apology

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
Uh, I don't quite know where to put this post. I'd like to apologize for my overly heated notes about the controversy over France and its Iraq policy. I am part French, my favorite historian (Marc Bloch) was French, ad infinitum, but that's really no excuse for me to pitch duckfits over the controversy. I don't always handle controversy well. I've written some really silly notes. Sorry. :reject: :eek: :eek:

Is there a specific thread you are talking about? I could merge this into that thread........... ? :)

Sicy said:
Is there a specific thread you are talking about? I could merge this into that thread........... ? :)

Not really, Sicy. They've all been in this forum, but they've been mixed up in various and sundry threads. I just won't post any more notes about the French controversy. That should make everyone happy, including me. I'll just keep my damn trap shut. There! Voila!

c'est bon. pour moi, je pense que ce n'est pas importante. Vous ?tes gentil et je suis en accord avec beaucoup de votre pensees. :)

Thanks! I'm just exasperated with the pettiness of the whole thing. It's so dumb to blame every French man, woman and child for what the damn government is doing. I wish the U.S. politicians would do their jobs and run the country and stop turning my country's politics into Trivial Pursuit For the Idiot. It's no time for that now. :madspit: :mad: :censored: :censored:
*off to write irate e-mails to Congress*

bonosloveslave said:
What's so funny? :mad: Me no speaka frencha. :|

Don't worry about it verte :hug:

I thought I understood French. But it occurs to me that I don't know what's funny either. I guess I don't understand it.

I just thought it was funny that she replied in French, not what she said.

Though, just for the record, what she said was "It's okay. To me, I don't think it's very important. You are nice (polite) and I agree with a lot of your thoughts." Or something like that. It's been six years since I had French!

Uh, it's been ten years since I had any French. But I still read it on French web sites that I link to my medieval studies site. You cannot study the Middle Ages and leave France out. Some of these French-bashing people probably think the Middle Ages means menopause.

Last edited:
what meggie said. :D I thot since I am living in a French-speaking country at the moment and all, I should try to use my feeble skills. hehe.

Omigosh, it's seven freaking years since I studied French! And I still understood that sentence, lol :) I'd really love to learn another language again, maybe try to re-learn French, or I always thought it'd be cool to learn Spanish. And who else thinks it'd be amazing to learn Latin? (Yes, I'm a nerd :p)

OMG, I studied Latin in school, but the noun cases drove me up a wall, and I never learned them. I would have loved to learn it; you can't go to grad school in medieval history unless you're fluent in Latin. Alas, that was the big issue that came between me and grad school.
Damn. :censored:

It's Okay, Verte76. These are very trying times for the world, and many people are worried, confused, scared, and frustrated to the edge of their ability to cope. It's natural that people break down under these circumstances. I'm at that point myself. Now, to relieve some of that pressure, let's all go throw some wine bottles at our universal beacon of French resentment err i mean of Freedom: The Statue of Liberty!:confused:

elfyx said:
It's Okay, Verte76. These are very trying times for the world, and many people are worried, confused, scared, and frustrated to the edge of their ability to cope. It's natural that people break down under these circumstances. I'm at that point myself. Now, to relieve some of that pressure, let's all go throw some wine bottles at our universal beacon of French resentment err i mean of Freedom: The Statue of Liberty!:confused:

Thanks. I'm frustrated, angry, worried.......about the damn war, about the economy, I'm sick of all the corruption and greed and stuff that's going on all over. I'm fed up with all the hate and pettiness. :madspit: :mad: :censored: :censored: :scream: :scream:

verte,
I do not think you the need for making the compensation. I did not find anything to roll up in your remarks

I just thought I'd mention that I've written my Congressman and Senators protesting the anti-France campaign in Washington. That felt good!

Back
Top Bottom