Appalled by 51% of Americans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronan2standstil

The Fly
If the predictions prove correct and Bush is indeed re-elected, I would just like to say I am disgusted with the 51% of Americans that voted for him. You clearly have no concept of humane policies, of equal rights for homosexuals, of funding for AIDS in Africa, of the need for bilateral not unilateral military action in the world's troublespots, and you don't care about yuor fellow citizens who are less well off than you.

I know the 51% don't care about the opinions of the rest of the world, but you need to know that we in Ireland and Britain, and most people in the rest of the world are truly sickened by your decision to re-elect this ignorant, homophobic rednecked moron who just loves to kill innocent people for kicks and glories in the isolation that he is imposing on his nation. I have to say those Americans I have talked to this morning are equally disgusted, some of them have already faced verbal abuse as a result of yesterday's vote, and I really believe that U2 should call off their US tour in protest. Yes, its unfair on the 49%, yes its unfair on people who can't vote, but America has spoken, and its time for them to face some consequences. You have a wanker for a President, and the majority of your voting population are bigots. You don't deserve U2. I know they won't call off the tour, but this will never stop me wishing that they did.

God help the world, the remaining decent Americans for God's sake start looking for a job in Canada or Europe, your country has abandoned you.

Thanks. We don't have nearly enough threads in this forum where foreigners berate 51% of Americans for being idiots.

[/sarcasm]

Ronan2standstil said:
the majority of your voting population are bigots. You don't deserve U2.

I am NOT a republican, nor do I support George W. Bush. HOWEVER, I think that is an extremely unfair comment. Many of the people who I know who did vote for Bush do NOT agree with his stance on the war, homesexuality, etc. There are other issues with which the presidency deals that are perhaps less sensational and therefore do not get the same sort of attention from international press. Again, I'm not happy that Bush seems to have won the election. I think it sucks. But I also think that this is an extremely unfair generalization. And U2 is like grace... it's not about deserving their music. Who knows, maybe some of us even need them.

Peace.

It doesn't surprise me that Bush will be re-elected...If your hear/see too much Americans "think" about what USA is doing in the world...It's a sad thing if they/we would be going back into time for 4 more years...
Especially for the civilians of the countries under it's represion...
G*ddamn...

P.S.: sorry for bad english

Last edited:
It shocks the hell out of me.

If you choose a president for strictly moral issues, and don't even take into account the millions of jobs lost, and, more importantly, lives lost due to a war he started based on lies, then go right on ahead. The more our country votes this way, the more we're going to run ourselves into the ground. :down:

Ronan2standstil said:
If the predictions prove correct and Bush is indeed re-elected, I would just like to say I am disgusted with the 51% of Americans that voted for him. You clearly have no concept of humane policies, of equal rights for homosexuals, of funding for AIDS in Africa, of the need for bilateral not unilateral military action in the world's troublespots, and you don't care about yuor fellow citizens who are less well off than you.

I know the 51% don't care about the opinions of the rest of the world, but you need to know that we in Ireland and Britain, and most people in the rest of the world are truly sickened by your decision to re-elect this ignorant, homophobic rednecked moron who just loves to kill innocent people for kicks and glories in the isolation that he is imposing on his nation. I have to say those Americans I have talked to this morning are equally disgusted, some of them have already faced verbal abuse as a result of yesterday's vote, and I really believe that U2 should call off their US tour in protest. Yes, its unfair on the 49%, yes its unfair on people who can't vote, but America has spoken, and its time for them to face some consequences. You have a wanker for a President, and the majority of your voting population are bigots. You don't deserve U2. I know they won't call off the tour, but this will never stop me wishing that they did.

God help the world, the remaining decent Americans for God's sake start looking for a job in Canada or Europe, your country has abandoned you.

:applaud: :applaud:

Like Rome once fall, we are seeing now the beginning of the American Empire fall. I'm sure that's how this date will be remembered in history.

nbcrusader said:
Please no more idiot posts.

Actually, on second thought maybe we do need a thread where scores of people can express their utter depravity.

Props to all the Kerry voters in this forum who are handling the result of the election with complete class.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
It shocks the hell out of me.

If you choose a president for strictly moral issues, and don't even take into account the millions of jobs lost, and, more importantly, lives lost due to a war he started based on lies, then go right on ahead. The more our country votes this way, the more we're going to run ourselves into the ground. :down:

I agree 100%. I think another problem lies with the inverse counterpart to this mindset. The people who, for whatever reason, vote for Bush based on economic policy may, even though they disagree at a fundamental level, ingnore his social policies. Either way, it's a compromise I don't understand. The problem with this election seems to be that while the democrats still voted the way they did in 2000, the numbers remained the same. The Republicans, however, seemed to have mobilized a greater number of voters. So it may just be an issue of the number of people actually voting. Bush has been very good about mobilizing people along religious/moral lines that normally would have seen his economic policies as an affront to their own values. :tsk:

I'll agree this is not a bright moment in US history. But I don't see us rubbing your nose in any of Ireland's past troubles, either. I don't see why you would be so venemous and go as far as to say that none of us deserve U2....

This kinda stuff needs to stop.

Last edited:
Thanks for your insensitive remarks, you make it sound as if 51% of Americans are totally clueless regarding the issues you mentioned. Well it turns out, we're not. I do not support much of what President Bush does, but there are some issues that take a precendent (spelling?). You can't simply weigh your voting on those issues alone, and you can't simply weigh each issue equally either. In my mind, you must take into account all the issues, and then weigh them in regard to their importance. In my mind, issues like Abortion and Freedom of Religion (which, believe it or not IS at stake, I'm part of the Catholic Church and I know what could happen) are of greatest importance. I'm sorry if you don't agree with me, and I definitely understand where you're coming from on many of these issues, but to call us bigots and say that we don't deserve U2's music says something about you, not about us.

I voted for Kerry, but I believe that the right person won the election. I believe that things always happen for a reason. I'm not against Bush. I just didn't agree with some things. However, I never took too fondly to Kerry, so, I'm really not sad. Just concerned.

I believe this is actually a good thing and an opportunity for our country that Bush got reelected. If not, then hopefully there will be a better democrat candidate next time.

And this is coming from the most Republican state in the U.S.

Oh, and I think it's very immature to say that 51% of Americans are idiots and that the U.S. doesn't deserve U2, like U2 is such a prize. I doubt U2 could possibly bring themselves to stay away. $$$$ Anyway, we're not all that bad.

Last edited:
Ronan2standstil said:

Were disgusted with you, shut your pie hole

I don't think that half the american population are bigots...:no:

Your problem is that you have a Party-system and an election-system that sucks because it isn't adapted to modern society...:tsk:

Look at all other democratic countries and try to name one with just two major parties, I mean of course that must make it hard to agree with a candidate on all issues. :tsk:

However I think you made a bad choice...but that's a completley different story....:sexywink:

starsgoblue said:
I'll agree this isn't nessacarily a bright moment in US history. But I don't see us rubbing your nose in any of Ireland's past troubles, either.

This kinda stuff needs to stop.

I see the USA "rubbing their nose" on Iraq, Afhganistan, Nicaragua, Chile (Allende episode), Venezuela (Chavez episode), Brazil (during the dictature), Cuba, Palestina, Iran etc.

"Great America" always rub the nose where there's something to gain. Be it money or more power.

The US don't rub the nose on NI cause they won't gain nothing there... where's the petrol?

And don't rub that stinky nose in Africa... cause there the ppl only need HELP and doesn't have any money/petrol to give...

i honestly am sort of ashamed to be american. outside from my personal views, bush's victory negates entire theories in political science and electoral theory. none of this makes any sense to me.

Lemonboy said:

Your problem is that you have a Party-system and an election-system that sucks because it isn't adapted to modern society...:tsk:

Look at all other democratic countries and try to name one with just two major parties, I mean of course that must make it hard to agree with a candidate on all issues. :tsk:

Well, people got upset with Ralph Nader this time around because they thought he'd lose the election for Kerry...

May God help us all. The 51% of Americans who voted for W will live to regret their decision. And people like me, who live in NYC, will be the ones who pay for their ignorance.

AJ

Lemonboy said:

However I think you made a bad choice...but that's a completley different story....:sexywink:

We have no problem. Americans are very conservative and religion, and religion is NOT a problem. I don't know any religious bigots. Of course, I live in a very great state with a very great religious group.

U2_Guy said:

I see the USA "rubbing their nose" on Iraq, Afhganistan, Nicaragua, Chile (Allende episode), Venezuela (Chavez episode), Brazil (during the dictature), Cuba, Palestina, Iran etc.

"Great America" always rub the nose where there's something to gain. Be it money or more power.

The US don't rub the nose on NI cause they won't gain nothing there... where's the petrol?

And don't rub that stinky nose in Africa... cause there the ppl only need HELP and doesn't have any money/petrol to give...

We are great people, and we do great things in Africa.

U2Traveller said:

We have no problem. Americans are very conservative and religion, and religion is NOT a problem. I don't know any religious bigots. Of course, I live in a very great state with a very great religious group.

So when does Ken Jennings run for governor?

speedracer said:

So when does Ken Jennings run for governor?

Who's Ken Jennings?

We just got a new governor, and like seems to be the trend with me, I didn't vote for him, but I'm content with him. They were BOTH very good and upstanding competitors and it was a very good, clean, and amicable race.

Last edited:
This thread is making me sick, and to hear some of the responses. GEEZZZZZZZZ HAWK269 get a clue

Ronan2standstil said:

Thanks for your words my friend. You represented how people here in South America and other parts of the world are feeling now. I really hope Bush empire will fall and U.S people gives peace a chance by stop believing in such criminals like George Bush.

No More :heart: ( Bono, Sunday Bloody Sunday )

U2Traveller said:

I take this as irony rather than denial....:wink:

But saying there isn't a problem is the largest problem of all....

Lemonboy said:

I take this as irony rather than denial....:wink:

But saying there isn't a problem is the largest problem of all....

It's just your opinion. Remember that. People seem to forget that there is a lot of other people in this world with very different opinions from your own.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

May I ask where you're from?

And I'm sorry, but please allow Hawk269 his opinion. He lives in NY and I think he has every right to feel the way that he does.

no he doesnt, when you write something like this

"May God help us all. The 51% of Americans who voted for W will live to regret their decision. And people like me, who live in NYC, will be the ones who pay for their ignorance."

he's calling all Bush voters ignorant, and he is assuming for some stupid reason that NY is going to get hit first with some attack, I love the attitude of americans, it sucks, listen to yourselves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom