!

It is widely believed in Arabic Gay groups and GLBT organizations that Arraphat -- a Gay homophobe like former fellow Gay homphobe hypocrite F.B.I. Director J. Edgar Hoover -- did, in fact, have AIDS. Listen, his own wife Su-Ha wisely didn't even see him in four (4) years!!!! much less do the "wild thing" w/ it. So, Arraphat must have been doin' something (ugly and disgusting as he wuz). :madspit:

Anyway, there's bad in every group and, at best, Arraphat was bi! :mad:

Last edited:
Actually, I don't give a damn what Arafat's sexual preference was. I care about his political stuff. Sexual preference, to me, is not a major determinant in the grand scheme of things.

U2democrat said:
Bono convinced Jesse Helms that AIDS is NOT a "gay plague", if only the rest of the world could understand that too.
I don't think calling it a "gay plague" is right, because many straight people are also responsible for the spread of the disease. I just hope that our country will never have the nightmare of being hit with it as hard as Africa is right now. :(

Did Arraphat die of AIDS?

U2 Democrat said:
I did know that.
Okay, that's good! U2D had me 'worried' for a moment. :eyebrow:
Yesss, besides being an anti-Gay Gay (which =is= crazy), it was reported that J. Edgar was also a bit crayzee. I don't know about that but it is Gayly confirmed that he did do "drag", too! "She" must have looked like a pink elephant! :wink:

For more on a BONO fave, Diana ROSS & The SUPREMES, visit:

www.STONEWALLvets.org/songsofStonewall-6.htm

Last edited:
AIDS transcends sexual orientation!

Macfistowannabe said:
I don't think calling it a "gay plague" is right, because many straight people are also responsible for the spread of the disease.:(
M.F. Wannabe:
U-2-D was correctly quoting a perjorative and misleading term that was widely used throughout the 1980s to ludicrously "blame" Gay people for AIDS. That's analogous to "blaming" heterosexuals for Gays! Most everyone -- except, I guess, U -- knows that AIDS is now mostly prevalent among heterosexuals. There are endless worldwide statistics backing up that fact. We all agree, I trust, that AIDS is a horrible and unforntunate disease for everyone, regardless of their sexual orientation. :sad:

Last edited:
AIDS!

BonoVoxSupastar said:
It's not going to work, you're speaking to someone who still thinks "gays caused Aids."

Firstly, let's lower the ignorance: It's "AIDS", not "aids". It's an acronym for Acquired Immune Deficiency Disease not a synonym for medical assistants.

Secondly, actually, I wasn't speaking 2 U, trust me.

Lastly, there are people who believe that AIDS was caused by men having sex with monkeys. There are others who believe AIDS was caused by that Republican airline pilot who flew back and forth to Haiti. And, yes, some no doubt think that AIDS was conceived from anal sex started in a men's room stall after a BONO concert. Your ignorant comment is clearly an intended deep insult to the namesake of this site: BONO, who has done so much to help against AIDS, educate for prevention and fight the stigma of AIDS. Shame on U! It's obvious from prior posts throughout this board that virtually and fortunately no one here cares what U think -- especially on this subject! :madspit:

A proverb, however, does come to mind: "The lady doth protest too much". :wink:

Last edited:
HIV isn't solely spread through sexual contact

Transfusions, birth, and what else?

I don't know the percentages, but it's got to be at least 90/10. It's definitely considered a STD is it not?

Mark

Re: AIDS transcends sexual orientation!

Stonewall said:

"M.F." Wannabe:
U-2-D was correctly quoting a perjorative and misleading term that was widely used throughout the 1980s toludicrously blame Gays for AIDS. That's analogous to blaming Heterosexuals for Gays! Most everyone -- except, I guess, U -- knows that AIDS is now mostly prevalent now among heterosexuals. There are endless statistics backing up that fact. We all agree, I trust, that AIDS is a horrible and unforntunate disease for everyone, regardless of their sexual orientation. :sad:
I did say that heterosexuals are also responsible. Didn't you read my post?

Re: AIDS!

Stonewall said:

Firstly, let's lower the ignorance: It's "AIDS", not "aids". It's an acronym for Acquired Immune Deficiency Disease not a synonym for medical assistants.

Secondly, actually, I wasn't speaking 2 U, trust me.

Yes I misspelled it, thanks for the spelling lesson. And I know who you were speaking to. I wasn't speaking for myself in that post. That's why it's in quotes.

The Romanian intelligence cheif said as much about a year back, the fish was playing too many games of find the pickle with his body guards and wound up with a new ailment. Frankly the only thing that really matters here is that if Arafat is discredited completely among the Palestinians the appeal of a new style of leadership could go up.

At the end of the day he's still dead and I don't care much what the reason is. :|

ummm, "The Sunday Times" is a Perth newspaper ie where I'm from. Here it's referred to as "The Sundry Slimes". I can't bear to read whatever it is you have linked.

I can't believe you can read this stuff from all the way over there. :sad:

Welcome to the internet. How embarrasment :|

Last edited:
I'm not really back. I'm just horrified that our local rag is cracking a mention on the internet.

I guess thats the draw back. Anyone can publish anything on the internet and anyone can read it :crack:

PS I'm fine.

Back
Top Bottom