Apparently gay people are not allowed to be Irish either....Ughhhh!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It really surprises me that some Irish people, especially older ones, seem to have forgotten the discrimination they were subjected to- "no Irish need apply" and worse than that. Somehow that doesn't factor into what they are doing now to others.

This parade crap happened in Boston too, I think it even went to court. But there are still people who aren't like that- an article I read over the weekend said that a gay rights group was at the parade w/ petitions etc re gay marriage and they said they were treated well (except for a few glares or whatever) and that many people signed the petition. Hopefully the younger generations will change things for the better.

It really surprises me that some Irish people, especially older ones, seem to have forgotten the discrimination they were subjected to-

People seem to forget things like this.. And I really wonder how come?? For instance, I'm Italian and I think more or less everyone around know about the fact that Italians went all around the world during the dark periods my country faced in the past.

Now Italy has become the "promise land" for a lot of immigrants and it seems that we are capable just to treat them as we were treated in the past: bad words, intolerance, discrimination, violence...

Back
Top Bottom