Anyone like Mark Warner for president in '08

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cjboog

Refugee
Iv'e been looking at possible contenders for the 2008 election and came across a democratic candidate that I thought was very interesting. Warner was/is? the governor of Virginia, a red state. Under his leadership the state overcame a huge defecit, and his approval ratings were around 80%. I think this is a very good candidate for the democratic ticket in '08 because he can win in the south and is a moderate: he can bring more moderate voters into the party. I know it is early but share you thoughts and comments, and take my poll at this website:

http://www.misterpoll.com/3102873377.html

I've started many threads on getting Mark Warner elected president in '08. As a matter of fact I'll be seeing him this Wednesday :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

He's an excellent governor and would make an excellent president :up:

Yup. He started off kind of rocky but man he just took off and got us out of debt and got conservative republicans to work with the democrats. The man's brilliant :up:

U2democrat said:
I've started many threads on getting Mark Warner elected president in '08. As a matter of fact I'll be seeing him this Wednesday :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

He's an excellent governor and would make an excellent president :up:

:lol: I was going to say, I don't know anything about this man but I know Laura's been pitching him for a while now!

I'd never heard of him before I saw something on MSNBC.com about him a while ago. I consider myself a Clark Democrat, I love Wes Clark, but I was impressed with what I read about Warner and he sounds like my 1st 2nd choice :wink:

What do think about him being too conservative? I have talked to people who say they don't like him becaues he is a "republican in disguise"

cjboog said:
Anyone like Mark Warner for president in '08

we have a regular poster in here called

u2democrat

she is a supporter

i am sure she will probably reply in here at least once

I like Warner, too. I've posted in just about every thread U2democrat has started on him in support of his candidacy and, yes, election to the Presidency!

I didn't know U2democrat had any posts on this cuz i'm pretty new and I usually post in everything you know is wrong. I thought I would be one of the first to post on 2008 seeing as its so.........far.........away.........

Re: Re: Anyone like Mark Warner for president in '08

deep said:

we have a regular poster in here called

u2democrat

she is a supporter

i am sure she will probably reply in here at least once

:lmao:

You crack me up.

From today's Washington Post:

Warner's Triumphant Legacy No Easy Feat
Bipartisan-Minded Governor Broke Tax Vow but Revived Va.

By Michael D. Shear
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, January 10, 2006; Page A01

RICHMOND -- Mark Robert Warner, the businessman-turned-politician, faced an immense budget gap, a steep learning curve and a legislature happy to see him fail when he was inaugurated as Virginia's 69th governor in 2002.

Over the next four years, he slashed the state's budget, stumbled repeatedly, proposed two tax increases -- and wound up as one of the most popular governors in the commonwealth's history. In November, Virginians chose a successor who campaigned as the second coming of Mark Warner.

Full article:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/09/AR2006010901944.html

What can I say I'm a rabid campaigner :shrug:

Last edited:
I keep talking to this guy on another site who is very opposed to moderate guys like warner for pres because he says "this is the age of the true blue democrat", and "cut the moderate crap". I keep reminding him that about 43% of the democratic party members label themselves "moderate". Should we go for a more moderate approach or more liberal?? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom