Appalled by 51% of Americans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
starsgoblue said:
I'll agree this is not a bright moment in US history. But I don't see us rubbing your nose in any of Ireland's past troubles, either. I don't see why you would be so venemous and go as far as to say that none of us deserve U2....

This kinda stuff needs to stop.

:up:

U2Traveller said:

It's just your opinion. Remember that. People seem to forget that there is a lot of other people in this world with very different opinions from your own.

I agree...I think that America has done a bad choice but hey I am not american so that's not my problem....But the Problem with Bush is that he is a conqueror which once again makes it my problem....

Lemonboy said:

But the Problem with Bush is that he is a conqueror which once again makes it my problem....

Are you from Syria, Iran or North Korea?

Lemonboy said:

I agree...I think that America has done a bad choice but hey I am not american so that's not my problem....But the Problem with Bush is that he is a conqueror which once again makes it my problem....

I don't know what Bush is. I think I'm willing to give him four more years to find out. Perhaps he's learned something. If not, he can't run again. I just hope the next election there are better candidates all around. I thought Kerry was pretty sucky as well.

U2_Guy said:

And don't rub that stinky nose in Africa... cause there the ppl only need HELP and doesn't have any money/petrol to give...

If you had one single clue as to where my heart and my passions lie, there is no way you would have said that to me, of all people.

Stop this. You're arguing with someone who is just as dissapointed and unhappy with this outcome. But you are making this personal and there's a big difference there.

Last edited:
U2Traveller said:

I don't know what Bush is. I think I'm willing to give him four more years to find out. Perhaps he's learned something. If not, he can't run again. I just hope the next election there are better candidates all around. I thought Kerry was pretty sucky as well.

Once again I agree with you....

I miss Bill Clinton...

By electing the monkey Bush once again, the 51% of idiots, dumbs, rednecks etc have given approval to Bush's conquerer methods.

Get ready, ROW, we will have much "more of the same".

Where is Lee Osvald when he is most needed...

Well said about Africa...once there 's found oil enough in central Africa...
they will go and help these peoples:|

Originally posted by speedracer

Actually, on second thought maybe we do need a thread where scores of people can express their utter depravity.

Originally posted by U2_Guy

Where is Lee Osvald when he is most needed...

Sweet.

It's a shame that the intelligent, smart, the good America (both West and East coast) suffers with the decision of the ignorants...

Life is unfair, right kids...

Headache in a Suitcase said:
proud to be the object of someone's disgust :wave:

Wait, I thought only Southern rednecks who marry their sisters voted for Bush.

Lemonboy said:

Can you say pat-ro-nize? Sure you can!

Again, Pro-Kerry here. But it is unjust and uncalled for to lump all Bush supporters in one category. That said, the democratic party could use greater unity to match that of the republican party. Too many interest groups make it difficult for people to identify across the board. So if Republicans can make an appeal to just one of those interest groups, it would take away a large number of votes from the democrats and essentially ruin them. We need a unified vision.

Lemonboy said:
I don't think that half the american population are bigots...:no:

Your problem is that you have a Party-system and an election-system that sucks because it isn't adapted to modern society...:tsk:

This is the problem. There really weren't any decent choices, we had to pick between two unsavory characters. I am not a fan of Bush, but I don't see Kerry as any improvement. Just because he wasn't Bush doesn't make him better than Bush. I never understood all the anti-war people flocking to him. He never said he'd end the war, in fact, he mentioned being over there at least another 5 years! Homosexual marriage? I heard Kerry clearly state in a debate, and repeat, that 'marriage is between a man and a woman.' Jobs? They come and go regardless of who's in office. It's more of a society thing than a political one. It's no politician's fault. Kerry was not the answer most of you seem to think he was, just another problem waiting to happen. His high taxes would have crippled many struggling families and businesses. Hopefully in the future, there will be somebody worthy of our votes, we didn't get that this time.

But to say we don't deserve U2 is dumber than anything I heard in the campaign!

Last edited:
Hey i didn't vote for Bush. But i have nothing against the people that did. Some of my good friends either voted for him or wanted him to win. I don't think the world is going to end because Bush is probably going to win. I just hope (against all odds) that he won't.
And I would be mad if U2 called off the US tour. Plus, i thought they did get funding for AIDS from Bush, i dont know, someone correct me if i'm wrong.

PennyPyro said:
Hey i didn't vote for Bush. But i have nothing against the people that did. Some of my good friends either voted for him or wanted him to win. I don't think the world is going to end because Bush is probably going to win. I just hope (against all odds) that he won't.
And I would be mad if U2 called off the US tour. Plus, i thought they did get funding for AIDS from Bush, i dont know, someone correct me if i'm wrong.

:yes:

I'm suddenly reminded why I never post in FYM. It's incredibly frustrating. People, myself included, are very difficult to persuade, and things often degenerate into personal attacks. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone. But I just think that we need to notice some of the gray area instead of insisting on absolutes.

Funny things... looks to me like even the democrats who voted for Bush are kinda pro-Bush too...

Maybe we foreigners are wrong about that 51% percentage of...

Maybe they all deserve him.

U2Kitten said:

This is the problem. There really weren't any decent choices, we had to pick between two unsavory characters. I am not a fan of Bush, but I don't see Kerry as any improvement. Just because he wasn't Bush doesn't make him better than Bush. I never understood all the anti-war people flocking to him. He never said he'd end the war, in fact, he mentioned being over there at least another 5 years! Homosexual marriage? I heard Kerry clearly state in a debate, and repeat, that 'marriage is between a man and a woman.' Jobs? They come and go regardless of who's in office. It's more of a society thing than a political one. It's no politician's fault. Kerry was not the answer most of you seem to think he was, just another problem waiting to happen. Hopefully in the future, there will be somebody worthy of our votes, we didn't get that this time.

But to say we don't deserve U2 is dumber than anything I heard in the campaign!

Exactly. It was the tale of two evils. That's exactly how I felt about Kerry...just another problem waiting to happen.

I voted for Kerry but my extended family voted for Bush. I couldn't sway them...and no, I don't think they're idiots. I see they have good reasons to vote for Bush, too.

UnforgettableLemon said:

But it is unjust and uncalled for to lump all Bush supporters in one category

I very much agree and I have already stated that. I only thought that you were lumping all the people in this thread into one category as well...

But I still think there should be a broader variety of parties. This would make it easier for the general public to find a party to whose issues they can agree. Because as it is now the issues are to narrow.

PennyPyro said:
Good points, U2 kitten...now i wish i had seen the debates.

Thanks. And Bush and congress (he can't do it alone) DID approve several billion $ for AIDS in Africa!

And thanks U2Traveller too.

Last edited:
U2_Guy said:
Funny things... looks to me like even the democrats who voted for Bush are kinda pro-Bush too...

Maybe we foreigners are wrong about that 51% percentage of...

Maybe they all deserve him.

The democrats who voted for Bush are pro-Bush? Well, duh!

Lemonboy said:

I very much agree and I have already stated that. I only thought that you were lumping all the people in this thread into one category as well...

No, I was referring to specific posters, but even that is risky business. I hate FYM. I hate the person I become when discussing politics. I want to be a hermit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom